Thong Dilemma

Let's talk about thongs
Thinglover

Thong Dilemma

Post by Thinglover »

Ive recently had a conversation with my wife about my love for thongs, bikini’s, and other types of underwear that aren’t the “norm” for men. It took a lot for me to admit it to her and she told me that she doesn’t like it and thinks it’s odd. I’m not sure where to go from here. I go crazy thinking about it because wearing thongs and string bikinis is something I feel strongly about. They are the most comfortable things ever and I just love them. Any suggestions?
TANGA TANGA

Re: Thong Dilemma

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Thinglover wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:59 pm Ive recently had a conversation with my wife about my love for thongs, bikini’s, and other types of underwear that aren’t the “norm” for men. It took a lot for me to admit it to her and she told me that she doesn’t like it and thinks it’s odd. I’m not sure where to go from here. I go crazy thinking about it because wearing thongs and string bikinis is something I feel strongly about. They are the most comfortable things ever and I just love them. Any suggestions?
Hello. Have to say I'm a little confused by your post. At the end of your post you say that thongs and bikinis are the most comfortable things ever and you just love them. By that,I assume that you wear,or have worn them in the past? Then you say that it took a lot for you to admit your liking for skimpy undies to your wife. I'm now wondering if you are recently married and have up until now managed to keep your sexy underwear a secret? I find it hard to believe you could keep such a thing secret if you've been living together for some time. Have you asked your wife what she doesn't like about them and why she thinks it's odd for a man to wear them?
Nate,who runs this blog, has posted several excellent posts on this very subject which you should try to read. There are guys on this forum who have experienced the very same issues that you have and their positive and negative stories are sure to help you in some way.
It's a well known fact that most women like to check out a man's butt,so I don't see any reason why the sight of you in a butt revealing thong will not push all the right buttons for your wife.
I personally don't believe anyone,male or female,should dictate what their other half should wear because who's to say it won't be how you wear your hair,or don't grow a beard etc.
If your wife likes to wear skimpy undies then she should understand why you want to do likewise. But if she has just found out about your secret love of skimpy undies then perhaps you could begin by wearing a bikini and save the thongs for "date night?" If,on the other hand,she is more of a Bridget Jones Granny pants wearer,then perhaps you need to encourage her to follow your example.
Let us know how things go. Good luck!
Thinglover

Post by Thinglover »

Thank you for responding! I have been wearing bikini style and brief underwear since we met. I have showed her pictures of thongs that I want and all she told me was that she doesn’t like them for men and that she thinks it’s weird. I had kept some thongs I owned secret for some time and I don’t think she’s actually ever seen me in a thong. She herself has always been a thong wearer and they look phenomenal on her. I experimented with thongs in high school, barely wore any in college, and within the passed few years I’ve been occasionally wearing them. I would like to wear them more often. When I recently talked with her I described it as an underwear fetish because that’s how strongly I feel about them
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Thinglover wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:34 pm Thank you for responding! I have been wearing bikini style and brief underwear since we met. I have showed her pictures of thongs that I want and all she told me was that she doesn’t like them for men and that she thinks it’s weird. I had kept some thongs I owned secret for some time and I don’t think she’s actually ever seen me in a thong. She herself has always been a thong wearer and they look phenomenal on her. I experimented with thongs in high school, barely wore any in college, and within the passed few years I’ve been occasionally wearing them. I would like to wear them more often. When I recently talked with her I described it as an underwear fetish because that’s how strongly I feel about them
Hello again. I think the fact your wife has always been a thong wearer and obviously looks good in them is cause for hope.
As I said in my previous reply,if she was more of a Bridget Jones underwear girl,it might be difficult to get her on your side,but hopefully she will realize that she is being unfair by denying you the right to wear what YOU want. Perhaps she was brought up to believe that thongs were for women only,or gay men(A ridiculous stereotype,but one that is still used),or that women are not supposed to find men who wear revealing undies desirable, and to look upon a man's manhood and butt is something only "bad" girls do!
I think you have to persevere and show her that wearing a bikini or thong is not going to change you as a person,but I would caution you about using terms like "fetish" in future.
Thinglover

Post by Thinglover »

Thanks for the response. I think that men have the right to wear thongs and not many know how comfortable they actually are. When I originally told her my feelings towards thongs she told me that “she’s not into it” and I responded and told her that it is something that I am into and something I always have been into. I’m just at the point where I am not sure what to do next. I know it’s something that won’t end our relationship but I just want to keep ordering more and more thongs and wear them all the time.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are the types of thongs you enjoy wearing? G strings? Lace?
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Thinglover wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:21 pm Thanks for the response. I think that men have the right to wear thongs and not many know how comfortable they actually are. When I originally told her my feelings towards thongs she told me that “she’s not into it” and I responded and told her that it is something that I am into and something I always have been into. I’m just at the point where I am not sure what to do next. I know it’s something that won’t end our relationship but I just want to keep ordering more and more thongs and wear them all the time.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are the types of thongs you enjoy wearing? G strings? Lace?
I think you make a good point when you state that not many men know how comfortable thongs are. Those who don't are probably put off at the thought of having a narrow piece of elastic running up between their butt cheeks and have visions of a permanent wedgie,while those of us in the know are well aware of how comfortable a well fitting thong or g-string can be and how much support they provide compared to boxers etc.
Lets be honest,unless you're going to walk about carrying a sign saying "I'm a thong wearer!" how many people,apart from your wife,are going to know that you are wearing one,or are likely to see you wearing one? More than likely no one,unless you belong to a gym etc. Wearing underwear that is different from the "norm" can boost your self esteem and give you more confidence especially if you have suffered from a negative body image in the past.

I would advise you not to go over the top with purchases of new thongs to begin with otherwise your wife would have good reason to question the expense and may label it an obsession.

This forum encourages all followers to share their experiences and ask one another questions,so in answer to your question...... G-strings are by far my favourite type of underwear,although I do have a fair amount of thongs,bikini briefs,jocks etc. I will hopefully have a post on my favourite g-strings ready to send to Nate soon, as a follow up to my swimwear collection that was featured a few weeks ago. I tend to go for nylon or lycra strings and I'm not a fan of lace underwear for men whatever the style.
Thinglover

Post by Thinglover »

Ah yes! I love the feeling of thongs between my butt cheeks there’s just something about it that feels amazing and eventually it’s like it’s not even there! Amazing! More men definitely need to open to trying different types of underwear. I do wear boxers sometimes but after a while I get sick of them riding up and my junk all over the place. I myself like the nylon and spandex thong ones the most. I’m not sure if I have ever put on a g string before. Are there particular ones that you like? What is the feeling of a g string? Does it feel better than a normal thong?

And I agree with you, no one will ever know the underwear I am wearing besides myself and my wife. Wearing bikini and thong underwear does make me feel great as a person. I actually like to look at myself in the mirror when I have them on and often take pictures as well.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Thinglover wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:32 pm Ah yes! I love the feeling of thongs between my butt cheeks there’s just something about it that feels amazing and eventually it’s like it’s not even there! Amazing! More men definitely need to open to trying different types of underwear. I do wear boxers sometimes but after a while I get sick of them riding up and my junk all over the place. I myself like the nylon and spandex thong ones the most. I’m not sure if I have ever put on a g string before. Are there particular ones that you like? What is the feeling of a g string? Does it feel better than a normal thong?

And I agree with you, no one will ever know the underwear I am wearing besides myself and my wife. Wearing bikini and thong underwear does make me feel great as a person. I actually like to look at myself in the mirror when I have them on and often take pictures as well.
I prefer g-strings over thongs mainly because the waistband,pouch and under strap all tend to be narrower than a thong. My favourites include Daniel Alexander,Gregg Homme and Cover Male,which will all be featured in my g-string collection for hopefully a future TBD post.
I'm pretty sure you're not the only guy on here who likes to take selfies while wearing sexy undies(lol).
tbdrawer
Site Admin

Post by tbdrawer »

Thinglover, opening up to your wife about your interesting in bikinis and thongs in my opinion is a big step. She now knows you like to wear them. This is one post I did with some ideas for trying to change the wife's mind on skimpy underwear. https://www.the-bottom-drawer.com/getti ... reference/ I've been lucky to not have the issues of 'I'm not into that' reaction, so I can't really give any ideas I know that work. Tanga Tanga always has wise suggestions. I agree you don't what to go too crazy with the buying and avoid the word fetish is a good idea from Tanga Tanga too. With your wife wearing thongs then she knows the advantage of wearing them, but men get the bonus of excellent support. Then if she has a drawer full of underwear then she must enjoy a variety to select from, which would help with an argument to expand yours.

It sounds like you wife is not use to seeing you in bikinis and thongs, so it is not a norm for her. Really not the norm for many women to think of bikinis and thongs for guys. If that is all she saw you in from the beginning then her opinion would probably be different. My guess is the more she sees you in them then her perception probably would change. At the very least she should be able to accept you enjoy them and let it be.
DrMarkinMD

Post by DrMarkinMD »

My wife has always been supportive and buys most of my things and g-strings. I get some strange looks in the locker room at the gym or the hospital OR, but most guys just ask me if they’re comfortable. I think my wife likes the looks and attention I get at the beach. Start wearing them and let her see how much you like them. Maybe she will toss out the double-standard.