Doreanse Sizing

Let's talk about thongs
BillaBingBong

Doreanse Sizing

Post by BillaBingBong »

I'm planning on buying the Doreanse Aire thong and also the ribbed modal g string. I am a 34in waist and wear a large in other brands. According to their size chart I am at the very top of the medium range. Do I follow the size chart or do I get a large like all my other pairs. I've never purchased doreanse so I don't know how they fit. Thanks.
tbdrawer
Site Admin

Re: Doreanse Sizing

Post by tbdrawer »

First off, welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if I actually paid attention to their size chart or not. I just went with the normal size I buy in other brands, which is a medium. I guess I do fall in their medium range as of late I've been running at 33". It seems on the Aire thong there would be plenty of stretch in the medium, so you probably be fine following their size chart on it. I have not tried the ribbed modal g-string. Usually the compliant with Doreanse is the pouch. I typically find they run smaller than most brands. However the Aire thong is an exception to that and seems to be on par with other brands. It is one I do like. Most of the other styles I have tried were fine, but a snug fitting pouch. Now their flashy g-string in a medium did not work at all for me. Again I can't comment on the ribbed g-string. You can see the pairs I have reviewed from them here (https://www.the-bottom-drawer.com/tag/doreanse/). In general I would say follow the size chart. Then of course read over the reviews.
BillaBingBong

Post by BillaBingBong »

tbdrawer wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:36 pm First off, welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if I actually paid attention to their size chart or not. I just went with the normal size I buy in other brands, which is a medium. I guess I do fall in their medium range as of late I've been running at 33". It seems on the Aire thong there would be plenty of stretch in the medium, so you probably be fine following their size chart on it. I have not tried the ribbed modal g-string. Usually the compliant with Doreanse is the pouch. I typically find they run smaller than most brands. However the Aire thong is an exception to that and seems to be on par with other brands. It is one I do like. Most of the other styles I have tried were fine, but a snug fitting pouch. Now their flashy g-string in a medium did not work at all for me. Again I can't comment on the ribbed g-string. You can see the pairs I have reviewed from them here (https://www.the-bottom-drawer.com/tag/doreanse/). In general I would say follow the size chart. Then of course read over the reviews.
I'll probably try the aire in a medium size. I am still undecided on the ribbed modal though as someone with a 34in waist said the medium fit perfect but someone else with a 35 waist said the large fit perfect. I guess it depends on if I want a tighter fit or a little looser fit.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

I've not tried the Aire (it is on my ever growing list to try), but I did try the Doreanse Euro. I'm a 35 waist and the large fit well; other than the tail been short, everywhere else fit great. hopefully the Aire will work out great for you.
Thongwearer

Post by Thongwearer »

I’ve been interested in that thong for a while. But I’m concerned about the waistband or lack there of. Seems like everyone likes it though.
tbdrawer
Site Admin

Post by tbdrawer »

Probably good to try just one first and see how the fit for the waist. Nice thing about Doreanse is they aren't too expensive, so not out as much if you don't like the pair. For me it has been a mix of my liking of their styles. Several I won't buy again, but will wear the ones I bought occasionally. Think there are two style I won't wear. The Aire and Euro thong so far are the top two styles I like from them. For me the Aire thong is so far the best from them.
Thongwearer

Post by Thongwearer »

Do the waistbands fold over or twist easily on the aire ?
tbdrawer
Site Admin

Post by tbdrawer »

I wouldn't say they twist once you have them untwisted when you put them on. Guess I'd also say they don't really fold over. One of my pairs the waistband seems to have a bit of rounding instead of being flat. I don't know if that is due to how the fabric was sewn to it or not.
rm_5960

Post by rm_5960 »

I am 5'-6" 145# and wear 32 to 34 waist depending on the cut. Those two Doreanse items (models 1330 and 1390) are my favorites and between the two of them I probably have somewhere between 15 and 20 pair.

I have tried M, L, and XL in both models and have settled on XL because its the most comfortable. In the 1390 the best fit would be a size L bottom part with a size XL waistband. The net effect of the XL is that it rides very slightly higher, the pouch is great, and the strap doesn't chafe at all, especially with the 1390

Now that its winter I am not wearing them every day because sitting on a below zero car seat is mighty cold without full seat underwear :) But I am wearing the 1330 right this second

The straps do not twist, ever. You simply adjust them as you put them on and they stay that way all day

I have not found anyone who sells them for less money or who does a better job of customer service than Macondo Trading Company

https://macondotrading.com/collections/brand-doranse

They also sell these on ebay and occasionally have killer deals on them.

Happy New Year!
kenadam

Post by kenadam »

Doreanse is European (Made in Turkey) and their sizing (fit) is smaller than American. I have bought lots of their products (thongs). If you are size 34, like me, go with size Large. If there is an XL option, I would go for it. I really like their items.