Positive view of thongs

Let's talk about thongs
David_NC

Positive view of thongs

Post by David_NC »

While my current thongs are still hidden, I have been looking around at new brands since several of the ones I used to purchase are no longer made (Papi, CK, Undergear). I found the below article interesting since it was written and edited by women, but the researcher was a guy. So maybe thongs won't be in the big box stores anytime soon, but at least articles are being written to provide positive feedback instead of bashing the thong as "girlie" or only for women.
https://faveable.com/best-thongs-for-men

And correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the thong first designed for men?? I think I've narrowed down the next ones I want to try are Daniel Alexander, Ace+Indigo, and Doreanse.
JustSomeDude71

Re: Positive view of thongs

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Since the beginning of human civilization, men have been wearing lioncloths, which is a simple, basic thong design. A long strip of cloth that you wrap around your body to cover your genitals, while still exposing your buttocks. Japanese men traditionally wore something like it called a Fundoshi (they still wear them). Men have been wearing thongs in one form or another for thousands of years!
Last edited by JustSomeDude71 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

While doing some more browsing I actually found a brand that is made right here in North Carolina, their trunks are sold at Target.com. It is called Wood Underwear. Their site is https://www.woodunderwear.com. They carry a selection of thongs which I was surprised, but delighted to see. Especially since made right here in my state.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

David_NC wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:28 am While doing some more browsing I actually found a brand that is made right here in North Carolina, their trunks are sold at Target.com. It is called Wood Underwear. Their site is https://www.woodunderwear.com. They carry a selection of thongs which I was surprised, but delighted to see. Especially since made right here in my state.
That's good that you have an underwear company in your area. I checked out their website to see what they have to offer. Typical selection of boring boxers,but at least they had a small choice of thongs. Unfortunately,like some other companies,they don't show the back view of the thongs on the model,which is probably the most important area for potential buyers. Are they worried that the sight of a thonged butt will send a nation to hell and damnation? I personally wouldn't be rushing to buy anything that didn't show a complete view.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:11 am
David_NC wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:28 am While doing some more browsing I actually found a brand that is made right here in North Carolina, their trunks are sold at Target.com. It is called Wood Underwear. Their site is https://www.woodunderwear.com. They carry a selection of thongs which I was surprised, but delighted to see. Especially since made right here in my state.
That's good that you have an underwear company in your area. I checked out their website to see what they have to offer. Typical selection of boring boxers,but at least they had a small choice of thongs. Unfortunately,like some other companies,they don't show the back view of the thongs on the model,which is probably the most important area for potential buyers. Are they worried that the sight of a thonged butt will send a nation to hell and damnation? I personally wouldn't be rushing to buy anything that didn't show a complete view.
On the red pair they show the thong backside while not being worn. It has too much material for you ;) but might be a choice for me. I agree I am not going to rush to buy anything right away. I was just happy to see a new up and coming underwear maker designing thongs. It was also neat that they are made right here in my state. I wish Calvin Klein would start making their thong again, that is what I’m wearing today and they are super comfy.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

David_NC wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:54 am
TANGA TANGA wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:11 am
On the red pair they show the thong backside while not being worn. It has too much material for you ;) but might be a choice for me. I agree I am not going to rush to buy anything right away. I was just happy to see a new up and coming underwear maker designing thongs. It was also neat that they are made right here in my state. I wish Calvin Klein would start making their thong again, that is what I’m wearing today and they are super comfy.

I noticed the back of the red one was shown,but it's still not the same as seeing it on a real person. Just my opinion.
kenadam

Post by kenadam »

If you research the history of the thong (just Google it), YES they were initially created BY men FOR men. Women exclusively wore loincloth and men had thongs. The garter belt was also a MALE invention (to hold up socks) and tights were for MEN too (for running back in the late seventies). THE WOMEN STOLE OUR INVENTIONS AND PUT OUR STYLES INTO THEIR LINGERIE DRAWER. They are still doing it with the boy brief and boy-short (damn thieves, LOL). In looking at the article (top 7 thongs for men) I did buy and wear the Calvin Klein microfiber stretch thongs (No. 3). I found them a bit uncomfortable to wear since the back was stringy and over time they stretched out and never shrunk back in the dryer. I think they were mesh so they worked in the summer, since the other style at the time was the pure cotton Calvin Body thong.

If the thong was a male clothing item, why is it that men are so ostracized (looked at as sissy, gay, weirdo, demented) if we are discovered to be wearing them. I have worn them for decades and will NEVER stop. I got my wife into wearing them too. I couldn't stand seeing her in granny panties, when my taste was quite a bit more racy.