For the Parents, Thongs at Home

Let's talk about thongs
Mrthong

For the Parents, Thongs at Home

Post by Mrthong »

Hi everyone! New here and relatively new to thongs, just started a year ago. I wear them almost every day!

My question is aimed at the dads in this forum. My wife and I are hoping to have kids soon and I have been thinking about my underwear choice in front of my kids at home. I know up to a certain age there would be an age cut off for it being acceptable to be in my underwear in the mornings if we were to have a girl vs boy.

If I were just wearing boxers or boxer briefs like I had been doing, I wouldn't even be thinking about it. However, since thongs are more revealing, I think there is a certain attitude that they are a sexier/ naughtier piece of clothing which makes me think that it may be inappropriate to wear when boxers would not. While I do feel sexier when wearing them, my main reason is comfort especially during the hot summer months. What are your thoughts? To me it is just underwear like boxers, but it is just barely a step above being nude.

Only my wife and possibly one of her friends knows I wear them, so I'm not open about it (although I want to get over the stigma).
TANGA TANGA

Re: For the Parents, Thongs at Home

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Welcome to the forum. There are dads on here who will give you great advice based on their own experiences with their kids and how they adapted their underwear and sleepwear depending on the age of their children. There is a school of thought that if children see their parents wearing thongs etc at a young enough age, then they are less likely to have hang ups about their bodies when they're older. I remember one member telling how his pre school child came into his room when he was changing his trousers and seeing his thonged butt, gave it a smack and ran out the room quite the thing.At least you will have several years after becoming a dad to worry about wearing thongs(lol).
rjthongs

Post by rjthongs »

As a thong wearing Dad -
Thongs have been the underwear that I've worn 99% of the time since my kids were very young. (They are now in graduate school.) While they probably did not see me when I was changing clothes very often, they have seen my thong underwear in the laundry, on the drying rack, and me just wearing them under my clothes when my underwear slips above my shorts, trousers, etc. I am sure they just saw that as Dad's underwear and it was never a big deal. I don't think it would have been any different than if I wore briefs/boxer briefs.
Mrthong

Post by Mrthong »

Tanga tanga,
I know it's a ways off but this past year of wearing thongs has made me never want to go back. Haha

Rjthongs,
I haven't given much thought to the laundry aspect of it, but that's a good point. I'm sure they would comment or question the same if they saw me wearing vs just in the laundry. My main hope is exactly that, it is just another pair of underwear and doesn't matter.

I sleep in the nude and wander out in the mornings to light a fire in the winter or just make coffee and spend the first part of the mornings in just my underwear. This along with camping/hunting trips or heading to the hot springs, I'm expecting a fair amount of time dressing/ changing. Obviously no more nude mornings or evenings around the house haha.
oldermuscledude

Post by oldermuscledude »

Mrthong wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:39 pm Hi everyone! New here and relatively new to thongs, just started a year ago. I wear them almost every day!

My question is aimed at the dads in this forum. My wife and I are hoping to have kids soon and I have been thinking about my underwear choice in front of my kids at home. I know up to a certain age there would be an age cut off for it being acceptable to be in my underwear in the mornings if we were to have a girl vs boy.

If I were just wearing boxers or boxer briefs like I had been doing, I wouldn't even be thinking about it. However, since thongs are more revealing, I think there is a certain attitude that they are a sexier/ naughtier piece of clothing which makes me think that it may be inappropriate to wear when boxers would not. While I do feel sexier when wearing them, my main reason is comfort especially during the hot summer months. What are your thoughts? To me it is just underwear like boxers, but it is just barely a step above being nude.

Only my wife and possibly one of her friends knows I wear them, so I'm not open about it (although I want to get over the stigma).

I sleep in the nude and wander out in the mornings to light a fire in the winter or just make coffee and spend the first part of the mornings in just my underwear. This along with camping/hunting trips or heading to the hot springs, I'm expecting a fair amount of time dressing/ changing. Obviously no more nude mornings or evenings around the house haha.
First of all, congrats on making the switch to thongs! I hope you will get over the stigma of wearing them soon! You are correct that although you do feel sexier when you wear them, one of the main reasons for wearing them is comfort! I couldn't agree with you more on this! And like you, I also sleep in the nude (have ever since we got married almost 41 years ago) and can't imagine having to switch to sleeping in just about anything...I like the freedom that sleeping in the nude provides!

We have two children (both boys) who are now in their mid-thirties, and I have been wearing thongs (as well as skimpy speedo swimwear) since before they were born, however--my wife isn't the biggest fan of thongs so as a result I wasn't ever able to wear them in the presence of my boys, except when they were very, very young. I couldn't be nude around the house after our boys were born, either, because my wife thought that was 'inappropriate.' But, like you, since the boys have been out of the house, I've been able to have that nude time in the mornings and sometimes in the evenings....I retired a year before my wife did and most of the days I was at home while she was still working I'd likely be nude. Again, I like the freedom that it brings, and I'm comfortable in my own nudity.

I read your statement about their being a certain attitude that thongs are a sexier, naughtier item of clothing that could be inappropriate to wear. That may be true in the United States and maybe in the UK, where attitudes towards skimpy underwear seem to be way more 'prudish' than it is in many other parts of the world. If you think about people who live in Africa, South America, the Pacific Islands and many Asian countries, thongs (or something similar) are an accepted item of clothing for men and boys.

Attitudes are something that have to be taught, I think. My 4-year-old granddaughter (who we babysit 4 days/week) walked in on me a couple of times when I was changing clothes after going to the gym, and she caught me nude both times. Her only comment was that my 'bump' was bigger than her baby brother's...she didn't seem bothered by my being nude at all. I don't think little kids are sophisticated enough to have an attitude that a thong is a sexy/naughty item of clothing to wear. Little kids learn this because the adults in their world tell them that it is...and that's probably that adult's perception of things (which, again, was passed on to them by the adults in their world when they were kids).

We are all (unfortunately) taught from an early age that nudity is wrong, especially in front of other people--lots of folks seem to think that nudity always equals and infers sex, and that's simply not true. I have friends who are naturists (similar to nudists) who have practiced nudity at home and in front of their own children and those children have grown up being comfortable in their own skin and comfortable around other nude people....The same thing might have worked for men who want to be seen always wearing thongs around the house--I think that their kids would probably have come to the conclusion that thongs were just another form of underwear and nothing more.

Sorry for the long rambling note...thanks for taking the time to read it!
swimmer78

Post by swimmer78 »

Thong and bikini wearing dad here! I have a son (6) and daughter (9). Both know dad wears skimpy underwear but don't really care or say anything about it. I guess they just see it as natural for me. I don't think they see it as naughty or sexy. It's just dads underwear. I do try to be more discrete around my daughter as she gets older, but she has seen me before both nude and in thong underwear. With my son I have no qualms about him being around me in any state of undress. There is nothing inappropriate or sexual, its just a body. I sleep either in a thong or nude but don't go out of the way to walk around the house when they're up and about. I might grab a cup of coffee in the kitchen while wearing thong underwear before they get up. I want them both to see me being comfortable in my skin and hopefully they will be too. They have also seen me wearing swim briefs to the pool and beach since they were tiny. I want to model confidence and being comfortable with my body so they will be also with theirs and not associate their bodies with shame. I think its healthy for children to see what a real body looks like and not the "perfect" bodies we see portrayed in media.
CrossfiThong

Post by CrossfiThong »

This is a very interesting topic,

And I am actually having kids in couple years and I have the same question as you. In my case I wanna do the same as swimmer78, I just want to influence my children to feel confortable in their own skin and I will still wearing my underwear as always, I don't have a habit of walk around in my home wearing only underwear, so I am not concern about that. my real challenge is going to be when I wear thong at the beach or pool, but I am sure I will wear either bikini or thong, at that point, I am sure my kids are going to be very familiar that dad wears those tiny swimsuits and it won't become a problem.

also, as a Mexican, bikinis in mexico are very common and I remember my uncle and my dad sleeping in their underwear, (my dad in his tighty whities and my uncle in his red cotton bikini) and I think that thanks to that I feel confortable sleeping wearing underwear, it makes me feels, masculine.
So, feel confortable wearing your thongs and speedo if you want, I think your kids are not going to put as much attention as you are doing rn.
Mrthong

Post by Mrthong »

I appreciate all the thought out replies. The consensus seems to be exactly what I was thinking. It reminds me of what my mother used to tell me when I was really young and concerned about someone seeing my in my underwear (such as changing in the car at the beach). She pointed out that there wasn't much of a difference between swimwear and underwear (as well as the fact that nobody cares either). Why would I be ok wearing my speedo jammers on the swim team in front of hundreds of people but be embarrassed in my boxers from a passerby? Needless to say, she was right, it doesn't matter and people don't care. This was especially true in college as I would come to find out haha.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

CrossfiThong wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:27 pm This is a very interesting topic,

And I am actually having kids in couple years and I have the same question as you. In my case I wanna do the same as swimmer78, I just want to influence my children to feel confortable in their own skin and I will still wearing my underwear as always, I don't have a habit of walk around in my home wearing only underwear, so I am not concern about that. my real challenge is going to be when I wear thong at the beach or pool, but I am sure I will wear either bikini or thong, at that point, I am sure my kids are going to be very familiar that dad wears those tiny swimsuits and it won't become a problem.

also, as a Mexican, bikinis in mexico are very common and I remember my uncle and my dad sleeping in their underwear, (my dad in his tighty whities and my uncle in his red cotton bikini) and I think that thanks to that I feel confortable sleeping wearing underwear, it makes me feels, masculine.
So, feel confortable wearing your thongs and speedo if you want, I think your kids are not going to put as much attention as you are doing rn.
CrossfiThong - you comment made me look back at my IG - - I follow another thonger on there, he has pictures with his daughter and he is in either a skimpy bikini or thong and they are the most "normal" pictures. I think he is also of Hispanic decent.
swimmer78

Post by swimmer78 »

Mrthong wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:24 pm I appreciate all the thought out replies. The consensus seems to be exactly what I was thinking. It reminds me of what my mother used to tell me when I was really young and concerned about someone seeing my in my underwear (such as changing in the car at the beach). She pointed out that there wasn't much of a difference between swimwear and underwear (as well as the fact that nobody cares either). Why would I be ok wearing my speedo jammers on the swim team in front of hundreds of people but be embarrassed in my boxers from a passerby? Needless to say, she was right, it doesn't matter and people don't care. This was especially true in college as I would come to find out haha.
You are welcome! This is a great topic. There's one thought I forgot to mention in my previous post and that is modeling a healthy, non-toxic masculinity to my son. That is by being comfortable in my masculinity and confidently wearing thongs, bikinis, and speedos, I can be a positive influence to show him he that one day he can also "be his own man". I can show by wearing these styles I enjoy and that our culture mostly labels as unmasculine, effeminate, or wrongly as "gay", will not degrade your masculinity or determine your sexuality. I don't know if he will take after my style but it cant hurt having a male role model who is secure in himself and doesn't look to conform to what society says "real men" do or don't do. Now, obviously there's a lot more to modeling positive, non-toxic masculinity than underwear or swimwear choices, but I do think its key.