Women v. Men Wearing Bikinis and Thongs

Let's talk about bikinis
DanPar

Women v. Men Wearing Bikinis and Thongs

Post by DanPar »

I'd like to share my experiences on the subject. First I'm fascinated by the perception of how the genders are viewed when wearing either.

I live in Chicago so summer is relatively short. Living close to Lake Michigan, I go often. I winter in Florida so I like to maintain my tan as long as possible. I mostly attend the beach early before families are present and leave when they arrive.

When I go I either wear a bikini or thong. I'm a fit older guy with a nice shaved body. Yes there is a penis in the bikini or thong I'm wearing! My penis is less visible in the bikini. Clearly it is very visible in a thong. I am in no way ashamed of my body nor should I be! Often I get looks that are clearly of shame or disgust. But other times (not often) some women and often from other men, I get clear signals that they seem to like what they see. These times are few and far between.

A female friend is into the beach and sunbathing. She is tall with a pretty face, large breasts and long slender legs. Like me she grew up at the lake. When we started going to the beach together she wore a one piece. Wearing more sunscreen she became somewhat agreeable to a two piece.

Initially we were a bit of an odd couple. Her in a one piece and me in a bikini or thong. I gifted her a bikini. Pastel summer colors. The top is basically two small triangles held with string thin straps. This beautiful lady like me is big into being hairless. The bottom of the two piece is no bigger than a man's hand but it covers what needs covering. After trying the two piece in the yard a few times she went for it and wore it to the beach.

Needess to say all the men and all the women at the beach found a way to walk near us. The men admired her fair skin fit and attractive body. The women were most likely jealous although some clearly like her look.

In closing it seems men are to be shamed and treated as wearing something inappropriate. Women are admired. Keep in mind that too many people shouldn't wear bikinis or thongs they are the wrong body type or too hairy.

I'll be interested in any feedback from anyone.
TANGA TANGA

Re: Women v. Men Wearing Bikinis and Thongs

Post by TANGA TANGA »

DanPar wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:49 pm I'd like to share my experiences on the subject. First I'm fascinated by the perception of how the genders are viewed when wearing either.

I live in Chicago so summer is relatively short. Living close to Lake Michigan, I go often. I winter in Florida so I like to maintain my tan as long as possible. I mostly attend the beach early before families are present and leave when they arrive.

When I go I either wear a bikini or thong. I'm a fit older guy with a nice shaved body. Yes there is a penis in the bikini or thong I'm wearing! My penis is less visible in the bikini. Clearly it is very visible in a thong. I am in no way ashamed of my body nor should I be! Often I get looks that are clearly of shame or disgust. But other times (not often) some women and often from other men, I get clear signals that they seem to like what they see. These times are few and far between.

A female friend is into the beach and sunbathing. She is tall with a pretty face, large breasts and long slender legs. Like me she grew up at the lake. When we started going to the beach together she wore a one piece. Wearing more sunscreen she became somewhat agreeable to a two piece.

Initially we were a bit of an odd couple. Her in a one piece and me in a bikini or thong. I gifted her a bikini. Pastel summer colors. The top is basically two small triangles held with string thin straps. This beautiful lady like me is big into being hairless. The bottom of the two piece is no bigger than a man's hand but it covers what needs covering. After trying the two piece in the yard a few times she went for it and wore it to the beach.

Needess to say all the men and all the women at the beach found a way to walk near us. The men admired her fair skin fit and attractive body. The women were most likely jealous although some clearly like her look.

In closing it seems men are to be shamed and treated as wearing something inappropriate. Women are admired. Keep in mind that too many people shouldn't wear bikinis or thongs they are the wrong body type or too hairy.

I'll be interested in any feedback from anyone.
I agree with your comments about men being shamed for daring to wear skimpy swimwear and the double standards when it’s a woman.However,I have to take issue with your assertion that too many people shouldn’t wear bikinis or thongs because of their body type or excess body hair. I would defend the rights of any guy to wear a thong or bikini no matter his size or amount of body hair.
On my regular trips to Sicily,I see guys who would be classed as overweight totally rocking a skimpy speedo and I think good on them and why shouldn’t they enjoy the freedom of exposing their less than gym toned bodies to the sun?
I’m far from being overweight and I do manscape my privates,but I’m sure there are people who think I shouldn’t wear g-strings. That is their problem,not mine!
We are all guilty of judging others,but we have to learn to bite our tongues and keep our opinions to ourselves unless someone specifically asks for them,and even then we have to tread warily so as not to hurt their feelings.
DanPar

Post by DanPar »

First nice to know that you are a fellow Sicily lover. I absolutely adore that beautiful island. It was home to my grandparents. They came here for a better life. Having visited there many times I Wish I never had to leave.

Regarding the rebuttal to my posting. After giving it the appropriate thought you are correct. I don’t want anyone judging me so who am I to judge. Thanks for the reprimand.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

DanPar wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:25 am First nice to know that you are a fellow Sicily lover. I absolutely adore that beautiful island. It was home to my grandparents. They came here for a better life. Having visited there many times I Wish I never had to leave.

Regarding the rebuttal to my posting. After giving it the appropriate thought you are correct. I don’t want anyone judging me so who am I to judge. Thanks for the reprimand.
Hi Dan.Didn’t mean it to sound like a reprimand,but appreciate you taking it the right way. Great to hear you have a passion for Sicily too. Hope you won’t be too jealous when I tell you I’m sending this message from Sicily having just arrived this evening. Believe it or not,this is my 16th time in 15 years on this beautiful island. You will know how popular speedos are here with all age groups and the nudist zone at Capo Gallo is an added bonus.
DanPar

Post by DanPar »

Lucky lucky you! Wish I was there too. It is so beautiful in summertime. Enjoy your visit, and the superb food and wine. Work on that full body tan!!

I did not consider your reply a reprimand. I appreciate your directing me to rethink what I’d written.
DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

I agree that there is too much difference in the attitudes of men and women wearing skimpy swimwear today. It did not used to be like this though, and I don't know why it has become this way. Keep in mind, based on responses in other posts, that this issue does not apply to all societies, but where it does apply we do seem to have lost the sexual freedom that the sexual revolution in initially delivered.

I'm not sure the problem relates just to the penis, it seems to the whole male sexual organs are to be despised.

You certainly don't offend me with your comment about some people perhaps should not wear skimpier swimwear, and by "people" I assume you mean all. Some women just physically cannot wear a bikini, not really to do with looks, it's more to do with build and the bikini offering insufficient support for even walking. As long as you don't say this to anyone, or let your looks give your thoughts away, your thoughts are your business, and should be respected.
DanPar

Post by DanPar »

Thanks for agreeing with me about the difference in perception between men and women.

Regarding the male genitalia, I agree that it’s more than the penis. I look at it this way. God or evolution made men and women the way we are today. The issue is how we choose to cover our parts. We all have them. Myself and others choose bikinis and thongs. Others choose more.

In the future I’m going to keep my opinions to myself as to who can and should or those who should not.
DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

I assume this woman is a similar age to you, and that "large breasts" does not mean melons. If this is the case, do you know if she wore a bikini when younger (teens and 20s), changing to a one-piece when older, or has it always been a one-piece. The reason I ask is that my partner (50s) once wore a bikini but switched to a one-piece once she got older ("it just doesn't feel right being in a bikini at my age", then about 40). There is a topic covering this issue in the Swimwear section. She is slim, always has been, and could still easily wear a bikini. Any evidence to show that another has switched/returned to a bikini could be helpful.
DanPar

Post by DanPar »

My girl is similar in age to me. She has large breasts not melons. She always wore a one piece. We started in the bedroom. With sexy underwear for her. She got turned on by the look and gradually was willing to shed one piece swimwear for two. Seeing how good she looked was the key. Also taking time helped. Hope this helps.
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

I have been with 7 different women throughout my adult life and none of them have had a problem with the fact that I wear thong or bikini underwear. In fact, some have commented that, given the fact that I am a large-framed man and wore bikini underwear they thought that I was a very confident man and not ashamed of my body