Jockey Elance Sting Bikini

Write your own review of bikinis you own.
JustSomeDude71

Jockey Elance Sting Bikini

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Last month, for the first time in 12 years, I finally purchased men's underwear from Jockey. I quit wearing their Elance bikinis because they changed factories where they were made (from Jamaica to India) and when they did that, the whole fit changed, they were tighter and smaller and had a smaller pouch. They fit like women's panties, and my manhood felt pressed and squished and My jewels were quite literally spilling out of the pouch.

But that was then, this is now:

The Jockey Elance men's string bikini caught my interest last year, and I contemplated trying them for a few months before I actually threw caution to the wind and bought a 3-pack. There were three things about this string bikini that caught my interest:

1. This is a REAL string bikini by definition, the sides are narrow... less than half an inch. Most "String Bikinis" on the market have huge, wide, thick waistbands that measure 2-3 inches in width. To me, that is NOT a string bikini! Because a string is a string, not a thick band that is huge and wide that folds and rolls down when wrapped around your waist/hips.

2. Most men's underwear makers like to plaster their logo all over their product, and I don't like that and will NEVER buy anything like that! Sorry, but no one else besides my woman is going to be seeing my underwear, and she doesn't care about branding and logos! Jockey Elance string bikinis are simple and subtle, their logo/trademark is printed on the inside of the back of the brief, which I like- no scratchy tag irritating my skin all day. Jockey used to have a little nylon tag stitched onto the top left front of the waistband, and I tolerated that, but now it's gone, and I like that Jockey decided to remove it. This is a simple, basic string bikini and I love it!

3. I am a big man and most companies that make bikinis, string bikinis and thongs for men, don't make anything above a 40-inch waist/hips. This string bikini will fit up to a 47-inch waist and so I was happy to see that because they fit well, and not tight, but give a little hug. They don't feel like they are cutting into me. They don't pinch, bind or ride up. Most men's underwear is weighty, coarse and rough, but these cotton string bikinis are light, soft, and comfortable!

At first, Jockey only offered this string bikini in black and white colors, but now have expanded their selection to include a few other colors and also stripes and prints, which suggests that more variety will be introduced soon! :D Also would love to see Jockey offer a cotton thong in this particular style!

I'm glad that Jockey has started making good, comfortable and well-fitting men's underwear again! I love this string bikini and I hope they don't change a thing about them!
Last edited by JustSomeDude71 on Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tbdrawer
Site Admin

Re: Jockey Elance Sting Bikini

Post by tbdrawer »

Sounds like they are better than the Life ones they made for Walmart. Did you see their microfiber ones? They offer them in a few color combos and couple prints too. Looks like a thicker waistband and maybe more coverage than the ones you reviewed. Also appears it has a little bit of contouring to the pouch. Kind of tempting other than more coverage than I typically like.
mrrigid

Post by mrrigid »

These? They do look briefer than the Elance Strings I have - which yes, are tight, and have a broader waistband.
https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... color=9671
I like my Elance for 'heavy duty' weekend work, but they do get uncomfortable after a while.

I like the Life by Jockey strings too, but Hanes had a String Brief a few years ago that was in between, and kinda 'just right'.
Thanks for the tip!
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

tbdrawer wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:09 pm Sounds like they are better than the Life ones they made for Walmart. Did you see their microfiber ones? They offer them in a few color combos and couple prints too. Looks like a thicker waistband and maybe more coverage than the ones you reviewed. Also appears it has a little bit of contouring to the pouch. Kind of tempting other than more coverage than I typically like.
And most definitely better-fitting than Hanes comfort flex string bikini!
I would like to try the microfiber string bikinis, but they are a tad bit too small for me :(
tbdrawer
Site Admin

Post by tbdrawer »

JustSomeDude71 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:00 am
tbdrawer wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:09 pm Sounds like they are better than the Life ones they made for Walmart. Did you see their microfiber ones? They offer them in a few color combos and couple prints too. Looks like a thicker waistband and maybe more coverage than the ones you reviewed. Also appears it has a little bit of contouring to the pouch. Kind of tempting other than more coverage than I typically like.
And most definitely better-fitting than Hanes comfort flex string bikini!
I would like to try the microfiber string bikinis, but they are a tad bit too small for me :(
That's a bummer they aren't doing the sizing the same. You would think brands could do consistent sizing of their products.
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

mrrigid wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:04 pm These? They do look briefer than the Elance Strings I have - which yes, are tight, and have a broader waistband.
https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... color=9671
I like my Elance for 'heavy duty' weekend work, but they do get uncomfortable after a while.

I like the Life by Jockey strings too, but Hanes had a String Brief a few years ago that was in between, and kinda 'just right'.
Thanks for the tip!
This is the correct URL to the string bikini that I reviewed:
https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/ ... color=0001
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Update: Jockey has discontinued their selection of colors and patterns, now back to two choices- black or white. I'm hoping this is temporary, but it's possible that they discontinued them because of poor sales.
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Update: It looks as if Jockey has discontinued their 2XL size. Now, their largest-size string bikini only fits up to 46". So disappointed because I can no longer wear them! :x What the heck is going on with Jockey?! If they can't make their products for every man, then I will take my business elsewhere! Big guys like me are forced to wear boring, mundane Y-fronts and boxer briefs, or switch to wearing women's panties because we refuse to give up the styles that we love because our favorite men's styles don't fit anymore!