How often do you buy swimwear?

Swim briefs, bikinis, thongs, and square-cuts. A place to discuss swimwear against the norm.
tbdrawer
Site Admin

How often do you buy swimwear?

Post by tbdrawer »

I'm wondering how often you buy a new swimsuit. Do you wait until one wears out? Buy a new pair or two every year? Just buy when you see a pair that speaks to you? Do you have a buying frequency?

I start looking at swimsuits when I start getting cabin fever, so late winter or early spring. Usually my buying comes down to if something speaks to me and if it is a reasonable price. Also now I factor in if it is something I feel I am comfortable wearing to the local beach. I'd like to buy at least one a year, so I can review a pair for the blog yearly plus always nice to find a nice swimsuit for the collection.
TANGA TANGA

Re: How often do you buy swimwear?

Post by TANGA TANGA »

tbdrawer wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:49 pm I'm wondering how often you buy a new swimsuit. Do you wait until one wears out? Buy a new pair or two every year? Just buy when you see a pair that speaks to you? Do you have a buying frequency?

I start looking at swimsuits when I start getting cabin fever, so late winter or early spring. Usually my buying comes down to if something speaks to me and if it is a reasonable price. Also now I factor in if it is something I feel I am comfortable wearing to the local beach. I'd like to buy at least one a year, so I can review a pair for the blog yearly plus always nice to find a nice swimsuit for the collection.
Had a quick look in my swimwear drawer before I replied to your post. I have 20 swim thongs,bikinis and speedo type suits,mostly bought from Kiniki,but the two newest purchases are Daniel Alexander half back string bikinis.When I say newest,they were bought quite a few years ago. Quite a number of my collection have never been worn in public(or for that matter,in private) and are as new as the day they were bought.The main reasons for this are that living in Scotland,the weather is unpredictable,even in the height of summer,and I haven't visited a Scottish beach for many,many years. When I go to Sicily for my yearly vacation,I usually go to a nudist area where the most I'll wear is a g-string.The exception would be if I was with friends on a busy Italian beach,then I'd wear a bikini brief. In closing,I can't see me having any reason to buy another swimsuit in the foreseeable future,if at all.
DownUnder

Re: How often do you buy swimwear?

Post by DownUnder »

I'd only buy swimwear when I need a new one. I don't do much swimming now, and mostly just at home anyway. So for that reason I get skimpy styles when I do buy them. The latest one was purchased a couple of years ago, so that will do me for now.