Purchase Your First Bikini: When? What? Where?

Let's talk about bikinis
JohnnyB

Re: Purchase Your First Bikini: When? What? Where?

Post by JohnnyB »

Thanks Tanga Tanga - I've not read that blog post yet... I'll go and read it next. I started reading the posts by going back to the beginning and work forwards, and haven't made it to present day yet, but that's my task over breakfast today!
DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

they no longer sell the Gigolo
And unfortunately Kiniki have no plans to reintroduce it. See the Thong Talk post re the Kiniki Gigolo.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

JohnnyB wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:56 am Thanks Tanga Tanga - I've not read that blog post yet... I'll go and read it next. I started reading the posts by going back to the beginning and work forwards, and haven't made it to present day yet, but that's my task over breakfast today!
Nate started the blog in 2014 and the forum in 2018,so you have a lot of reading to catch up on(lol). I hope you'll agree that he's done an amazing job at keeping it going and has covered just about every topic imaginable within the confines of the subject matter.
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

DownUnder wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:07 am
they no longer sell the Gigolo
And unfortunately Kiniki have no plans to reintroduce it. See the Thong Talk post re the Kiniki Gigolo.
More fools them! The Gigolo really was/is a nice g-string - and in nylon was versatile enough (IMHO) as under- or outer-wear. The whole company seems to have lost its way.
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:20 am
Nate started the blog in 2014 and the forum in 2018,so you have a lot of reading to catch up on(lol). I hope you'll agree that he's done an amazing job at keeping it going and has covered just about every topic imaginable within the confines of the subject matter.
Yes! I wholeheartedly agree that he's done a fantastic job - and he has the perfect balance of interesting articles on his blog and some of the nicest people posting there and here on this forum. His rules about not posting photos in here and also requiring people to join to be able to post seem to be a winning formula.

It feels like I've come home!
outside_time

Post by outside_time »

My first bikini...well, I'm going to date myself on my very first post. Assuming the traditional Speedo isn't what we're talking about, I was wearing those for years, but I was 17, bought a Bravos brand bikini underwear at Montgomery Wards. It was an ugly yellow, but there wasn't much selection. I was nervous has anything, but paid cash and dashed home to put it on. I eventually bought another one, an ugly brown.

Here's a catalog page, it was the one on the right:
https://i.ibb.co/rtPzxS4/bravos.jpg
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

outside_time wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:11 am My first bikini...well, I'm going to date myself on my very first post. Assuming the traditional Speedo isn't what we're talking about, I was wearing those for years, but I was 17, bought a Bravos brand bikini underwear at Montgomery Wards. It was an ugly yellow, but there wasn't much selection. I was nervous has anything, but paid cash and dashed home to put it on. I eventually bought another one, an ugly brown.

Here's a catalog page, it was the one on the right:
https://i.ibb.co/rtPzxS4/bravos.jpg
Hi Outside Time. Just want to welcome you to the blog and forum. Thanks for posting a few of your own experiences,and hopefully you will enjoy catching up on the many topics covered here and on the main TBD blog.
schwammy

Post by schwammy »

I 'inherited' a couple pairs of bikini underwear when I was 12 or 13 from someone who'd bought them but didn't want them. When I wore them it made me feel sexy. I used to put on a pair and then climb out of my bedroom window and sit on the roof of our house in hopes someone would see me (though to my knowledge, no one ever did). Beginning of many years of being a bikini exhibitionist!
JR_TWO

Post by JR_TWO »

My first bikini was the jockey elance. I purchased them from the herbergers store. I started wearing these bikinis in my mid twenties . I always wanted to try them sooner , I guess it was a mixture of being shy and living in a smaller town with not a lot shopping options. It then slowly progressed to the Hanes and Jockey string bikinis.
blkmlthng

Post by blkmlthng »

My first bikini purchase was 20 years ago at TJ Max. It was during my first year in college, I had just turned 18 and was buying my own underwear for the first time. It was a Calvin Klein grey Sports string bikini. I actually still have it and wear it from time to time. It has held up well and is still in decent shape. This purchase started my love of men’s string bikini underwear that evolved to different brands and are one of my favorite underwear styles to date.