My dad got me into thongs

Let's talk about thongs
Lazysaturdays88

Re: My dad got me into thongs

Post by Lazysaturdays88 »

Microbikiniman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:02 am Great story, LS88! How did you feel the first time you looked in a mirror while trying one on? :)
A rush, frankly. Exciting. I remember just wanting to be able to buy my own.
Today I still feel a rush from shopping for underwear, and trying them on for the first time. The thrill is not gone.
Lazysaturdays88

Post by Lazysaturdays88 »

_Pm77_ wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:26 am Yes great story indeed. I never would have considered if anybody got influenced to the thongs from their dad, makes sense though. Starting out so young how did your preferences evolve over the years? I.E. Did you stick with the Calvin’s or Olaf Benz’s or continue trying other brands? What about in the dating scene? Did you keep a pair or two of boxer briefs or briefs or did you just own it and your partner could chose to be supportive/accepting or not?
P.s. sorry, as I re-read this I realize there’s a lot of questions for one post :D
My preferences haven't evolved much over the years: I prefer to keep a mix of everyday thongs (cotton/bamboo-esque from brands like N2N and MalePower) and ones that lean more toward the erotic and exciting (Gregg Homme, Fagioni, Bodyaware, etc)

And yes, through my teens and 20s I did keep a few pairs of square-cut briefs in the rotation, for various reasons including the "first time" with a new lady. To that end, whatever girl I was taking to bed would always see me in a thong soon enough, and after the initial "wow", they were always accepting. But that's for another thread, I suppose :D
ThongGizmo

Post by ThongGizmo »

_Pm77_ wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:26 am Yes great story indeed. I never would have considered if anybody got influenced to the thongs from their dad, makes sense though. Starting out so young how did your preferences evolve over the years? I.E. Did you stick with the Calvin’s or Olaf Benz’s or continue trying other brands? What about in the dating scene? Did you keep a pair or two of boxer briefs or briefs or did you just own it and your partner could chose to be supportive/accepting or not?
P.s. sorry, as I re-read this I realize there’s a lot of questions for one post :D
Thank you so much!

I tried to stick with what I knew, though technically what my dad knew, since even with a part time job in high school I didn't have a ton of money to blow on underwear, and thongs can be expensive! It was only in college when I had a bit more freedom that I start to explore more.

Learned I didn't like the string back of 2xist or any g-string really and don't care for the pouch that coxsox has. I remember loving obviously when they first came out and buying a bunch haha. These days I diversify, have C-in2, sukrew, jockey, Joe Snyder, ergowear, Gregg homme to name a few.

In terms of dating I did save some briefs/bikini briefs because even being bi in college for some women thongs were gay, and for some men thongs were too feminine. But after graduation I sort of just stopped caring. Still have a couple bikinis in the back of my drawer if they're needed but that's very rare.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

Welcome to the forum ThongGizmo, I think it is great that your dad was who first introduced you to wearing thongs and was supportive of your decision to try them. I recall a few other members saying their dad, uncle or cousin also wore them. My dad was a plain boxers guy, only switching to boxer briefs about 10 years ago when he had prostate cancer surgery and had to wear a liner due to incontinence. My brother also is strictly a boxer briefs guy. I never felt comfortable enough to ask him about other underwear choices besides briefs, it was actually my mom that bought my first string bikini. I made the first thong purchase years later, and only my wife knows about them. To have that level of comfort with your dad is great. My son is 4 so he has no idea what I wear, but if he ever figures it out later in life I hope he feels comfortable to chat with me like you did your dad.
ThongGizmo

Post by ThongGizmo »

David_NC wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:06 pm Welcome to the forum ThongGizmo, I think it is great that your dad was who first introduced you to wearing thongs and was supportive of your decision to try them. I recall a few other members saying their dad, uncle or cousin also wore them. My dad was a plain boxers guy, only switching to boxer briefs about 10 years ago when he had prostate cancer surgery and had to wear a liner due to incontinence. My brother also is strictly a boxer briefs guy. I never felt comfortable enough to ask him about other underwear choices besides briefs, it was actually my mom that bought my first string bikini. I made the first thong purchase years later, and only my wife knows about them. To have that level of comfort with your dad is great. My son is 4 so he has no idea what I wear, but if he ever figures it out later in life I hope he feels comfortable to chat with me like you did your dad.
Thanks for the welcome! The best advice I can give is just overthink it with your son. Don't be weird about your undies and he won't feel weird about them. Just don't be shocked when he thinks his pairs with superheroes on them are better, becuase objectively, they are. :P
Lonestar

Post by Lonestar »

My dad also wore very skimpy underwear (bikinis and string bikini type). While he never wore thongs to my knowledge, he definitely influenced my choices as a teen.
ThongGizmo

Post by ThongGizmo »

Lonestar wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 pm My dad also wore very skimpy underwear (bikinis and string bikini type). While he never wore thongs to my knowledge, he definitely influenced my choices as a teen.
That's awesome! Definitely normalizes skimpier options and makes it seem a lot of weird to want to wear them yourself.
kiyoothong

Post by kiyoothong »

Great story. I cannot imagine this in my family. My father is a conservative Christian, and he is a boxer guy. When I lived with my parents, I had to hide my thongs in my schoolbag.