Customized Swimwear

Swim briefs, bikinis, thongs, and square-cuts. A place to discuss swimwear against the norm.
stringbikinidude

Customized Swimwear

Post by stringbikinidude »

Anyone ever order from some of those customized swimwear sites? Buffedbod.com is one of them but there are others. I've always meant to order from them but never have. Maybe it is time to do so and give them a try...
DownUnder

Re: Customized Swimwear

Post by DownUnder »

Not for swimwear, but for underwear. I just chose the standard product and did not bother with any customising. I wasn't impressed; one item looked good but soon fell apart with the fabric coming away from the pouch side elastic. The other item was a poor fit and was not comfortable. I never bothered with them again. That was about three years ago. I won't name them, unless someone really needs to know, as they could have improved or changed owners by now.
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

I ordered a tanga string brief from Something Wild in California (SWIC) about years ago, it was a very frail garment that fit poorly and lasted a few months before it started coming apart.
DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

Something Wild in California (SWIC)
That was the company I was referring to.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

JustSomeDude71 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:35 pm I ordered a tanga string brief from Something Wild in California (SWIC) about years ago, it was a very frail garment that fit poorly and lasted a few months before it started coming apart.
Good morning JustSomeDude71, a post in the regular page mentioned Muscleskins.com you should check them out. They custom make the garments, appear to have nice fabric options and go up to xxxl, you can choose the side and seat option. I know you mentioned previously that it was difficult finding bikinis/thongs, I’ve never ordered from them as I just heard about them myself but certainly an option. And not too bad priced at $24 each since they are custom made. Take care
outside_time

Post by outside_time »

I've bought custom suits from Ron at Buffedbod several times. I have 3 1" bikinis with contour front, 2 of the "hoist" thongs, which are amazing, and 3 thongs. The design is superb on all of them, the construction mostly top-notch. I did have one unravel some seams, but no others. I have probably 8. He's finally charging what his work is really worth, but that makes it harder for me to buy. But he's a great guy, and a one-man army.

I've bought custom from SWIC too, Valeri is a sweet lady. I really like her communications. Unfortunately I haven't hit the optimum design and fabric with her yet. She was very co-operative in re-making a suit that didn't really fit right. The quality was good, the design was not quite the perfect contour that Ron does. I don't find that I wear them as much. Her material and color selection isn't my favorite right now, but it does change, and that's a problem with every custom shop.

Also ordered from Suzi Fox, Liquid Vinyl Clothing. I tried to do a custom special, something she doesn't normally do, and it was just OK. She makes a sliding pouch g-string, I asked her to make it non-sliding. It came out really tiny in the pouch but with a long back strap, which I shortened myself. And even though it's a swim g-string, for me it's bedroom only as things sort of hang out. I think her normal patterns would probably be just fine. I don't like her material selection right now either, but again, that's a moving target.

I got a purple classic from Jupiter at Muscleskins. His work is fine, but the design doesn't work for me. It's just a classic bikini, but it's an odd fit. It also to a long time, but custom work often does. I wouldn't count that as a negative. And Jupiter is a good guy too. Might have to give him another try at some point.

I'd like to give most of these another try, and I'd really like to give kriszsartoria.com a try (she's in Hungary, sells on Etsy).

Lastly I did have a custom one-piece made for my wife with a custom fabric. I had www.mirasolswimwear.com do it. Not cheap! But good work.

Hope that helps.
JR_TWO

Post by JR_TWO »

Another company to try is Mutiny Swimwear . I have tried some of their bikinis and thongs . I would say the quality is really good and have some great styles.
ManlyUndies

Post by ManlyUndies »

Muscleskins does customize their swimwear. They will go so far as to do a completely custom pattern for you, if that is what you want. I love my Muscleskins suits.
Bikenswim

Post by Bikenswim »

Aquadress in Japan makes very skimpy expensive customized swimwear. Since they offer to alter it if needed, it seems only practical if you live near Japan. I like looking at the sexy models on the website https://www.aquadress.club/02_mens_biki ... ikini.html
They make women's suits https://www.aquadress.club/01_ladys_bik ... ikini.html and matching suits for couples
Jonathan G

Post by Jonathan G »

We all know about Skinzwear, right? Never the cheapest but they do have a huge selection of fabrics.