When did you know you liked bikinis?

Let's talk about bikinis
ThongGuy

Re: When did you know you liked bikinis?

Post by ThongGuy »

Like so many other stories here, I too became obsessed with the style as a kid. I saw the buff men on the packaging or Arnold Schwarzenegger and other guys in movies, and also rock stars surrounded by girls at the hotel pools... and the bikini/speedo just enhanced their appearance. Same for the female models in catalogs- the bikini complimented their body instead of distracting from it. These images not only pushed me in the direction of bikinis, but also influenced my life in fitness as well.

I was 18 in the late 90s when I finally got tired of the tighty-whities my Mom had always bought and summoned up the courage to buy my first bikini underwear. That's a story of fear and courage all in itself! But I got home and tried them on and they were SO much more comfortable and I felt sexier. I don't remember the brand, but they had a 3" side and I quickly wanted something skimpier and that enhanced my bulge, so I found the Bill Blass bikinis at Target which were about 1.5" sides. Wearing those made me feel very sexy! Over the years I've tried so many styles, brands, fabrics, and prints that I've lost count of how much underwear and how many bikini swimsuits I've had.

As the years went by I got into thongs almost 100% and only have a few bikinis that I wear when I run out of thongs. I worried about what girls would think and quickly found out that they mostly liked them on me a lot (same with thongs). My ex-wife loved them, my current GF loves them, so I'm pretty happy that I have always been able to continue to wear what I like without fear.
ManlyUndies

Post by ManlyUndies »

ThongGuy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:17 am I was 18 in the late 90s when I finally got tired of the tighty-whities my Mom had always bought and summoned up the courage to buy my first bikini underwear. That's a story of fear and courage all in itself! But I got home and tried them on and they were SO much more comfortable and I felt sexier. I don't remember the brand, but they had a 3" side and I quickly wanted something skimpier and that enhanced my bulge, so I found the Bill Blass bikinis at Target which were about 1.5" sides. Wearing those made me feel very sexy! Over the years I've tried so many styles, brands, fabrics, and prints that I've lost count of how much underwear and how many bikini swimsuits I've had.
I'm right there with you, ThongGuy! I was 18 in the mid '90's, but my conversion to bikinis from tighty whities was several years earlier, I think I was about 12 or so when I asked my mom about getting into bikinis. She was supportive and that's where I started exploring styles and fabrics. Like you, I've tried a great many different options. Today I wear a combination of bikinis, thongs, and square cut. I'm definitely not a fan of long legged boxer briefs. In fact, today I'm wearing a bright yellow thong from Dietz.
penfire

Post by penfire »

around the age of 10 or 11. Bought a pair at K-mart - loved them and was hooked on them and all kinds of sexy undies form g-string pouches to trunk bb's. now love to trade gear with other guys who have the same fetish as wearing other guys scented undies and jocks- cock and balls scent and of course their hot sweet cum

any one else have the same fetish- contact me - love to trade with you size med to xl depend on maker of gear :P :P :P :P :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)
jason_greets

Post by jason_greets »

stringbikinidude wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:59 am Hey Tony, cool to read your post. Feel like I can relate to your experience alot. Ever since I was young I wanted to be a 'muscle bikini man'/ bikini stud....basically what you said
" There was a couple more times that that I saw men on TV sporting bikinis at the beach (this was back in the 90's) , and that just really drove me nuts. My desire to look like these men was insane. Almost everyday I would think about getting older, working out, wearing bikinis/briefs and feeling like a real man."
That was my same exact thoughts too. Drove me wild to guys in bikinis on the beach on 90s tv. I wanted to grow up so bad to do that too...to wear those hot styles one day. But yeah, seeing the pics of the guys on the underwear packaging I saw when I was around 12/13 ...I knew I wanted to wear those same styles and look like those guys. To me I guess I wanted to emulate those guys ...I just thought they looked so cool (and hot). I also wrestled with my sexuality a bit too as I obsessively thought about ripped guys wearing bikinis and wanting that so bad for myself. Truthfully had alot of ups and downs with it when I look back on it. It hasn't always been easy to 'go against the grain' underwear-wise. Most of my friends growing up didnt wear bikinis.
But I did grow up in the 80s/90s though and more guys wore bikinis back then and you'd see it more on tv/movies (0r in person) I was 12 or 13 when me and my friend would go to the store just to buy bikinis...it felt so 'rebellious' and I kind of hid that from my brothers...so I know what you mean when you say you feel like you couldnt wear them around family. I still feel that way around family a bit. Off and on all through my teens I would buy bikinis discreetly (kept it to myself mostly) and continued into my 20s'. When i discovered prevailsport online I was ....speechless as I'd been searching for that exact style for a long time. Ordering my first pair and getting it shipped to my house was an experience in itself. Felt like my bikini dreams had come true 8-) I could be the 'bikini guy' I'd always wanted to be. Almost hard to put into words the whole experience of trying on those first pairs I bought. Definitely highs and lows with wanting to show them off but at the same time feeling like I still had to kind of keep them to myself. I actually did get chances later to show them off in the locker room. It was cool seeing bikini 'sightings' in the locker room too. Where I'm living right now I have roommates and as much as I'd like to walk around in my bikinis...my roommates seem pretty conservative that way so I just 'play it safe' and wear shorts. I kind of wrestle back and forth with covering up and wanting to walk around in my bikinis. Olaf benz makes a awesome string bikini btw...not cheap either but worth it i'd say...
Hello!

My story is very similar to you.

I grew up in Mexico in the 80s and 90s and it was common to see men in bikinis and speedos on TV, soap operas, and movies. Any time I saw them, they got my attention. Not so much the men wearing them.

Back then the men who wore them were portrayed as masculine, cool, confident, and fit who attracted so many sexy women. The guys who wore long baggy shorts were portrayed as prudish, nerdy, and sometimes as loosers who were to shy to put on a bikini speedo.

I still feel the same way about wearing bikini underwear. My dream is to get muscular and wear bikini speedos at the beach or the pool.
Pennbikini

Post by Pennbikini »

When my older cousin put me onto them at the beginning of high school; I must have known there was something there because I was bugging my mom to get them a day or two later when we were readying for the school year. So there was that anticipation, and then once I started wearing them, I knew instantly. So that would have been when I was 13! And now, 30+ years later....not much has changed! :D
wolfman1420

Post by wolfman1420 »

For me there were several things that sparked my interest in bikinis. One would be the sears and jc penny catalogs, another would be when in the 9th grade of high school changing for pe and seeing the fit muscle athletes wearing there’s and another when I noticed several pair hanging on my neighbors clothes line.

I remember getting the catalogs and ripping out the pages of the underwear sections and hiding them in my room. I remember at some point during high school one weekend I had went to an out of town school function, came home and the clippings were gone. Not sure what happened but pretty sure my mom found them.

9th grade pe—it was my first time ever changing clothes in front of others. Once small room, we all stripped down to undies and put on our pe shorts. I tried not to look at the others but damn the studs of the football team were in there. Several of them wore bikinis. Of course I wore what mom bought me, tighty whities…

The quarterback of the high school football team and his family lived behind me. His mom would hang the wash on the clothes line. I got to looking close one day and she had hung some bikini briefs on the very back row. I was like damn. I was outside late that evening and noticed she hadn’t gotten it in and they weren’t home. So I went and snagged both pair! They were jockey elance briefs. My very first bikinis.
Last edited by tbdrawer on Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to try and make it fit the blog guidelines
swimmer78

Post by swimmer78 »

wolfman1420 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:52 am For me there were several things that sparked my interest in bikinis. One would be the sears and jc penny catalogs, another would be when in the 9th grade of high school changing for pe and seeing the fit muscle athletes wearing there’s and another when I noticed several pair hanging on my neighbors clothes line.

I remember getting the catalogs and ripping out the pages of the underwear sections and hiding them in my room. I remember at some point during high school one weekend I had went to an out of town school function, came home and the clippings were gone. Not sure what happened but pretty sure my mom found them.

9th grade pe—it was my first time ever changing clothes in front of others. Once small room, we all stripped down to undies and put on our pe shorts. I tried not to look at the others but damn the studs of the football team were in there. Several of them wore bikinis. Of course I wore what mom bought me, tighty whities…

The quarterback of the high school football team and his family lived behind me. His mom would hang the wash on the clothes line. I got to looking close one day and she had hung some bikini briefs on the very back row. I was like damn. I was outside late that evening and noticed she hadn’t gotten it in and they weren’t home. So I went and snagged both pair! They were jockey elance briefs. My very first bikinis.
Hot story Wolfman! I wonder, did you dare wear the quarterback's bikini in the locker room at PE when he might have seen you in them?
Last edited by tbdrawer on Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to try and make it fit the blog guidelines
wolfman1420

Post by wolfman1420 »

swimmer78 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:38 am
wolfman1420 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:52 am For me there were several things that sparked my interest in bikinis. One would be the sears and jc penny catalogs, another would be when in the 9th grade of high school changing for pe and seeing the fit muscle athletes wearing there’s and another when I noticed several pair hanging on my neighbors clothes line.

Hot story Wolfman! I wonder, did you dare wear the quarterback's bikini in the locker room at PE when he might have seen you in them? With a big erection?
Naw. The ‘taking’ of the underwear came in the 11th grade.
Schoolspeedo

Post by Schoolspeedo »

I grew up in 70s in the UK and the swimwear at school was also speedo briefs in the school colours. The real speedo make briefs had nylon type fabric which always gave a more revealing look and thus more of sensitive feel on the contents, especially if the bulge was accidentally touched, than the thicker, heavier bathing suit briefs. A friend of mine lent me a very brief blue bikini of lycra fabric which was even more revealing and skimpier and that was amazing to wear. After that I was obsessed with skimpy bikini swimwear or underwear, though now my comfort zone on a public beach or pool is about 1 inch sides, such as kiniki André or Joe snyder basic bikini while my underwear is mainly kiniki cotton micrbriefs withe the odd Hom micro brief and sloggi tanga.
Aberman

Post by Aberman »

I remember watching a tv programme about Greek heroes , like Achilles or somebody when I was about 10 and liking the loin cloth look . When I was 17 I was passing a gents’ outfitters and there was a torso dummy up high above the counter wearing a pear of « skants » I think they were called . It took me weeks to pluck up the courage to go in and ask the server to climb up and get me some so I could see and buy them . They came to a narrow point at the hip . Over the years I’ve spent more than I care to remember and still do in small underwear and swimwear but now it’s mainly skimpy swim stuff . Based in uk if anyone wants to chat .