Kiniki - great stuff.

Write your own review of bikinis you own.
outside_time

Kiniki - great stuff.

Post by outside_time »

I just ordered several items from Kiniki. I just wanted to report how fantastic they are and how helpful the company is.

I messed up on my order, totally my fault, and they were able to help me correct it quickly and easily. Their customer support was personable, fast, and effective.

The quality of their suits is superb. The materials are first-rate. And the prices are more than fair, and sizing is right on the nose. Shipping was fast for UK to USA, about 10 days (not next-day, but not six weeks either). This is a pleasure, after having attempted to deal with some sellers in the Orient. Quite a contrast.

If I had anything to wish for, it would be for a wider variety of solid non-tan-through colors, and a thong that is...well, just smaller everywhere. Small points, great company, I don't get impressed easily, and these guys did it.

Their Cuba Swim Tanga suit is wonderful. Might just be this summer's favorite bikini!
https://www.kiniki.com/collections/mens ... 3410908437
TANGA TANGA

Re: Kiniki - great stuff.

Post by TANGA TANGA »

outside_time wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:58 pm I just ordered several items from Kiniki. I just wanted to report how fantastic they are and how helpful the company is.

I messed up on my order, totally my fault, and they were able to help me correct it quickly and easily. Their customer support was personable, fast, and effective.

The quality of their suits is superb. The materials are first-rate. And the prices are more than fair, and sizing is right on the nose. Shipping was fast for UK to USA, about 10 days (not next-day, but not six weeks either). This is a pleasure, after having attempted to deal with some sellers in the Orient. Quite a contrast.

If I had anything to wish for, it would be for a wider variety of solid non-tan-through colors, and a thong that is...well, just smaller everywhere. Small points, great company, I don't get impressed easily, and these guys did it.

Their Cuba Swim Tanga suit is wonderful. Might just be this summer's favorite bikini!
Great to read such a positive review for a UK underwear/swimwear manufacturer that I became almost obsessed with when I discovered their glossy catalogues over 40 years ago. Kiniki always had a great customer service back then and it's good to know that hasn't changed. Before online shopping became popular, I would phone in my order which was always dealt with quickly with no fuss. I only fell away from them when they discontinued some of my favourite styles and introduced more conservative garments. Have to say the quality of their garments was always of a high standard and didn't cost anything near what better known brands were charging. They also had regular sales and special deals where if you spent x amount you would get extra garments free.
RespectTheKini

Post by RespectTheKini »

Glad to see Kiniki is still doing good stuff. I've worn out my Harry's and they still are comfy as heck. If I'm not mistaken I had a pair go missing one time (never delivered) and I believed they doubled my order or did prio shipping or something like that. Can't remember but it was cool of them. That tanga I may have to get. Kiniki is OG.
londondan

Post by londondan »

I'm a massive fan of Kiniki too and have been a customer for many years. Their bikini briefs are my go to underwear (Harry, Gentsmart and Wonderbrief). Great fit and quality. I just wish they made a cotton thong in the same style (they used to anyway).

They've improved their non tan-through swimwear range in the last year or two. I've got the Brazil and Eden but want to try the more skimpier Andre and Cuba too. Their swim thongs don't seem to be very popular with other thong wearers but I really like the wider cut they do and are perfect for the beach.

It's amazing to look back at their older catalogs from the 80/90's and see the amazing range of different cuts and colours for men. Even so, we're really lucky they are still going as a company.

Always happy to chat to other Kiniki enthusiasts!
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

londondan wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:32 am I'm a massive fan of Kiniki too and have been a customer for many years. Their bikini briefs are my go to underwear (Harry, Gentsmart and Wonderbrief). Great fit and quality. I just wish they made a cotton thong in the same style (they used to anyway).

They've improved their non tan-through swimwear range in the last year or two. I've got the Brazil and Eden but want to try the more skimpier Andre and Cuba too. Their swim thongs don't seem to be very popular with other thong wearers but I really like the wider cut they do and are perfect for the beach.

It's amazing to look back at their older catalogs from the 80/90's and see the amazing range of different cuts and colours for men. Even so, we're really lucky they are still going as a company.

I kept many of their catalogues for years until I had a mass clearout and binned them all. Would have been good to go back through them to see the styles and prices. Obviously this was pre online days when their catalogues were regular visitors to my letterbox.
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

I love Kiniki! They make something for every taste, not like many other manufacturers, who offer briefs, bikinis, string bikinis, g-strings and thongs for women, but only one choice for men... boring boxer briefs.
I like that Kiniki also makes big & tall sizes for men, whereas clothiers others stop at 38" or 40" waist (96-101 cm).
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

outside_time wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:58 pm I just ordered several items from Kiniki. I just wanted to report how fantastic they are and how helpful the company is.

I'm disappointed that Kiniki only offers this no larger than 38" (96cm) so I cannot wear this particular tanga! :oops:
Last edited by JustSomeDude71 on Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

JustSomeDude71 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:29 pm

I'm disappointed that Kiniki only offers this as big as 38" (96cm) so I cannot wear this particular tanga! :oops:
I had the Cuba Swim Tanga in white but didn't like how the pouch totally squished everything. Gave it to a friend who loved it.
londondan

Post by londondan »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:52 am
londondan wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:32 am I'm a massive fan of Kiniki too and have been a customer for many years. Their bikini briefs are my go to underwear (Harry, Gentsmart and Wonderbrief). Great fit and quality. I just wish they made a cotton thong in the same style (they used to anyway).

I kept many of their catalogues for years until I had a mass clearout and binned them all. Would have been good to go back through them to see the styles and prices. Obviously this was pre online days when their catalogues were regular visitors to my letterbox.
That's a shame. I have a couple of their older catalogues from the 90's I think and fun to look back on the styles. Some of them are still going but they had such a range and variety back in the day. Happy to share scans if interested.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

londondan wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:52 am
TANGA TANGA wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:52 am

That's a shame. I have a couple of their older catalogues from the 90's I think and fun to look back on the styles. Some of them are still going but they had such a range and variety back in the day. Happy to share scans if interested.
Thanks for the kind offer of the scans, but I'll survive without revisiting my youth(lol).I know in later years they reduced the amount of models they used and had one guy doing it all. Curious to know if you ever spotted their underwear in regular shops? I was always under the impression that you could only buy direct from their factory, which at that time, if memory serves me correctly, was in Newcastle. However, I remember one time I was up in Perth and drove by a small menswear shop that had a Kiniki display in the window. I was so surprised, I had to stop and go check out the window. Don't know why I didn't go in and ask about it(probably pushed for time as I was working), but I thought perhaps the owner was ordering quantities from the Kiniki site and was selling them on at a higher price? Perhaps other forum members will get in touch if they saw Kiniki in shops?