CNN: Speedos are back!

Swim briefs, bikinis, thongs, and square-cuts. A place to discuss swimwear against the norm.
swimmer78

CNN: Speedos are back!

Post by swimmer78 »

Saw this today on cnn.com and had to share: https://www.cnn.com/style/speedos-comeb ... index.html
This is probably the most mainstream reporting I've seen on our beloved swimwear. Let's hope it's a for sure trend.
TANGA TANGA

Re: CNN: Speedos are back!

Post by TANGA TANGA »

swimmer78 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:31 am Saw this today on cnn.com and had to share: https://www.cnn.com/style/speedos-comeb ... index.html
This is probably the most mainstream reporting I've seen on our beloved swimwear. Let's hope it's a for sure trend.
Someone also mentioned it on the main blog today and Nate and I both commented on it. The more people who see it, the better.
Guitar T

Post by Guitar T »

This is vary positive news. I hope it holds and we see a resurgence of mens bikini style swimwear and underwear along with more thongs from mainstream and big box vendors.
ralange

Post by ralange »

I was at the beach at Muamee Bay state park in Ohio yesterday with my kids and grandkids. I wore a 3" swim brief. While I was drying in the sun, the family about 25 feet away got up to leave. The guy came over and told me he like how I was rocking the speedo and wishes he had the confidence to wear one. Told me I wore it well and keep rockin it.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

ralange wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:31 pm I was at the beach at Muamee Bay state park in Ohio yesterday with my kids and grandkids. I wore a 3" swim brief. While I was drying in the sun, the family about 25 feet away got up to leave. The guy came over and told me he like how I was rocking the speedo and wishes he had the confidence to wear one. Told me I wore it well and keep rockin it.
We can always rely on you to set a good example,Randy. Hopefully that guy will find the confidence to throw caution to the wind and just go for it.
ralange

Post by ralange »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:30 am
ralange wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:31 pm I was at the beach at Muamee Bay state park in Ohio yesterday with my kids and grandkids. I wore a 3" swim brief. While I was drying in the sun, the family about 25 feet away got up to leave. The guy came over and told me he like how I was rocking the speedo and wishes he had the confidence to wear one. Told me I wore it well and keep rockin it.
We can always rely on you to set a good example,Randy. Hopefully that guy will find the confidence to throw caution to the wind and just go for it.
I hope so.
ManlyUndies

Post by ManlyUndies »

That's great!

I, too, hope that him seeing you out there rocking your bikini helps him pluck up the courage to don one himself and get out there.
ThongBum

Post by ThongBum »

Good. I hate board shorts, at least for swimming.
Straw-Strings

Post by Straw-Strings »

Saw this the other day and it got me a little excited. Now we just need to normalize men's thong swimwear! Did my part for the first time at the beach yesterday, lol
Madaboutuw

Post by Madaboutuw »

Very interesting read. Such good news.