When did you know you liked bikinis?

Let's talk about bikinis
PeteJackson1

Re: When did you know you liked bikinis?

Post by PeteJackson1 »

For me it was the high school locker room and being able to see what guy’s waistbands had on it when bending over and sitting in front of me during class!! This was the mid-1990s!
bikinilover

Post by bikinilover »

I loved the look of them from the first time I saw them in advertising in a store or a catalog when I was 12 or 13. I wanted some right then! I was 16 before I was able to order a 3-pack from a Sears sale flyer and try them out. I was hooked! My mom wasn't real impressed when they came through the laundry, but she didn't ban them. Since then, I have worn most types of underwear, but bikinis are still my favorites.
Cachondo

Post by Cachondo »

Wow, so great reading other guys' experiences and seeing that many mirror your own. I was born in the early 90s and I think that I was always vaguely aware of men's bikinis and other similar underwear/swimwear even from a young age. I remember watching different shows and movies on TV and seeing the muscular guys at the beach wearing skimpy Speedos and bikinis, thinking how manly they were.

My dad had been something of a bodybuilding enthusiast from the 70s-80s, so I was used to seeing images of men like Arnold Schwarznegger and other bodybuilders wearing skimpy posing trunks so they could show off their muscles. I also remember my dad had some bodybuilding books he kept in his bookcases with pictures of men wearing posing trunks showing you how to do different exercises. Being Latino, it was pretty common to see Spanish telenovelas on TV and they would often have beach or pool scenes with the male characters wearing very skimpy bikini-style swimsuits. At the time it was considered the norm since they wanted to show off how macho and attractive their leads were.

For a long time, I had always struggled with my body image even as a skinny kid with nothing to worry about. I remember being mortified at the thought of other people seeing me shirtless, let alone in underwear or a swimsuit. I still remember the first time I went to the beach with my family, I only felt comfortable wearing a T-shirt and shorts and don't think I even got in the water. I still wore tighty whities of course, but deep down I remember wanting to have bikini briefs of my own to wear, but it would have been unthinkable as a kid for me to ask my parents if they would buy me any, not to mention it didn't seem like they made underwear like that for boys. Growing up, I always admired and was excited by macho muscular guys wearing bikinis and Speedos, but for whatever reason in my mind I believed that you had to have a great-looking body to wear that type of underwear or swimsuit.
Pennbikini

Post by Pennbikini »

Still difficult for me to comprehend statements like "I was born in the early 90s" and thinking that I was already in high school/college by then and had been wearing bikini briefs for a few years by then! :lol: :lol: :lol: Sheesh, time goes by...
CrossfiThong

Post by CrossfiThong »

Cachondo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:52 pm Wow, so great reading other guys' experiences and seeing that many mirror your own. I was born in the early 90s and I think that I was always vaguely aware of men's bikinis and other similar underwear/swimwear even from a young age. I remember watching different shows and movies on TV and seeing the muscular guys at the beach wearing skimpy Speedos and bikinis, thinking how manly they were.

My dad had been something of a bodybuilding enthusiast from the 70s-80s, so I was used to seeing images of men like Arnold Schwarznegger and other bodybuilders wearing skimpy posing trunks so they could show off their muscles. I also remember my dad had some bodybuilding books he kept in his bookcases with pictures of men wearing posing trunks showing you how to do different exercises. Being Latino, it was pretty common to see Spanish telenovelas on TV and they would often have beach or pool scenes with the male characters wearing very skimpy bikini-style swimsuits. At the time it was considered the norm since they wanted to show off how macho and attractive their leads were.

For a long time, I had always struggled with my body image even as a skinny kid with nothing to worry about. I remember being mortified at the thought of other people seeing me shirtless, let alone in underwear or a swimsuit. I still remember the first time I went to the beach with my family, I only felt comfortable wearing a T-shirt and shorts and don't think I even got in the water. I still wore tighty whities of course, but deep down I remember wanting to have bikini briefs of my own to wear, but it would have been unthinkable as a kid for me to ask my parents if they would buy me any, not to mention it didn't seem like they made underwear like that for boys. Growing up, I always admired and was excited by macho muscular guys wearing bikinis and Speedos, but for whatever reason in my mind I believed that you had to have a great-looking body to wear that type of underwear or swimsuit.
Hey Cachondo, I understand what you’re talking about cause I’m Latino too and I remember those novelas Also in Mexican culture bikini still a little bit trend.i remember swing my dad and sometimes my uncles bikinis, they even slept wearing only their bikinis and that inspired me a lot
jason_greets

Post by jason_greets »

Cachondo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:52 pm Wow, so great reading other guys' experiences and seeing that many mirror your own. I was born in the early 90s and I think that I was always vaguely aware of men's bikinis and other similar underwear/swimwear even from a young age. I remember watching different shows and movies on TV and seeing the muscular guys at the beach wearing skimpy Speedos and bikinis, thinking how manly they were.

Same here. I don't care as much about not having the "right" body as much as I used to. I just want to feel comfortable at the beach. To me wearing board shorts like today is like just wearing a regular pair of shorts. If I want to get wet, I rather not have all this fabric soaking up so much water.
_Pm77_

Post by _Pm77_ »

First I can remember noticing them was when I was young. I can remember my mom handing me a kohls magazine and pointing out a shiny pair of briefs/bikinis. That didn’t go over well me being so young so I didn’t get to try out other styles until I was on my own in college. Even then it was more of a curiosity then actually switching. I’d say it’s only been in the passed 3-4 years I have been actively pursuing different brands to find what I like the best.