What's your comfort level?

Let's talk about bikinis
Schoolspeedo

What's your comfort level?

Post by Schoolspeedo »

Apologies if some oy you have seen this topic on another similar board but there might be some who don't subscribe to that board so I've posted this here also.
I had my teen years in the mid-late 70s when men's swimwear was becoming briefer and more revealing by their fabrics. Although my school speedos were quite exciting and erotic, revealing in terms of the feel of the fabric, I was always on the look out for something briefer, which I found in the form of a very brief blue bikini in spandex given to me by a friend and was also suitable as regards colour for use at school. However I never wore them for swimming due to their brevity and feel of the fabric which invariably gave me a hard-on. That said I wore it recreationally with friends. The local sports shop carried a range of 'speedo' bikinis but not really any briefer than the school ones. My parents stayed in near London at that time and there were a couple of department stores that had started selling very brief men's bikinis and I would take great delight though with considerable nervousness in buying the skimpiest ones I though I could get away with; always hoping thane of the older female assistants would serve me. As discussed previously in this board, I found the skimpiest 'speedo' brand bikini while on holiday in Guernsey or Jersey, Channel Isles one year which i adored. The early 80s saw a brief, no pun intended, in the rise of skimpy bikinis for men, a few of which I bought from 'Top Man'. These were the briefest I had found and wore them on holiday regularly though always with a bit of nervousness but the old saying, 'no one will know me' applied and I didn't care after a while.
As men's swimwear started to expand into horrific board shorts, skimpy bikinis became more difficult to find and acceptance of wearing them in public lessened, in my eyes, Now that briefs are starting to return and I'm considerably older, my fear of what others might say has diminished and I quite happily wear bikinis in public though only to a certain brevity, say a couple of cms in width is about the limit which I'll push. Kink's Andre bikini is about that while a slightly more comfortable bikini is the Joe Snyder basic bikini. This is a very small, light fabric suit and damn sexy. Feels amazing on; almost like there is nothing at all. I regularly swim in either style at my local pool with little interest from others, but I guess my attitude to anyone who complained would be indifference. My wife dislikes my skimpy styles, preferring, tight trunks but I just like the skimpy cut of a bikini. I might push my limits with a 'brave person' string side bikini while abroad, again where no-one knows me!
All that blurb is basically to find out the board members level of acceptable brevity in public. Over to you guys.
TANGA TANGA

Re: What's your comfort level?

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Schoolspeedo wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:01 am Apologies if some oy you have seen this topic on another similar board but there might be some who don't subscribe to that board so I've posted this here also.
I had my teen years in the mid-late 70s when men's swimwear was becoming briefer and more revealing by their fabrics. Although my school speedos were quite exciting and erotic, revealing in terms of the feel of the fabric, I was always on the look out for something briefer, which I found in the form of a very brief blue bikini in spandex given to me by a friend and was also suitable as regards colour for use at school. However I never wore them for swimming due to their brevity and feel of the fabric which invariably gave me a hard-on. That said I wore it recreationally with friends. The local sports shop carried a range of 'speedo' bikinis but not really any briefer than the school ones. My parents stayed in near London at that time and there were a couple of department stores that had started selling very brief men's bikinis and I would take great delight though with considerable nervousness in buying the skimpiest ones I though I could get away with; always hoping thane of the older female assistants would serve me. As discussed previously in this board, I found the skimpiest 'speedo' brand bikini while on holiday in Guernsey or Jersey, Channel Isles one year which i adored. The early 80s saw a brief, no pun intended, in the rise of skimpy bikinis for men, a few of which I bought from 'Top Man'. These were the briefest I had found and wore them on holiday regularly though always with a bit of nervousness but the old saying, 'no one will know me' applied and I didn't care after a while.
As men's swimwear started to expand into horrific board shorts, skimpy bikinis became more difficult to find and acceptance of wearing them in public lessened, in my eyes, Now that briefs are starting to return and I'm considerably older, my fear of what others might say has diminished and I quite happily wear bikinis in public though only to a certain brevity, say a couple of cms in width is about the limit which I'll push. Kink's Andre bikini is about that while a slightly more comfortable bikini is the Joe Snyder basic bikini. This is a very small, light fabric suit and damn sexy. Feels amazing on; almost like there is nothing at all. I regularly swim in either style at my local pool with little interest from others, but I guess my attitude to anyone who complained would be indifference. My wife dislikes my skimpy styles, preferring, tight trunks but I just like the skimpy cut of a bikini. I might push my limits with a 'brave person' string side bikini while abroad, again where no-one knows me!
All that blurb is basically to find out the board members level of acceptable brevity in public. Over to you guys.
I don't recall seeing swim bikinis in Top Man shops around the time you say, but I do remember they had a great selection of thongs and g-string underwear, some of which I still have. C&A, which no longer exists on the high st, had very skimpy swim thongs and bikinis which, unlike some shops, weren't hidden in a corner of the store.
The brevity of my swimwear in public varies depending on the situation. On a busy beach with friends, I'll wear a string bikini. On a quieter beach it will be a thong or g-string. Clothing optional/nudist zone nothing(but with a c-string at hand for a quick cover up if required).
Aberman

Post by Aberman »

Like you , kiniki Andre or Snyder bikini in my hotel pool . Much smaller reducing to half back or thong abroad . If away in a uk hotel I may use my brave person brief next time.
Guitar T

Post by Guitar T »

I can’t remember a time in my life when I was not wearing one of the smallest suits at the beach or pool. I’ve always had my own sense of comfort and style. During my adolescence it was common for me to be at the beach sporting at Speedo bikini while everyone else was wearing shorts. As shorts became longer and longer and more baggy my swimwear became more and more brief. The one thing I never liked about Speedo suits was the lack of room in goth front. I always felt smashed up and uncomfortable. As a result I began looking for bikini style suits the had a contoured pouch. The back of the suits went from full coverage to Brazilian cut, to Rio cut or V cut, and eventually Thong cut. It probably helped that I was raised in a beach town and beach culture was part of the DNA of the community. As I moved on to university I too my love of the beach with me as well as my love of small swimwear. Now that I was out of the parental home I was able to expand my choice of underwear to thongs. As I wore thong underwear more and found them extremely comfortable I beach moving toward the idea of wearing thong swimwear. The first time I wore thong swimwear to a public beach I was extremely nervous and excited.
Over the years, and still today, I have attempted to judge the atmosphere of the beach or pool I visit. Depending on the atmosphere I will either choose a square cut suit (if there are lots of families and is see only conservative swimwear worn by the women) or wear a bikini style suit (if there is a more relaxed atmosphere but not thong tolerant). Yet, 98% of the time I am wearing a Thong at the beach, pool or resort. My friends all know I wear a Thong and support my choice of swimwear. I’ve worn Thong swimwear at beaches around the world, on cruise ships, at resorts, at hotels and in my back yard. I’ve had many people, both men and women, positively comment on my swimwear choices.
It looks like beaches season will begin next week and I will be there wearing a Thong, soaking up the warm sun and enjoying time with my friends.
jason_greets

Post by jason_greets »

Schoolspeedo wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:01 am Apologies if some oy you have seen this topic on another similar board but there might be some who don't subscribe to that board so I've posted this here also.
Part of the reason I rarely go to the pool or the beach is because of what is considered "appropriate" men's swimwear, at least here in the U.S. I never really liked baggy board shorts. I would probably feel most comfortable wearing shorter swim shorts. I'm going to see this summer if there is a place where I can wear bikini style speedo where I won't get weird looks....actually, there is an event this August that I'm attending with a few friends at a hotel that has a pool. Given the type of people who will go to this event, I might not look too out of place. Plus I'm getting into better shape.
SnakeEyes20

Post by SnakeEyes20 »

I usually wear swim bikinis at pools and hotels, I've gotten a bit of a addiction to buying swim bikinis in addition to thong underwear. I've spent upwards of 100$ for swim bikinis as they can get quite pricey, not sure why. However when hanging out at my godfathers pool, I only wear square cut trunks, even which he takes issue with, but this is coming from someone who wears a t shirt and board shorts in his own backyard pool.
jason_greets

Post by jason_greets »

SnakeEyes20 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:38 am I usually wear swim bikinis at pools and hotels, I've gotten a bit of a addiction to buying swim bikinis in addition to thong underwear. I've spent upwards of 100$ for swim bikinis as they can get quite pricey, not sure why. However when hanging out at my godfathers pool, I only wear square cut trunks, even which he takes issue with, but this is coming from someone who wears a t shirt and board shorts in his own backyard pool.
I could not fathom myself wearing so much wet fabric at the pool.
oldermuscledude

Post by oldermuscledude »

My comfort level in public varies according to my circumstances. If I'm at the pool with my family and/or my granddaughter, I'm usually in a pair of Hollister swim shorts. If I'm swimming laps at the pool at the gym I'm in a brief speedo--can't swim laps in board shorts and I'm not so crazy about jammers. If I'm at the beach it's swim shorts if it's a family trip or skimpy speedos if it's just me and my wife (even though she hates skimpy speedos)...even though thongs are now allowed on most beaches in NC (where I live) I still haven't gotten up the nerve to wear one in public there. If I'm at the lake by myself (in an area where almost anything goes) I'm usually in a Joe Snyder bulge thong unless I'm totally nude. Generally, the skimpier I can be dressed the more I like it! :D :D
Schoolspeedo

Post by Schoolspeedo »

I've just bought some 4cm swim briefs from a company called 'oddballs' from the UK ( Web site is 'myoddballs') who give part of their proceeds to charity tackling testicular cancer. I've felt really comfortable wearing them in public especially on the beach and pool, I suppose because they're not to brief and even though they have the words "oddballs, covering your tackle" written on the bum, they’re quite inoffensive. I recently wore them on a beach on a Scottish island on holiday and was quite happy speaking with people(very few) just wearing them. Having them on actually reminds me of my school days and the sexy feelings I had wearing my speedos. So now these are my 'go to' choice for most places though I will still wear my very brief bikinis in places I feel they would be appropriate.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Schoolspeedo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:12 am I've just bought some 4cm swim briefs from a company called 'oddballs' from the UK ( Web site is 'myoddballs') who give part of their proceeds to charity tackling testicular cancer. I've felt really comfortable wearing them in public especially on the beach and pool, I suppose because they're not to brief and even though they have the words "oddballs, covering your tackle" written on the bum, they’re quite inoffensive. I recently wore them on a beach on a Scottish island on holiday and was quite happy speaking with people(very few) just wearing them. Having them on actually reminds me of my school days and the sexy feelings I had wearing my speedos. So now these are my 'go to' choice for most places though I will still wear my very brief bikinis in places I feel they would be appropriate.
Can I just congratulate you on wearing a swim brief on a Scottish island. I would imagine that’s as rare a sight as hens teeth.lol I hope this brave act took place during warm June rather than wet and chilly July?