Have you a bikini which you are dying to use ?

Swim briefs, bikinis, thongs, and square-cuts. A place to discuss swimwear against the norm.
Aberman

Have you a bikini which you are dying to use ?

Post by Aberman »

I buy different styles and colours for different places . In my leisure club pool I wear Snyder bikinis but would not feel that comfortable going smaller . Whereas on the beach abroad I have a shiny metallic grey m73 from skinzwear which has their smallest pouch , only a 1/4 seat, at most and perhaps 3/8 inch side straps . So I’m no stranger to very brief stuff .

My question is … have you bought something , fully intending to wear it at your local pool and just not had the courage to wear it yet ? For me personally , if I was going to a one night stay in a hotel I might be more adventurous than on my home turf .

My offering , which I have only just been able to wear is my Kiniki Andre in yellow . As a straight guy , I do love bright gaudy swimwear , and I had this for about it a year before I could wear it at my leisure pool . I know it’s all in the mind !

For my foreign holidays I have bought some pink joe Snyder bikinis , the ones with the minimal pouch fronts but which push out . I look forward to letting you know how I get on .
jason_greets

Re: Have you a bikini which you are dying to use ?

Post by jason_greets »

I do have a pair of blue print Speedo briefs (1.25 inch sides) that I've secretly worn under swim shorts. Though now I wish to lose 8-10 lbs more and get me another pair with shorter sides like 1 inch.
Aberman

Post by Aberman »

So now that I have worn my yellow Kiniki Andre , I don't think there is anything else I want to wear in the UK pools . But I'm interested to see how brave I am with the Snyder bulge bikinis when I go to Spain . I have them in purple and even pink , which I think is a great colour but difficult to pluck up the courage to wear .
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Aberman wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:47 am So now that I have worn my yellow Kiniki Andre , I don't think there is anything else I want to wear in the UK pools . But I'm interested to see how brave I am with the Snyder bulge bikinis when I go to Spain . I have them in purple and even pink , which I think is a great colour but difficult to pluck up the courage to wear .
I don't think the Kiniki Andre was available in yellow when I bought mine last century(that makes it sound ancient)lol. The colours I have are red, purple,turquoise and black, although I recently gave the turquoise one to a friend who was looking for something skimpier than his regular suits. I think the purple was the only one that I wore in public and it felt like it was sprayed on. The others didn't see the light of day mainly because I graduated to string bikinis with half backs and narrow sides. I would imagine the yellow would be quite revealing especially when wet because the red and turquoise were slightly transparent even when dry. Well done you for having the courage to finally wear it in a UK pool.
Aberman

Post by Aberman »

Well that is interesting because I do not think Purple is available now . I think white , yellow , red , teal and lightish blue and black are available off the top of my head . You raise a good point about the yellow being transparent when wet . Actually it is made differently , the yellow and the white are lined and thicker material so no transparency problems , still very brief and very appealing . I purchased the Eden in yellow which is dazzlingly bright but a bit more coverage for when I just did not feel up to the challenge !
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Aberman wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:04 pm Well that is interesting because I do not think Purple is available now . I think white , yellow , red , teal and lightish blue and black are available off the top of my head . You raise a good point about the yellow being transparent when wet . Actually it is made differently , the yellow and the white are lined and thicker material so no transparency problems , still very brief and very appealing . I purchased the Eden in yellow which is dazzlingly bright but a bit more coverage for when I just did not feel up to the challenge !
I'm assuming that Kiniki were made aware that the lighter colours were inclined to be transparent when wet and decided to line them for extra protection. I checked the ones that I still have and none of them are lined. Still as good as new even after all those years,although the purple one is the only one I remember wearing in a pool. I tried them on before posting this and couldn't believe how tight they were. Mind you, I did buy size small in those days. lol.
Aberman

Post by Aberman »

I tend to buy smaller anyway , to get a smaller cut and yes , I think as you say , the lighter colours would be too transparent . I rather like their new light blue colour and the red , which I wore today , is nice and bright . In general it would be great if Kiniki made the Andre style but maybe with half and quarter seats too . Not that I would use these at home in the Uk but yes in more exotic locations .
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Aberman wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:13 pm I tend to buy smaller anyway , to get a smaller cut and yes , I think as you say , the lighter colours would be too transparent . I rather like their new light blue colour and the red , which I wore today , is nice and bright . In general it would be great if Kiniki made the Andre style but maybe with half and quarter seats too . Not that I would use these at home in the Uk but yes in more exotic locations .
I had a look at the Kiniki website this morning and was surprised to see that they offer the Andre style in seven colours. That suggests it must be a popular choice. I think to get the half back seat that you desire you'd have to consider something like the Cuba tanga style, also available in the same seven colours. The only negative I found with the Cuba was the pouch squished the package rather than let it breathe. Might be worth considering while they are on sale for less than £10. They also have tan through tangas at half price which might be an option for you. For anyone looking for quality bikinis and tangas at a great price, you should check out Kiniki.
Aberman

Post by Aberman »

I actually have the Kiniki half back cuba in light blue and yellow . You are right it is rather flat fitting , but I can put up with that for a few hours . The pouch is rather wider than I would like , preferring a more minimal front , but it is actually quite a nice half back tanga . I sometimes email Kiniki with suggestions and I hope there has been an explosion of sales in their new colours which may encourage them to experiment with varying shapes and options . I would love it if they took a skinzwear or muscleskins approach . I suspect that for swimwear afficianados , who are hooked , who buy lots and frequently it would be good business for them . Many of our drawers I am sure are crammed with small swim stuff , whereas the mainstream buyer might have one pair of swim shorts . So come on Kiniki , briefer and brighter styles !
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Aberman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:33 am I actually have the Kiniki half back cuba in light blue and yellow . You are right it is rather flat fitting , but I can put up with that for a few hours . The pouch is rather wider than I would like , preferring a more minimal front , but it is actually quite a nice half back tanga . I sometimes email Kiniki with suggestions and I hope there has been an explosion of sales in their new colours which may encourage them to experiment with varying shapes and options . I would love it if they took a skinzwear or muscleskins approach . I suspect that for swimwear afficianados , who are hooked , who buy lots and frequently it would be good business for them . Many of our drawers I am sure are crammed with small swim stuff , whereas the mainstream buyer might have one pair of swim shorts . So come on Kiniki , briefer and brighter styles !
The half back Cuba I had was in white, but I gave it to the same friend that got the Andre. Hope he puts them to good use, although he felt they would be too skimpy for his local pool.