TV shows that show men in bikinis/ leggings

Let's talk about bikinis
JohnnyB

Re: TV shows that show men in bikinis/ leggings

Post by JohnnyB »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:09 pm
Typical that the script would have David Jason's character making fun of the bikini swimwear calling them "pudding bowls on their bums."
Have to agree with you that this is what beachwear ought to be. Thankfully there are still countries where that is still the case. Sadly,the UK isn't one of them.
I noticed Pop Larkin's comment, but I thought it was good natured fun prompted by the fact that the women of the group were clearly admiring what they were looking at!

It amused me that one or two of the actors had tan-lines that showed they normally wore bigger trunks, but some of them didn't seem to have tan-lines at all... I hope that that was because the actors wore (and still wear, I hope) bikinis in real life!
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Do you remember how Burton shops had a special stand alone display for the really sexy thongs and g-strings? I used to feel quite embarrassed looking at them,and would always be looking around to see if anyone was watching me. Then when I plucked up the courage to pick a few,there would be the walk to the counter and the anxious wait to be served. Then you stood while the guy at the till picked up each thong/string to scan,and you hoped he wouldn't say anything,or that a queue hadn't formed behind you with eyes boring into the back of your head as your skimpy purchases were held up for all to see. I still have some of those Burton/Top man thongs in my collection,but they don't get worn these days.
Have to say online shopping has made buying skimpy stuff a lot less stressful,but if by some miracle,bricks and mortar shops started selling those sexy styles again,I wouldn't think twice about checking them out in front of other shoppers.
Might even inspire some guys to give them a try!
I do remember those displays very well indeed - generally near the back, and with so much choice! My nearest Burtons wasn't in my village, so it was always a journey to get there - and, being in a different town, I never worried that I'd know anyone in the shop. That gave the teenage me a devil-may-care attitude, and I never bothered who saw me choosing or which till I went to, or whether anyone saw what I was buying. I'm not saying nothing ever embarrassed me - lot's did and still does - but that never did.

Online shopping does make it much easier, but I do still miss being able to handle the goods and get a feel for shape and size. Like you, if bricks and mortar shops started selling them again, I'd be there like a shot doing my bit to promote the cause and hopefully inspiring others to give it a try!
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

JohnnyB wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:31 am
TANGA TANGA wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Do you remember how Burton shops had a special stand alone display for the really sexy thongs and g-strings? I used to feel quite embarrassed looking at them,and would always be looking around to see if anyone was watching me. Then when I plucked up the courage to pick a few,there would be the walk to the counter and the anxious wait to be served. Then you stood while the guy at the till picked up each thong/string to scan,and you hoped he wouldn't say anything,or that a queue hadn't formed behind you with eyes boring into the back of your head as your skimpy purchases were held up for all to see. I still have some of those Burton/Top man thongs in my collection,but they don't get worn these days.
Have to say online shopping has made buying skimpy stuff a lot less stressful,but if by some miracle,bricks and mortar shops started selling those sexy styles again,I wouldn't think twice about checking them out in front of other shoppers.
Might even inspire some guys to give them a try!
I do remember those displays very well indeed - generally near the back, and with so much choice! My nearest Burtons wasn't in my village, so it was always a journey to get there - and, being in a different town, I never worried that I'd know anyone in the shop. That gave the teenage me a devil-may-care attitude, and I never bothered who saw me choosing or which till I went to, or whether anyone saw what I was buying. I'm not saying nothing ever embarrassed me - lot's did and still does - but that never did.

Online shopping does make it much easier, but I do still miss being able to handle the goods and get a feel for shape and size. Like you, if bricks and mortar shops started selling them again, I'd be there like a shot doing my bit to promote the cause and hopefully inspiring others to give it a try!
I miss the days of going to a physical shop and buying my underwear. Online is convenient and they have a better selection, but there's something about going to an actual Brick & Mortar location and inspecting their wares and picking what you want. Frederick's of Hollywood used to have a shop at the Hulen Shopping Center here in Ft Worth and they sold a small selection of men's bikinis and thongs, that's where I bought my first thong ever. It was white, cotton and had a center seam down the pouch. String sides too. All in all, I bought 4 of those thongs.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

While it isn't a bikini and it is probably meant to embarrass the guy, the Snickers commercial shows a husband in baggy white briefs with first visitors after the pandemic. I try to find the positive, so it at least shows that not all men wear boxer shorts or boxer briefs.

I hope this link works
https://www.shootonline.com/video/o-pos ... ckers-bbdo
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

David_NC wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:16 am While it isn't a bikini and it is probably meant to embarrass the guy, the Snickers commercial shows a husband in baggy white briefs with first visitors after the pandemic. I try to find the positive, so it at least shows that not all men wear boxer shorts or boxer briefs.

I hope this link works
https://www.shootonline.com/video/o-pos ... ckers-bbdo
I bet this rang true with lots of zoom devotees. I would imagine due to the sensitivities of some markets, the choice of underwear was limited. How much funnier would it have been if the guy had been wearing a thong? Whatever, it succeeded in conveying the social faux pas of greeting guests when not conventionally dressed for the occasion.
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

I remember a commercial made back in the 1990s where these women... 3 or 4 women were peeping at a rather athletic-toned man that lived across the street in an adjacent apartment. Apparently his nightly ritual was to walk around in his underwear while they watched him. In the commercial, he was wearing white string bikini briefs, much like the Jockey Elance string bikinis of the 1990s, but with a bit thicker banded sides. They were watching him and saying things like, "oh baby, he's so cute, look at those muscles" etc. and then the commercial ends with one of their friends walking into the man's apartment, kissing him, winking to her friends across the street and walking out of sight... presumably to the bedroom. I don't remember what the commercial was advertising.
stringbikinidude

Post by stringbikinidude »

Typed in '90s beach' on vimeo in hopes of finding some sweet beach clips ....and i was successful. Check out this link: https://vimeo.com/221808246.
28:20 ultimate bikini hunk with his equally hot girlfriend/wife : )
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

I know I've mentioned a programme called Take Me Out before,but tonight there was a one off special featuring people from the emergency services i.e fire,doctors,nurses etc. 30 women had to leave their light on for a chance to go on a date in the sun with 3 guys. A firefighter a doctor and a paramedic. The paramedic was a blond,well built Australian working in London. All the girls kept their light on in the first round,but when he was shown having a bbq with two mates and all three of them were wearing speedos,several girls turned their lights off. When the host asked one of the girls why she turned off,she said she was "scared of speedos!" How ridiculous is that? When the guy eventually picked a girl for the date,he was shown in his hotel room ironing his clothes dressed only in a blue speedo,and at the end of the date he stripped off and posed for the girl in that speedo. I suppose being Australian he was comfortable wearing budgie smugglers,but it is very unusual for any of the guys on that show to wear speedos,even though most of the girls tend to wear very skimpy bikinis often with a thong bottom half. They seem to be encouraged to bare the flesh,but the guys almost always wear swim shorts that don't show anything.
CrossfiThong

Post by CrossfiThong »

Hello Tanga Tanga, i thong this is the show you are talking about and this is the episode.
Check around min 4

https://youtu.be/71hlAWF_w14
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

CrossfiThong wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:56 am Hello Tanga Tanga, i thong this is the show you are talking about and this is the episode.
Check around min 4

https://youtu.be/71hlAWF_w14
Well done in finding this episode of the Take Me Out show. This isn't the one with the paramedic which I commented on recently,but I did post a comment about the annoying blond in this one some time ago and how she reacted so negatively towards her date's speedos. I believe he was of Greek origin and wearing a speedo was perfectly normal to him.