Amusing or interesting stories involving other people

Swim briefs, bikinis, thongs, and square-cuts. A place to discuss swimwear against the norm.
DownUnder

Amusing or interesting stories involving other people

Post by DownUnder »

Does any one have any amusing or interesting stories about other people in swimwear.

This one I have was prompted by the recent blog about what a woman might do if her husband wanted to wear thongs.

In November last year my partner was at a coastal resort for work (just two days). Being on leave at the time, I tagged along for the company and to help with the driving. On the second day I went for a walk along the beach. It was a hot morning, so was wearing casual shirt and shorts, with a Kiniki swim tanga underneath as that seemed more appropriate for the beach even though I had no intention of swimming.

I ambled along and soon left the swimmers at the main beach behind. After about half an hour, so about 1 km at my speed, I thought I'd better return as I'd have about the same time to return and lunch-time was approaching. At that time I saw something purple being washed about at the water's edge and realised it was a bikini top. I picked it up, intending to remove it as we are always being warned about the effects of plastics and the like on the larger wildlife here. It was tied at the neck but the back strap was undone. It wasn't faded, so thought it had probably been lost at the previous weekend, and just hoped that it wasn't a teenage girl in her first bikini with all the embarrassment that that would entail.

I then realised there was something else quite a bit away further along the beach and above the high-water mark. I was a bit wary now as it could mean other people were around, even though I had seen no-one else. That object turned out to be a bag with at least a towel and with a hat and sun-glasses on top of that. It occurred to me that this could be some sort of setup as I'm a bit suspicious by nature, but there were no footprints around it and certainly nothing leading to the sand-dunes. I did wonder about a drowning or foul-play, but at that point I heard a female's voice shouting. On turning to the beach I saw a woman standing in the water with an arm over her breasts and beckoning with the other. Seeing that, it was fairly obvious the top belonged to her, so thought that the best, and gentlemanly, thing to do would be to take it to her. I was still wary at this point, but there was still no other human activity. I stripped off the shirt and shorts and waded into the water.

As I got closer, I could see the strap of her bikini pants was purple, so this top definitely belonged to her. I told her to turn fully away from me, and once I was close enough, I'd face away and she could take the top from me and put it on. The first was accomplished, but she said she her shoulder was too sore and could I tie the top on for her if she held the cups in place. That was done easily. It was when she turned around that the look on her face when she saw what I was wearing made me think she thought I was gay, but nothing was said. We walked to the beach. Once out of the water she thanked me for not taking advantage of the situation, and we got our stuff. She dried with the towel and I air dried as we walked along, then dressed.

Her name was Jan, short for Janice (or some variant of that, she did not spell it out) and she was 30. She was slim, but had curves. She had discovered the spot a few years previously and occasionally used it as it was quiet and the waves were smaller, making it better for swimming. A large wave had dumped her on her right shoulder and then dragged her on her back, at which point she felt the back strap of the top coming undone. Another wave washed the top over her head before she could grab it. She was on the point of getting out of the water to find her top when she saw me, so waited down in the water, hoping I'd pass by. She panicked a bit when I picked the top up as she did not fancy walking back topless through the main beach area as she was only wearing the bikini, but at least she had the towel. It was when I was at the bag that she thought I'd steal it and then she'd lose the towel also.

Once we were back at the main beach area, she thanked me again and went over the house fence. I walked back to the conference hotel to get ready for lunch. And that was that. I just happened to be in the right location at the right time that day. That small bikini suited her build and she looked nice in it, but the whole event turned out to be innocent compared to my initial assessment of it, and I think that is why I remember it.

DownUnder

Re: Amusing or interesting stories involving other people

Post by DownUnder »

The following story describes an event that was recalled after writing about the above incident. It was one I'd describe as weird, rather than amusing.

It occurred in 1973. I was 15, and the neighbour to our left had an 18 year old daughter named Linda. We lived on residential blocks about 1 ha in size. At the bottom of these blocks was a shallow gully. Linda had a horse that she rode and looked after, and her parents had split the block with the lower section for the horse, with a fence just above the gully, so the horse section would have been about half a hectare. It was the Christmas school/university holidays at the time. I had gone to the gully for about an hour in the late morning to get rid of some woody weeds. Normally the horse, no doubt bored and hoping for food, would approach the fence if she saw someone coming down the backyard, so our usual way of getting to the gully was to go over to the right-hand side. Once the hour was up, I had collected the tools and was making my way out of the gully. I heard the horse moving and thought she'd seen me and would expect some goodies. Once I could see her more clearly, I realised Linda was riding her. Only this time it was obvious Linda was dressed just in a bikini. I had seen Linda on the horse before, but each time she was dressed in jeans and t-shirt or flannelette shirt depending on the season. Ocassionally another girl along the road from us rode her horse along our road (it was a quiet road, just being a semi-urban area and not many houses) at a walk just wearing a bikini top, but at least in jeans. I'd seen Linda in this bikini before, it was black with small silver spots on it with the pants having a narrow strap and the usual 1970s style triangle cups for the top. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fabric would have been nylon (no Lycra then).

At first Linda just walked the horse along-side the far fence, so I took my time having a drink. Then she started to move a bit faster, back and forth along the fence, but never in a careless manner and she took graceful turns. She then moved along the top fence and down my side fence at the same pace and it was obvious she was moving in that top. Now at 15 I'd seen young and older teenage girls and women in bikinis, and I knew that at times their breasts could bounce or get a sideways jiggle. While I had never seen any girls in swimwear in real life with hard nipples before, and not having sisters, I'd seen them in magazines so knew what to expect. I'd never seen movement as I saw with Linda that day, the degree or the number of times she bounced. She must have seen me by now as I was in the backyard moving in the more direct path from the gully but she did not seem concerned. The hard nipples were now obvious being so close to her. As she went along the lower fence by the gully she slowed down and stopped when she got over to the far side. In about the middle of the horse section, there was a small jump. She lined up with this and cantered the horse. She jumped over without any problem, but when she landed she let out a cry something like "ohh", pulled the horse up, and got off on the side opposite me. She seemed to be sobbing softly and was standing by the side of the horse. As I could no longer see her clearly, I started to move back up to the house. At that stage I heard her mother, who had approached unseen by me, say "I told you", then Linda say "My nipples are so hard", and the mother asked if she had any breast pain, to which Linda replied "No, just sore nipples". The two of them returned to the house and I saw and heard no more.

I have no idea what happened that day. I had not heard any arguing between them while I was in the gully. I suspect that Linda may have seen the other girl riding in the bikini recently, decided she would try the same, and the mother had advised against it and may have explained why. Her mother was a trained nurse. Linda may have decided to prove her mother wrong and perhaps not experiencing any problems while the horse was walking, had decided to try a more vigorous move with a painful outcome. This whole event made such an impact on me at the time that I'd bet my life that the conversation went exactly as I have written it.

I did subsequently see Linda in the bikini by the pool, not aroused these times, and riding the horse again, but in more appropriate attire. My mother was the only other person at my house when this incident occurred, and was working in the house so did not experience what I did. I never mentioned it to her. I think I must have been the only outsider to have witnessed that event. Linda was a girl to look at, but being three years older than me, I'd never considered her a potential girl-friend, so this incident did not cause me any problems relating to her. A few years later I did see another girl in a bikini top and jeans riding her horse along another road, but just at a walk.

It would be great if Linda ever read this and recognised the event, perhaps she could elaborate more. She also must remember the event. I'd like to think that she could look back on the time and appreciate what happened that day, both with me as a witness and her mother being proved correct.

ralange

Post by ralange »

This happened today, my wife and I are at our third stop of a 9 day camping trip. The stop was in Battle Creek Michigan where I wore me coral colored stuff it pouch Rio suit. I had some on Lookers and strange looks from people as walked backed to my truck only wearing the suit. I love it when people give me running looks while at the beach, then they see you at the camp ground and know they seen a lot of you then others.

The second stop was mostly cloudy and rainy. The third stop is at Groveland Oaks near Flint, MI. Today after we played golf I put on a competition brief suit from Hammer Nutrition with shorts cover up for the walk to beach. When we got there I noticed that the campers from across the street were by the beach. So I layer out our blanket and took my shorts off to go for a swim. When I returned to the blanket my wife said one of ladies couldn't believe her eyes and ran to tell and show the ladies in her group. This was a day after I was wearing leggings without shorts over them because it was cool out.
I guess she lives under a rock has never seen man in "speedo".
Plan is to go to a different beach tomorrow and wear my coral semi sheer stuff it pouch Rio cut again.

DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

Out of interest, how old was the woman. It seems weird behaviour for an adult.

ralange

Post by ralange »

Sorry for the late reply. I think she was in her late 30's early 40's. I think they were very religious or something like that because all the men word shirts even at the beach.

Tacoronte

Northern Spain beach

Post by Tacoronte »

I live in a city on the north coast of Spain. Until last Monday, due to the sanitary restrictions motivated by the covid-19, it was forbidden to be on the Spanish beaches and swim in them.

Yesterday I went to the beach for the first time, as the weather is good in this May, although the water is around 18ºC. The beach is urban and I was on it for a short time, around 14.00. I think there were about 200 people.

As for men's swimwear, the vast majority, including myself, wore shorts.

The few men wearing a speedo swimsuit were: 3 men over the age of 70, 1 in their 30s who quickly disappeared into a wetsuit, a young man in his 20s, two boys in their 10s, and 1 boy in about 6 years. That's what I saw, although there may have been another child.

Around them are lots of topless women, and not just the youngest, and an abundance of thongs at the bottom of their bikinis.

I was struck by the sight of only one man wearing underwear under his bathing suit. This silly and absurd fashion may begin to wear off.

TANGA TANGA

Re: Northern Spain beach

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Tacoronte wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:02 pm
I live in a city on the north coast of Spain. Until last Monday, due to the sanitary restrictions motivated by the covid-19, it was forbidden to be on the Spanish beaches and swim in them.

Yesterday I went to the beach for the first time, as the weather is good in this May, although the water is around 18ºC. The beach is urban and I was on it for a short time, around 14.00. I think there were about 200 people.

As for men's swimwear, the vast majority, including myself, wore shorts.

The few men wearing a speedo swimsuit were: 3 men over the age of 70, 1 in their 30s who quickly disappeared into a wetsuit, a young man in his 20s, two boys in their 10s, and 1 boy in about 6 years. That's what I saw, although there may have been another child.

Around them are lots of topless women, and not just the youngest, and an abundance of thongs at the bottom of their bikinis.

I was struck by the sight of only one man wearing underwear under his bathing suit. This silly and absurd fashion may begin to wear off.
Good to hear that some beaches are open again,but disappointed to hear that you followed the majority and wore shorts, rather than a speedo!
Once again it would seem that the women were not restricted in their choice of swimwear,but men in speedos were few and far between!

Tacoronte

Not to pedal in speedo

Post by Tacoronte »

I understand TANGA TANGA's reproach for my apparent lack of coherence, since I expose the beach situation I went to with most of the men in shorts, myself being one of them too.

But there is an explanation. I have an hour between the stop of my morning work, at 13:30, and the beginning of my lunch, at 14:30. (In Spain we have somewhat different meal times than the rest of the countries, since the beginning of the midday meal ranges between 14.00 and 15.00). So, I finish the morning work and put on a short, a T-shirt and some rubber sandals, I take my bicycle and pedal to the beach. I carry with me a little bag with the keys and some identity document. I do not think it is appropriate to pedal through the streets of my city in speedo, because I want to go to the beach with the least possible things; I don't even have a towel.

When I arrive, I park the bicycle and put a mooring chain on it, I read a little, I take a bath, I take a walk on the beach to dry myself and, with my shorts still slightly damp, I take the bicycle and I leave to eat.

When I go to the beach with more time than that one hour that I have on weekdays, I usually change to a speedo and be like that on the beach. That, as is evident, I am usually one of the very few who wear that comfortable and practical swimwear.

But to TANGA TANGA's satisfaction I tell you that last week I made the transition from winter underwear (briefs and bikinis) to summer underwear (thongs and string bikinis).