Wearing a swim thong in public…

Swim briefs, bikinis, thongs, and square-cuts. A place to discuss swimwear against the norm.
ThongBum

Wearing a swim thong in public…

Post by ThongBum »

I haven’t gathered the courage to do it yet. I own a few swim thongs and even just ordered a new one from Cocksox. But I’ve never worn them in public. Just as underwear or for tanning in a tanning bed or booth.

I started out wearing swim briefs as a kid, then switched to board shorts after getting made fun of at the beach when I was about 13 or 14. That was not a pleasant experience, especially at that age.

And the quietest local beach doesn’t allow thongs so that complicates things.
ThongGuy

Re: Wearing a swim thong in public…

Post by ThongGuy »

I've only worn a thong in public once- yeah... that takes some courage. I've been wearing speedo styles for nearly 20 years in public, and only once have I ever gone that far.

The beach I go to has a more private stretch of land off the sand beach for fishing so its away from the families and kids and much less traveled so that's where I did it. My GF was with me so that also made me feel more comfortable.
Microbikiniman

Post by Microbikiniman »

ThongGuy, it sounds like your GF is supportive of your choice! Does she like to wear string bikinis or thongs, too? If she does, you can be the confident "Hot Couple" at the beach :P AND set a good example for other couples who might want to give microwear a try! (Brings back fond memories of a "HOT Couple" I delighted in seeing in Key West in 1982. Both the lady and gentleman were fit and tanned, and their low-down black string bikinis made dental floss look like rope in comparison! :shock: )
Guitar T

Post by Guitar T »

It does take some courage to wear a thong in public the first few times. It sounds like you have a good place to get comfortable at a mostly secluded area. It becomes easier to wear a thong at a beach as your confidence grows. It helps to have a partner that is supportive. I know I always enjoy wearing a thong on a beach when I have a supportive woman with me. I also find that I get less “looks” and more acceptance from other beach goers when I am accompanied.

Now days I wear a thong as my standard swimsuit. I was out the past two afternoons by myself after work at one of my local beaches with no issues. I had two women with children set up no more than 20 meters from me on the first day. They never batted an eye about my thong.
ThongGuy

Post by ThongGuy »

Microbikiniman wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:51 am ThongGuy, it sounds like your GF is supportive of your choice! Does she like to wear string bikinis or thongs, too? If she does, you can be the confident "Hot Couple" at the beach :P AND set a good example for other couples who might want to give microwear a try! (Brings back fond memories of a "HOT Couple" I delighted in seeing in Key West in 1982. Both the lady and gentleman were fit and tanned, and their low-down black string bikinis made dental floss look like rope in comparison! :shock: )
She is 100% onboard with me doing it, but she is definitely NOT one to ever wear thongs. I bought her her first pairs of thong panties and she'll only wear them on special occasions. I've tried to get her to wear a thong bikini many times without success.
CrossfiThong

Post by CrossfiThong »

I have worn thong at the beach and it gets easier to do it but always is some nervousness in my head.
But now i just do it, even in the pool of my complex where I live, obviously people are going to notice you but if you mind your own business no doing anything sexual, you will feel more confident that you're not there to be provocative, just you like to wear a thong and if people can deal with it, just say, "you have the right to not look at me".

But please, do it, don't hesitate your desire just because someone can make you feel bad about what you like to wear.

Just be aware that some people may don't like it.
ralange

Post by ralange »

ThongBum wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:31 am I haven’t gathered the courage to do it yet. I own a few swim thongs and even just ordered a new one from Cocksox. But I’ve never worn them in public. Just as underwear or for tanning in a tanning bed or booth.

I started out wearing swim briefs as a kid, then switched to board shorts after getting made fun of at the beach when I was about 13 or 14. That was not a pleasant experience, especially at that age.

As the others said in their replies it gets easier every time you wear one. Just today I was done with work early so I headed to the local state park beach. Thongs are legal in Michigan at the state parks. The beach is quite long and most people setup off the main parking lot. The left side of the beach is a long walk down a hill from an upper parking lot.
Getting back to my story about this afternoon. I got to beach around 12:30 and setup far to the left end of the beach after awhile I could hear people coming down the hill. A couple of teen boys and their parents. I was wearing a black thong from Skinzwear. The boys went to the left of and the dad said no come this way, then I heard the women say oh look at that, you don't see that everyday. I just chuckled to myself thinking yeah you are right. They still setup only a few yards from me.

I haven't had any issues at this park or the ones in Ohio.
But still get butterflies once in awhile wearing thongs but it's get easier all the time, this is my second season wearing thongs.
Keep working at it.
flbeachnative1976

Post by flbeachnative1976 »

I wore a thong for the first time on a public beach on a dare. Luckily I was with a friend that did the same, which made it a little easier. However, the first time I wore a thong to the beach by myself was nerve-wracking. But, I did my homework and went to a thong friendly beach (since they are banned on some beaches here in Florida) and seeing others in thong made it easier. It does get easier each time.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

ralange wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:57 pm
ThongBum wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:31 am I haven’t gathered the courage to do it yet. I own a few swim thongs and even just ordered a new one from Cocksox. But I’ve never worn them in public. Just as underwear or for tanning in a tanning bed or booth.

As the others said in their replies it gets easier every time you wear one. Just today I was done with work early so I headed to the local state park beach. Thongs are legal in Michigan at the state parks. The beach is quite long and most people setup off the main parking lot. The left side of the beach is a long walk down a hill from an upper parking lot.
Getting back to my story about this afternoon. I got to beach around 12:30 and setup far to the left end of the beach after awhile I could hear people coming down the hill. A couple of teen boys and their parents. I was wearing a black thong from Skinzwear. The boys went to the left of and the dad said no come this way, then I heard the women say oh look at that, you don't see that everyday. I just chuckled to myself thinking yeah you are right. They still setup only a few yards from me.

But still get butterflies once in awhile wearing thongs but it's get easier all the time, this is my second season wearing thongs.
Keep working at it.
I'm guessing the dad and his two sons were wearing dork shorts, but I hope I'm wrong? lol
ralange

Post by ralange »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:55 am
ralange wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:57 pm

Keep working at it.
I'm guessing the dad and his two sons were wearing dork shorts, but I hope I'm wrong? lol
Yes they were.🤣
Last edited by ralange on Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.