Thong Dilemma

Let's talk about thongs
JustSomeDude71

Re: Thong Dilemma

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Just a hunch, but you wife is American, correct? And probably born and raised in the Bible Belt region of the USA?

Americans are very uptight, squeamish and conservative when it comes to men's underwear, particularly: thongs, bikinis and g-strings. This puritanical belief seems to be most common within the United States. Ironically American women have no reservations when it comes to their own underwear! They wear whatever they want, no matter how skimpy, brazen or daring the style and cut... it's all part of that women's lib stuff. American men, however, are raised to believe that they should be ashamed of themselves especially when it comes to sexuality and expressing themselves in their choice of underwear. If an American man wants to break from the traditional choice of boring, mundane men's underwear (boxers, boxer briefs and full-cut Y-front briefs) he is teased, shamed and mocked and labeled as gay, sissy, weird, perverted, etc..

Chances are, you're wife has been indoctrinated by conservative American society since birth to believe that men are to conform to certain guidelines, one of which is that they DO NOT wear anything other than boxers or big, giant granny panty men's briefs. It's not her fault, she was raised that way.

The challenge for you is a matter of getting her to un-learn what she's learned.
Last edited by JustSomeDude71 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Thinglover wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:33 pm Thank you for responding! I have been wearing bikini style and brief underwear since we met. I have showed her pictures of thongs that I want and all she told me was that she doesn’t like them for men and that she thinks it’s weird. I had kept some thongs I owned secret for some time and I don’t think she’s actually ever seen me in a thong. She herself has always been a thong wearer and they look phenomenal on her. I experimented with thongs in high school, barely wore any in college, and within the passed few years I’ve been occasionally wearing them. I would like to wear them more often. When I recently talked with her I described it as an underwear fetish because that’s how strongly I feel about them
Maybe she sees it as more of a sexual fetish for you and not just a simple preference in underwear style. If your passion for thongs borders on obsessive-compulsive behavior, than maybe she has a point and a legitimate gripe. May I ask, how often do you buy new thongs?
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Tanga Tanga makes some great points! The type of thongs you wear may give your wife concern, especially if they're feminine-looking (silky, satiny, lacy, frilly and feminine-looking with scalloped edges and looking like women's panties). Also you may need to reign-in your thong buying. If you're buying at least one each week, I would say that, that could be perceived by your wife as obsessive and wasteful, especially if she thinks that the money could be more smartly allocated to other family or household needs. I'll be the first to admit that I myself am a pushover for a sexy bikini brief or thong, but I know my limits and I know when I should be prudent my financial resources and put it to use more wisely elsewhere.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

I am envious of many of you that your wife supports your underwear choices. I was in boxer briefs/trunks when I meet my wife with the occasional brief. I had gotten involved with community theater and the costumes are shared thru different plays - while they are cleaned before the current production and after - I wanted to minimize the amount of material that touched my legs and I was able to keep my undershirt tucked into the boxer briefs to make costume changes quick. Then we met and I had been so wrapped up in theater life I hadn't switched back to bikinis. I also wore boxer briefs to help with fertility while we were on the path to have kids because research showed it was best but who truthfully knows. I have since mixed in bikinis and string bikinis with no negative feedback. I wear thongs, my wife just doesn't know about them. I want to include thongs again, maybe not all the time but at least part time -but I am not sure how to start the conversation with her. She doesn't wear thongs and mostly wears full cut briefs, so some of my underwear that she does know about is already skimpier than hers.
Another hesitation of mine which may be better suited for a different post, but sometime my mother-in-law will come to our home and help my wife fold laundry. Granted this hasn't happened in a while, but I feel weird with my mother-in-law folder my underwear and if she saw that I had thongs would be even more weird.
tbdrawer
Site Admin

Post by tbdrawer »

For the mother-in-law folding laundry, you could just leave your underwear out of the main laundry.

One option to bring up the thong topic is just allow her to see you in one and see if she says anything. Another is allowing her to see you more often in bikinis and see if she says anything. If she typically handles the laundry make sure your skimpy undies are in it when you know your mother-in-law won't be helping out with it.

Other option is working bikinis and thongs into a conversation. Maybe something like you may have noticed I've been experimenting with different underwear styles than my normal. Probably would be good to make sure she knows you use to wear bikinis and thongs in the past and want to get back to wearing them.

If you want her to bring it up then allowing her to see your bikinis more often is probably the best bet. Allow her to see you in them more often (sleep in them), in the laundry, leave a pair out on the bed, etc.

Hopefully some others will have some good ideas for you.
CrossfiThong

Post by CrossfiThong »

Hey David.
Ones I was visibly my parents-and-law and my spouse give to his mom our dirty clothes and she washed it and I’m pretty sure she saw my thong. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Was really nice that she didn’t mention anything and even if she mention so she doesn’t have business in your closet.
If you want to tell your wife Año it your thongs, you can start with:
•Right now because we can not go to the stores is the perfect time to use websites where there are underwear on sale, and you can buy some items and ask her what she thinks about thongs, tell her you can try some, we are in 2020.
• or buy thong Calvin Klein and let her see you wearing it, that brand is so aceptable and make the digestion of the thong idea easier because it is a big brand. And you can say you saw them and feel curious about it.
•or simply start let them on the laundry básquet and let her ask you by herself. And see what is her reacción about it.
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

CrossfiThong wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:44 am Hey David.
Ones I was visibly my parents-and-law and my spouse give to his mom our dirty clothes and she washed it and I’m pretty sure she saw my thong. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Was really nice that she didn’t mention anything and even if she mention so she doesn’t have business in your closet.
•Right now because we can not go to the stores is the perfect time to use websites where there are underwear on sale, and you can buy some items and ask her what she thinks about thongs, tell her you can try some, we are in 2020.
• or buy thong Calvin Klein and let her see you wearing it, that brand is so aceptable and make the digestion of the thong idea easier because it is a big brand. And you can say you saw them and feel curious about it.
•or simply start let them on the laundry básquet and let her ask you by herself. And see what is her reacción about it.
Maybe she thought it was your wife's thong.
CrossfiThong

Post by CrossfiThong »

JustSomeDude71 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:36 am
No my friend, I’m gay so my spouse is a man, lol
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

CrossfiThong wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:59 pm
JustSomeDude71 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:36 am
No my friend, I’m gay so my spouse is a man, lol
You clearly said "my spouse give to HIS mom our dirty clothes" so it was obvious your spouse is a man. I guess JustSomeDude71 didn't read that line too closely(lol).
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

David_NC wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:35 pm I am envious of many of you that your wife supports your underwear choices. I was in boxer briefs/trunks when I meet my wife with the occasional brief. I had gotten involved with community theater and the costumes are shared thru different plays - while they are cleaned before the current production and after - I wanted to minimize the amount of material that touched my legs and I was able to keep my undershirt tucked into the boxer briefs to make costume changes quick. Then we met and I had been so wrapped up in theater life I hadn't switched back to bikinis. I also wore boxer briefs to help with fertility while we were on the path to have kids because research showed it was best but who truthfully knows. I have since mixed in bikinis and string bikinis with no negative feedback. I wear thongs, my wife just doesn't know about them. I want to include thongs again, maybe not all the time but at least part time -but I am not sure how to start the conversation with her. She doesn't wear thongs and mostly wears full cut briefs, so some of my underwear that she does know about is already skimpier than hers.
Another hesitation of mine which may be better suited for a different post, but sometime my mother-in-law will come to our home and help my wife fold laundry. Granted this hasn't happened in a while, but I feel weird with my mother-in-law folder my underwear and if she saw that I had thongs would be even more weird.
I think I may have the answer to your dilemma about your wife finding out about your thongs. You mentioned being involved with a theatre company before you met her. Why not tell her that your old acting company are getting back together to do a 5 night run of The Full Monty for various charities,and they would like YOU to play the lead role,which is why they've sent you a selection of thongs for you to test to see which one you'd feel most comfortable wearing? I'm sure she'd be flattered that her man has been deemed hot enough to bare almost all in front of an appreciative audience,and would happily give her opinion on which thong you should plump for!