What's your comfort level?

Let's talk about bikinis
Lonestar

Re: What's your comfort level?

Post by Lonestar »

I started wearing speedo type suits when I was a teenager, so my friends and family are used to it at this point. If I’m in a more private situation, I prefer to wear a thong when possible.
I took the plunge and tried wearing my thong on the beach. It was a great experience, to be so comfortable when swimming. It attracts a lot more attention than a speedo. But without kids around, I felt comfortable.
tony_sucks

Post by tony_sucks »

When I first started wearing speedos to the beach, I would wear my high school speedos, which had sides that were about 2.5-3". Then I moved on to Speedo 1" Solars up until 4 years ago when I found better and smaller speedos.
Obviously theres always a time and place for them. I usually scan the area before I decide its okay to wear one. If its too family friendly, I go with something that has above 3" sides like boxer-brief-style speedos or short shorts (not board shorts). If its mixed vibes, I go with my 1" Solar Speedos or something similar; i noticed that this style is considered okay as far as I've experienced. I realized that people don't really care if you're wearing a speedo if you just behave modestly and don't try your hardest to grab others attention by acting erratically (as I've witnessed before). Just act like everyone else does and nobody will really care.

I haven't worn a thong to the beach yet but I probably will this upcoming summer. This past year I did go fully nude at the beach. It wasn't secluded. I got the full body tan I wanted to get for a long time. As great as it felt, I don't think i'll be doing that again any time soon. Being naked at the beach was great, but I feel that wearing one of my speedos enhances the way I look (the main reason for wearing them in the first place) and it still gives me that feeling of being fully naked at the beach. So I'll be sticking to speedos from now on.
Bikenswim

Post by Bikenswim »

I wear various skimpy speedos and thongs at the beach, with narrow side straps at different heights, so I end up with a full body tan anyway. I don't want to burn my privates either.
thong man

Post by thong man »

My comfort level depends on where we are,
Local sports pool Ergowear x4d brief perfect for laps

Busy hotel pool, Joe Snyder bulge half back brief
Quite hotel pool, thong, or maybe G-String

Busy beach , Joe Snyder bulge thong or Olaf Benz thong

Quite beach like on Fuerteventura , they are so laid back
Anything goes 99% time it’s a g-string , favourite ones from Boystring, tangaland24, love transparent ones when wearing a cock ring, sometimes open front G -string , the riskier the string the more comfortable I feel ! . One way to get more comfortable is to walk away from where you have been sitting on the beach with a small waterproof bag for valuables and only wearing a G-String, after a mile you quickly become aware you are fully committed to wearing a string . The other important thing to do is never take a “safety “ pair of trunks to the beach otherwise you will never take them off
collegeboi765

Post by collegeboi765 »

my comfort level is anything and everything. from speedos to g-strings, i'll wear it all and anywhere that's allowed. I just wish they were more accepted in public areas
mrrigid

Post by mrrigid »

thong man wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:12 am One way to get more comfortable is to walk away from where you have been sitting on the beach with a small waterproof bag for valuables and only wearing a G-String, after a mile you quickly become aware you are fully committed to wearing a string .
Yes, this is critically important to building up your exposure confidence - Walk Away From Your Clothes!
As I say - you won't know a bikini is all you need until a bikini is all you have!

My Comfort levels:
Swim bikini - 3" class - at the ocean or pool; with an open hawaiian shirt on at the beach bar!
(Maybe with the shirt closed on the ice cream line with kids!)

Sporti Euro/Speedo Solar 1" at the co-ed thermal spa on a cruise!

Looking forward to a thong at Lighthouse beach this summer! (Should be easy since I've been there nude!)
Aberman

Post by Aberman »

I like to push my comfort level a bit here in uk pools . I would not wear a thong here although girls do . But I do tend towards fairly narrow sides . My latest style is about 1.5 cm from modus vivendi the smaller 1 cm side is just too tanga like for me at the moment . In Europe it’s a different story and I go smaller still . It brings me to another question … how many pairs do you take to the pool or do you decide before you go what you will wear . I sometimes take about three pairs of varying conservatism in case I just don’t feel like it . Other times I will leave myself with no option !
Aberman

Post by Aberman »

I rather like to take one brief skimpy pair of swimwear to the pool and also a pair of board shorts ! Seeing the two in contrast against one another is kind of nice and 4/5 times I will don the skimpy pair . Very occasionally I will put on the board shorts for three reasons . Occasionally I just want to swim without thinking of my swimwear choice , secondly I quite like to wear conventional sometimes so I don’t become “ the guy who always wears those tiny styles” , thirdly wearing board shorts reminds me of the contrast of wearing briefer stuff and keeps it fresh and entertaining for next time !
Madaboutuw

Post by Madaboutuw »

tony_sucks wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:56 pm When I first started wearing speedos to the beach, I would wear my high school speedos, which had sides that were about 2.5-3". Then I moved on to Speedo 1" Solars up until 4 years ago when I found better and smaller speedos.
Obviously theres always a time and place for them. I usually scan the area before I decide its okay to wear one. If its too family friendly, I go with something that has above 3" sides like boxer-brief-style speedos or short shorts (not board shorts). If its mixed vibes, I go with my 1" Solar Speedos or something similar; i noticed that this style is considered okay as far as I've ok⁷. I realized that people don't really care if you're wearing a speedo if you just behave modestly and don't try your hardest to grab others attention by acting erratically (as I've witnessed before). Just act like everyone else does and nobody will really care.

I haven't worn a thong to the beach yet but I probably will this upcoming summer. This past year I did go fully nude at the beach. It wasn't secluded. I got the full body tan I wanted to get for a long time. As great as it felt, I don't think i'll be doing that again any time soon. Being naked at the beach was great, but I feel that wearing one of my speedos enhances the way I look (the main reason for wearing them in the first place) and it still gives me that feeling of being fully naked at the beach. So I'll be sticking to speedos from now on.
Aberman

Post by Aberman »

I found my comfort level changeable in 12 hours . Last night I convinced myself that my modus vivendi 1.5 cm low rise bikini was too small for the pool but this morning decided just to go for it and I felt fine . Really strange things tend to influence me . Obviously easier when it is quiet . About 6 in the pool but I found heading straight to the sauna was easier . That’s always interesting as you don’t know what you are going to find in there ! Shower sauna shower pool steam shower changing room . Job done . Feels nice to achieve that .