Swimming laps

Swim briefs, bikinis, thongs, and square-cuts. A place to discuss swimwear against the norm.
oldermuscledude

Re: Swimming laps

Post by oldermuscledude »

I always swim laps in a Tyr swim brief! I can't imagine trying to do laps in anything else--too much drag...and I'm confident enough that I don't pay attention to looks or comments I might get.
thong man

Post by thong man »

I wear a Ergowear 4d swimbrief for laps at my local sports centre in Scotland , there are a lot of speedo wearers doing laps and playing water polo,
I really don’t understand wearing baggie shorts for swimming laps 🤔
Thongwearer

Post by Thongwearer »

Yep I totally agree - board shorts dont make sense for the pool, especially working out.

Sadly at my gym i see more board shorts than anything else, even jammers.
jason_greets

Post by jason_greets »

I would just wear whatever I feel most comfortable that is appropriate in the setting.
Last edited by jason_greets on Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
jason_greets

Post by jason_greets »

thong man wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:44 am I wear a Ergowear 4d swimbrief for laps at my local sports centre in Scotland , there are a lot of speedo wearers doing laps and playing water polo,
I really don’t understand wearing baggie shorts for swimming laps 🤔
Those baggie shorts look and feel so uncomfortable and make no sense to me to swim in, especially for swim laps.
imason

Post by imason »

I never wore anything else but a swim brief for lap swimming. And I had the same experience - when a friend who didn't know i wear speedos asked me to swim together. He didn't say anything and I hope one day he would join me in wearing them.
kiyoothong

Post by kiyoothong »

The gym I go to has a seasonal outdoor pool, and that's where I do laps in a swim thong. There are no life guards by the pool, and there is no one using the pool in the morning.
Since I do not have to share the pool with anyone else in the morning, I usually swim laps in a thong for about an hour.
thong man

Post by thong man »

Going to be doing laps at London fields lido on the 15th April 9:30am wearing my thong, 50 m outdoor heated pool can’t be bad . never been there has anyone else been ?
SnakeEyes20

Post by SnakeEyes20 »

I'm in NY I've seen many more swim briefs and bikinis at both pools. I work out at both public and private after a long hiatus of going to both venues(in one case the gym. I hadn't gone to in over 20 years since I was in high school). Haven't been to the beach much as I find NY beaches disgusting.
thong man

Post by thong man »

Went to London fields lido in London 3 times this past week , fantastic facilities, 24c water temp , chilly 6c air temp and a bit windy , very clean changing area with hot showers , no issues wearing a Joe synder bulge thong in black