Thong and g-string review compilation: Kyle, Doreanse, Cocksox, and many others

Write your own review of thongs you own.
OR-Tacoma

Thong and g-string review compilation: Kyle, Doreanse, Cocksox, and many others

Post by OR-Tacoma »

I had some time, so I thought I would share a large review of men's g-strings and thongs in my current collection. I did not include links, but let me know, and I can go back and update.

I hope this is helpful for folks!

As a highlight, my current faves are:
Daily and gym wear:

Kyle high Voltage Thong
Kyle KLK026 Multi Color Pouch Thong
Doreanse Aire Thong
Doreanse 1330-BRD Ribbed Modal T-thong Bordeaux

For special occasions:
Cocksox CX14 SLINGSHOT

If you use this referral link to Skiviez (where I purchased some of these thongs and tangas), I will get $5 off my next purchase: https://i.refs.cc/S1czhMl9?smile_ref=ey ... Q2fQ%3D%3D

Reviews:
Kyle KLK021 High Voltage thong
This is a super comfortable thong with more comfort in the rear. Somehow the extra material in the back is super comfortable and is a nice alternative to a g-string. The lines are a bit more visible than g-string. I will wear this on workout days and travel days, and I forget I’m wearing it. It’s not as breathable as the Doreanse Air Thong, though it is still super comfortable and supportive for exercise days. These are in my regular day to day rotation they are so comfy. I’m normally a 36-38 waist in pants, and If I were purchasing again I would buy an XL in these.
Review: Two Thongs Up

Daniel Alexander DAK045 Sahara Thong - Large / Purple
I purchased these from Skivviez. I did not like these as well, and I would have needed an XL. I returned after briefly trying on. Not bad, but they were not quite my type.
Review: Not enough Information

Daniel Alexander DAI067 Limited Bikini - Large / Print
This is more of a Brazilian string bikini. I wear it occasionally, and it is comfortable. In retrospect I should have ordered a large, but it’s not too bad.
Review: Neutral

Kyle KLK024 Multi Color V-Shape Thongs - Large / Grey
The first is very similar to the Kyle high voltage thong except for a V sewn into the pouch. It’s pretty comfortable, but I do not like the V seams in the front. I would stick to a Kyle KLK021 High Voltage thong as the front pouch is more comfortable. I still have this in the weekly rotation, though I do not use it on workout days.
Rating: One thong up.

Kyle KLK026 Multi Color Pouch Thong - Large / Turquoise
I really like this. It’s a bit sexier than the Kyle high voltage thong, and it’s more minimal. I wear this for workouts and day to day. It is a part of my daily rotation. The pouch front is a bit more narrow, and there might be gap for the testes to be seen on the side. I don’t care about that anymore, and it’s super comfortable. My wife loves it as well. I would not want an XL in this as things would spill out the side!
Rating: Two thongs up.

Cocksox CX14 SLINGSHOT - Large / LONG ISLAND and CX14ME Mesh
I love this for special times, and my wife loves it on me as well. I love that the pouch can be made to be very minimal. This is reserved for special times only as I do not think it is as comfortable as my other g-strings and string thongs for everyday or exercise wear. It’s not terrible, but I personally would not wear it all day. I love the color and the adjustable pouch. I also have the mesh versions, which are super sexy. I tried both Large and XL - still unsure what fits the best. This is a keeper for sunning and special occasions with my wife.
Rating: One thong up.

Kyle KLI028 V-Bikini - Large / Black
This is a tang, that I think is super comfortable. The back ends up working its way up your butt so it ends up as a thong. It’s my goto if I want full rear coverage. My only complaint is the elastic waistband can get twisted. I have one pair whose waistband is fine, and one pair whose waistband is twisted inside the waist material, and I cannot fix it. If I were reordering I might try an XL.
Rating: One thong up for workmanship, Two thongs up for comfort.

Kyle KLI019 Micro Bikini - Large / BlackRed
I have only worn it a couple of times, and it is comfy for a full back string bikini. There is a mesh panel up front, and I am not sure if I like it. If I were reordering, I would order a size XL.
Rating: still to be determined.

Doreanse Aire Thong in red Size Large
I love, love, love these. Super minimal and breathable for workouts. I wear these in my daily rotation. I have a size Large in these, and they work perfect. Whereas if I was buying the Modal g-string below, I would size up to an XL
Rating: Two thongs up

Doreanse 1330-BRD Ribbed Modal T-thong Bordeaux
I originally purchased this in a large and purchased another in an XL. The XL is a keeper, and it is comfy enough for workouts and special occasions. It has modal fabric, which I am not a fan of, but it is super comfy. and I forget I am wearing it. I feel like it fits smaller than the Doreanse Air Thong, so you might need to size Up.
Rating: Two thongs up

Kyle Mens V Shaped Thong Sheer Back G-String Pouch purchased on Amazon
This was surprisingly comfy, and it is good enough for daily wear. I don’t think I would wear it in the summer, but it’s pretty comfortable, and I would wear it daily. You will see lines if wearing workout tights, and I don't wear it for workouts.
Rating: One and a half thongs up - Pretty good for daily wear but not my favorite

the-bikini.com Men Adjustable String
This g-string is a one size fits all. IT is a g-string swimsuit. It’s okay, but it does not work quite as well as the Cocksox slingshot if the pouch is made super narrow and minimal as it can have gaps on the side. It’s also one size fits all. These are really well constructed and are very nice. Honestly, if I was just sunning or swimming in a non-chlorine pool, I would just wear the Cocksox slingshot adjusted to be more minimal as that is my preference. They also have an adjustable teardrop, which is more my speed (and the Cocksox accomplishes this), and they also have a nice selection of women’s erotic swimwear.

Older thongs and g-strings I haven’t worn in a while:
IKINGSKY thongs and g-strings from Amazon
I’ve tried various models of IKINGSKY thongs and g-strings. They are ‘okay’ but I do not like them compared to my other thongs and g-strings. If you can afford to, I would skip these and go to other brands.

WOSESE Mens Bulge Pouch G-String Thongs WSS56 from Amazon
Okay for special occasions, but I ended up donating. There is too much stitching, which affects comfort. I would not wear these for all day every day use.
Rating: Neutral - I would not buy again

JAXFSTK Men's Spandex Thong Guy Men T-Back G-String from Amazon
They are okay - fewer seams than some of the others. I prefer other brands, but you might like them pretty well. I definitely out don’t buy again.
Rating: Neutral - I would not buy again

Ergowear Men's X3D Thong
It’s not bad, but I would not buy again as I can get more comfortable, more minimal thongs, for less money. Very durable though. Excellent quality construction. Expensive. I do think my current collection is more comfortable than Ergowear.
Rating: Neutral - I would not buy again, though it's just a matter of personal preference.

Ergowear Max Mesh Thongs and bikinis
I am not as big of a fan of underwear with big waistbands, and I prefer a thong that is small and minimal. These last a long-time, but I would definitely not buy again. I feel like the mesh isn’t very breathable or wicking at all oddly compared to other materials and underwear like the Kyle and Doreanse thongs.
Rating: Neutral - I would not buy again.
Last edited by OR-Tacoma on Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thonglover8k

Re: Thong and g-string review compilation

Post by Thonglover8k »

What a great list, that must have taken ages to compile and type up.

I've got a few of those and generally agree with you, I've got almost all the Cocksox Slingshots and occasionally wear my purple mesh ones to the beach, I think they look great. I also love the Doreancse Air strings / thongs, so comfortable, I often wear those to the gym.
Ive had a few pairs of Kyle g strings / thongs, but they are just too small for me.
I love Daniel Alexander and Ergowear, but that was in the olden days when I had too much money :-) Now I tend to buy a lot of my G's and thongs from Aliexpress, although I do have an awful lot of cocksox bikinis and thongs, both underwear and swimwear. I'm almost always wearing a Swim thong to the beach nowadays, feels so good.
Last edited by Thonglover8k on Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OR-Tacoma

Post by OR-Tacoma »

Thanks!

The Kyle models tend to have Euro sizing though some larges fit me okay.

Next month I'm going to try a few more styles from Skiviez: my wife and I picked out a couple Size XL Daniel Alexander, and another cover male to order for April or May. So, I should have more to review next month. Also the Cocksox slingshots are sometimes more comfortable than others. I wouldn't wear them all day, although sometimes I do forget I am wearing them. Definitely keepers.

I've never been a fan of white, and I think I am going to venture into trying some white styles. I have gotten to the point I do not like the darker prints and prefer reds and purples.
Thonglover8k

Post by Thonglover8k »

OR-Tacoma wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:51 pm Thanks!

The Kyle models tend to have Euro sizing though some larges fit me okay.

Next month I'm going to try a few more styles from Skiviez: my wife and I picked out a couple Size XL Daniel Alexander, and another cover male to order for April or May. So, I should have more to review next month. Also the Cocksox slingshots are sometimes more comfortable than others. I wouldn't wear them all day, although sometimes I do forget I am wearing them. Definitely keepers.

I've never been a fan of white, and I think I am going to venture into trying some white styles. I have gotten to the point I do not like the darker prints and prefer reds and purples.
Ha ha funny, because I’ve usually stayed away from white as well, this summer I’ve bought maybe 5 or 6 swim bikinis and thongs, I love it when they go slightly see through at the beach.
I’ve also got two ice silk thongs (undies) that I occasionally wear to the beach, these go almost completely transparent when wet.
My Cocksox slingshots are so comfortable, that I often forget what i’m wearing, I’m a bit of a Cocksox nut!