Underwear persecution

A place to talk about underwear in general that doesn't fit in thongs or bikinis.
Pennbikini

Re: Underwear persecution

Post by Pennbikini »

So my dad had a HUGE problem with my switch to bikini underwear right as high school began. I think he did associate it with a worry of "my son is gay!" (which I'm not, and which he also found out with the increasing number of girls who spent time with me in my parents' house!) When I first started, literally within a day or two, he found out and confronted me when I was in my bedroom, on my bed, reading while wearing, naturally, a Jordache string bikini (I think it was like peach colored) and a cropped T-shirt (Nike or Adidas or something) and he FREAKED OUT. I didn't find his arguments persuasive so then, of course, I increasingly made absolutely NO effort to hide it all throughout high school, and since I slept in my underwear (still do!) there were occasional hallway encounters at home. I didn't really parade around in them, but I wasn't going to get dressed just to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, either.

A few years later, when I got to college, on move-in day, my parents and I were knocking at my new dorm's door as we hadn't been distributed keys yet and my new roommate, a football player, groggily answered the door wearing a cut-off T-shirt and REALLY skimpy black bikini briefs...he of course had been partying the night before and only got up when we were pounding on the door. Anyway, my parents saw this, my dad looked back at me and said: "looks like you'll fit right in here." :lol:
jason_greets

Post by jason_greets »

Probably the only two instances that comes even close to what you are saying happened to me.

When I was in 9th grade, we were undressing in gym class to change into our gym clothes. At the time I only wore tighty whities and at that time it was already considered "lame" to wear them. Most of my classmates were already wearing boxers, which at the time was then considered "cool." Upon seeing me in briefs, one of my classmates teased me about them since he wore boxers.

Last year I went to the beach with a few friends. I did bring some swim shorts, but they were a few inches above the knee because I hate board shorts. In our way back home after the beach, I put on a polo shirt and a pair of 4" inseam Chubbies shorts because it was too hot outside. One of my housemates saw me in them and began to sing the "Who Wears Short Shorts?" song in a teasing way referring to my shorts. I really didn't care. They are more comfortable to me than most other men's shorts like cargo or basketball shorts. Plus it was just too hot outside and had a good excuse to wear them.
Guitar T

Post by Guitar T »

I started wearing bikini style underwear as soon as I had my own job. I was young, 14. I wore Speedo swim brief for the pool and beach from as early as I can remember and loved them. Yet my underwear was always the basic white cotton briefs. I hated them. So, I made my first purchase of bikini style underwear and knew I would love them. My mother was not pleased when she discovered them. I remember the talk I got about how this underwear was not appropriate for young men or men in general. That didn’t stop me. I liked the fit and feel, so I bought more. In school I was the only adolescent in the looker room wearing bikini underwear and took quite the verbal abuse over it. I didn’t care. By then verbal assault from peer was fairly common anyways. I developed and attitude of not caring what school mates said.
Then I discovered thongs in my late teens. I wanted one badly but knew that would have to wait until I moved out of the parental home. Once at university I began wearing thong underwear. The progressed to thong swimwear as well. I’ve posted about the progression before. Anyways, my past lovers have enjoyed my underwear choices. That strengthened my resolve. To this day I occasionally get an odd look in a locker room of an occasional nasty comment on the beach. But, mostly I get positives from those around me. I wear thongs at the beach. I workout at the gym wearing thong under my leggings or short shorts. I change in the locker room to a fresh thong after a shower.
The only time I’m not openly wearing a thong or bikini swimsuit is around my very conservative and religious family which openly and loudly objects to my choices. As I only see them 2/3 times a year as I live several hundred miles from them I can live with that.
ThongBum

Post by ThongBum »

One time my father said something about me wearing male lingerie but that’s about it…
Pennbikini

Post by Pennbikini »

I think I mentioned this in another thread, so sorry for the duplication, but another time this kind of happened to me was with a high school janitor that saw me in string bikinis and a cropped T and said -- "can you even call those underPANTS?" That was my sophomore year...so he would, from time to time, say things to me like, "oh hi, JORDACHE" (as that was the underwear I had been wearing). There have been some other negatives, but more positives over the years. I've had a couple of amusing recent ones...

A gay woman I've worked with for years was a week or so ago...this is the same one that saw and greatly complimented me with my black Calvin Klein thong hanging out of my khakis when I was getting out of her BMW. That was years ago.... back to the more recent. Anyway, I wrecked my car back in May and had been getting insurance stuff squared away and then bought a replacement, which is an extremely powerful muscle car (a Hellcat). So she saw me getting out of it in the parking lot and she remarked to me -- "you know, I thought there was something to a tall, built guy getting out of a big sedan...especially when he's wearing khakis tight enough to show his bikinis...then I see there's something more to tall, built guy getting out of a muscle car...when he's wearing khakis tight enough to show his bikini briefs." (This is a woman that I've seen whale-tailing any number of times, including on the back of her scooter and her motorcycle!) :D
Pennbikini

Post by Pennbikini »

My colleague is in her early 60s and her partner is a couple of years older and they've been in a committed relationship (and are now married) for nearly 30 years. They've both dated/been married to men but it didn't work out and they managed to find each other and, in so doing, love. So I'm quite happy for them both; they're good friends and we've been through a lot together at work and in life. (They also go for thongs and bikinis for themselves, which I love!)

Thank you for the update on your friend and her relationship status. I’m sure she must be grateful to have a great friend and ally like you who she can be her true self with and know that her tongue in cheek comments about your choice of skimpy underwear will not be misconstrued. Her story mirrors that of many women and men who due to societal pressures and in some cases the law of the land married and had children in order to conceal their NATURAL desires.
GenX_MCMLXXI

Post by GenX_MCMLXXI »

I cannot say that I have ever had a personal experience where I was razzed about my skimpies. The women I have dated in the past never complained about my bikinis or thongs. I do however, see it all the time on Facebook. I follow a number of vendors that sell underwear (Jockey, FTL, department stores, etc.) and from time to time they will post a sales advert featuring a photo of a male model wearing a bikini. There are always men AND women that leave dumb comments:
"Those look so gay!"
"Why is he wearing panties?!"
"I would NEVER let my man wear panties!"

Sometimes I come back at them with counter-comments, but it's always a losing battle. There are more of them then there are of men like me, so a lot of times I just leave it be and just accept the fact that there will always be ignorant people like that and there's nothing that I can do to convince them to the contrary!
Pennbikini

Post by Pennbikini »

I agree; I also think it's a vocal subset. Of all the people who love it, like it, have no opinion about it, kind of don't like it, or hate it, only some of them are going to be leaving any comments. (And of that, extending this just a little bit further, I'm wondering how many are sitting there in bikini and thong underwear while making the comment...or who wish they were...)
Microbikiniman

Post by Microbikiniman »

Speaking as someone who's been "around the bend" SOME (!) (71 years young :D ), here is what I have to say on the subject. Human nature being what it is, there ALWAY has been, and ALWAYS will be, naysayers for ANY subject imaginable. Two words: IGNORE THEM! They have no ability to do anything useful, because they are too busy finding fault with others, rather than living their OWN fulfilling lives. We members of the Forum have a shared interest in the many virtues of microwear. Comfortable support for the "package" and a reasonable expression of a positive body image are the two leading advantages of such. The naysayers most likely fall into one or both of the following two groups: emotional extremism (often to the point of instability) or some degree of eating disorder (resulting in a negative body image). They wind up lashing out at others who appear to be enjoying what they themselves WISH they could experience. But their operative word is "wish;" they are afraid to "chart the course" to reach the GOAL, because they are too damn lazy. It's just easier to complain and find fault. By the way, there's nothing wrong with returning comments on negative posts. No, you are not going to change their opinion, but I've been around long enough, seen enough and experienced enough to know there's NOTHING wrong with "pulling chains" (within reason! :mrgreen: ), and it shows them that there are those who actually (gasp! :o ) disagree with them! (That hissing sound is the "air" leaving their "tires!"). And posting positive comments when you see the male models wearing bikinis tells the merchant that, yes, there are CUSTOMERS who LIKE the merchandise! (Cha-Ching! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) Nothing like singin' "We're In The Money" on the way to the bank!
athongsnook

Post by athongsnook »

Yes had couple of people comment "Speedos, ew!" or "you wearing buggie smugglers!" I just respond with "Life is too short to swim in board shorts!"