How did you discover men’s thongs?

Let's talk about thongs
ThongBum

How did you discover men’s thongs?

Post by ThongBum »

I never actually knew thongs were available for men until I was a teenager. Of course I knew women wore them, so one day I looked up “mens thong” on the internet out of curiosity. Then I found out my local K-Mart store sold them.
oldermuscledude

Re: How did you discover men’s thongs?

Post by oldermuscledude »

I saw them first at K-Mart too...the Joe Boxer ones, of course. Even as a young teenager I had a fetish for skimpy men's underwear--jockstrsps, bikinis and thongs- but back in the 1970s there wasn't an internet to surf, so we had to buy them in stores. In the 1980s you started seeing more men's thongs in more stores (and catalogs sometimes) so it was easier to buy them.
Guitar T

Post by Guitar T »

I’m not sure how I discovered thongs for men exactly. Here are a few of my memories. I remember as a young teen I took a family trip to Florida’s and was wandering around one of those beach/swimwear shops. I spotter a rack of men’s bikini style swim briefs and went over to check them out. I had already been only a bikini guy so new colors or designs always attracted my attention. To my surprise there was a rack of thongs. I really wanted one but knew I couldn’t get away with buying one with my parents around. By this time I had already been pulling the back of my suit in to expose as much as I could of my cheeks. Fast forward a couple years and two things occurred. One, Fredericks of Hollywood had some brick and mortar stores. They used to carry a small selection of men’s underwear. Well, my girlfriend at the time pulled me in one day and made sure we did it leave without a couple thongs for me to wear. Two, Macy’s and the Speedo store started selling thong swimwear. Of course I only discovered a Speedo store as they were closing up and shutting them all down. Then I had to have a few of the Speedo thongs. I bought them on clearance. After that I was in Clearwater, Florida and discovered Skinz. I went crazy in their shop, spent a bunch of money and never looked back. Since then I have been a customer of Skinz and now many other great manufacturers of thongs for men.
rjthongs

Post by rjthongs »

Started with Joe Boxer thongs from K-Mart.
CrossfiThong

Post by CrossfiThong »

This topic is amazing,
I grew up in Mexico so I discovered them in Mexico.
In a supermarket I was wondering around the underwear section, I always admired the tanga brief (sport underwear that is a brief that just covers the front and the back with the sides uncover with only the elastic band, you know what I am talking about), until I saw a Joe Snyder bikini, very tiny bikini, and I started looking around and I saw a thong, and I couldn't believe it. Because I was shopping with my parents I couldn't ask them to buy me one, so I came back to buy one and It was amazing, I worn them in Highschool and I got this feeling of being seem, like people could guess what I was wearing.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

I saw the Joe Boxer thong at K-Mart when I was around 15, but didn't feel I could ask my parents for one. My mom did buy my first string bikini (tanga) when I was 13 so she probably would have bought it but the thong seemed more embarrassing for a 15 year old in my mind at the time. It wasn't until I was 18, making my own money and was at a shopping center 30 minutes from home where no one would know me that I bought two Jockey 100% cotton thongs - they were not the best design (but I still have both). Later I did finally get my Joe Boxers from K-Mart (I still have them also); then finally was able to get a CK thong when I was 19, still 100% cotton (I still have it also). Then came Undergear - they were a wonderful company to order from. The was 22 years ago in the late 90s, so in little NC thongs were not easy to find in store.
ThongGuy

Post by ThongGuy »

Growing up as a teenager in the 90s, if you saw a Frederick's Of Hollywood catalog you saw thongs being marketed to men and women equally, so it was out there just off the mainstream (as thongs generally were at the time). Looking at the music magazines like Hit Parader or hair metal music albums, you saw the bands and all their groupies at pools wearing bikini/speedo/thongs, so it was there in front of me all the time. Then a little later you come into possession of some VHS pr0n tapes and you'd see all the male and female with thong tan lines. Since it was always in front of me, it was never unusual- it actually seemed normal.

And because I saw these people who were all successful, good looking, hooking up with beautiful women, and they all wore skimpy underwear/swimwear and liked how it looked, that's what drove me in that direction.

...and then about 5 minutes later all that collapsed and guys were wearing oversized boxers pulled high around their waist and 5x baggy jeans around their knees and all of a sudden, it was like the world forgot that men wearing thongs ever happened.
Thongwearer

Post by Thongwearer »

Similar to before, I was in a Kmart and saw the Joe boxer thongs. I had been wearing some briefs but was mainly wearing boxers at the time. I don’t know what it was about them, but I got them and tried them on.

I knew once I put them on I was hooked and they were amazing. I currently own about 20 Joe boxer thongs and still like them today.

I have gotten others since then. But that’s how I first got into thong underwear.
Pennbikini

Post by Pennbikini »

I might have mentioned this elsewhere, but I discovered them by accident. I can't remember now if they were Joe Boxer or UX from Target...but I was shopping and I picked up two packs of what I thought were string bikinis...one was actually thongs. I was in grad school and this would have been like 1999 or so, I think. I didn't discover until I got back to my apartment, and they were the right size so I decided to try them. I have worn them regularly ever since. Still not as often as string bikinis, but regularly enough!
GenX_MCMLXXI

Post by GenX_MCMLXXI »

I first discovered them at K-Mart in the menswear section. Brüt, and Joe Boxer were the first thongs I wore. Also, Back when Frederick's of Hollywood had brick and mortar stores, they had a small selection of men's thongs and G-strings.