Manscaping: to do or not to do?

Let's talk about bikinis
DanPar

Re: Manscaping: to do or not to do?

Post by DanPar »

Yes my wife knew about my interest in skimpy swimwear and underwear from the beginning. She also knew that I love the beach, because I grew up on the shore of Lake Michigan in Chicago. So I do my thing and she tolerates it.

I’m proud of my body and I keep it in good shape. So why not show off a little. Very warm here today so it’s a tiny red, white and blue bikini for the beach today.
lapswimmer

Post by lapswimmer »

I wear low rise Asian bikinis, Neptune Scepter, and have been shaving for several years. I shave everything in the crotch and I love the smooth feel of the skin after a shave and so does the wife. She shaves too for a clean crotch. We both use a razor with shaving cream in the shower and do not get any stubble or unsightly ingrown hair bumps. To me a bush hanging over the top of a bikini is distracting from the nice appearance of skimpy swimwear.
DanPar

Post by DanPar »

Nice that you are both into the clean shaved look. I shave everything except my arms and head. Men’s shaved legs show all the details of legs like mine, muscular from walking 6 miles a day. A shaved chest is cool for the same reason. It shows how fit even older guys like me look in tiny swim.
ralange

Post by ralange »

DanPar wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:37 pm Let me add that my wife will not accompany me to the beach 🏖. She’s not a fan of my choice of swimwear. I wear my bikinis and thongs every time I go. Tomorrow I’ll be wearing one that’s almost see through...naughty me.
I have the same issue with my wife, allow we have been married 36 years. She says that I embarrass her when I wear those suits. She makes comments like how many guys do see wearing that kind of suit. My reply is it's not my problem they don't have any balls! I have wore bikini a few times years ago (wish now that I never stopped). A few years back I started wearing "Speedos" then I quickly changed to string bikini's. Now on to Thongs is 2020!

I also shave or remove all the hair on my body. Have been shave my private parts for 25 years then the rest of my body about 4 years ago.
Last edited by ralange on Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

ralange wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:05 am
DanPar wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:37 pm Let me add that my wife will not accompany me to the beach 🏖. She’s not a fan of my choice of swimwear. I wear my bikinis and thongs every time I go. Tomorrow I’ll be wearing one that’s almost see through...naughty me.
I have the same issue with my wife, allow we have been married 36 years. She says that I embarrass her when I wear those suits. She makes comments like how guys do see wearing that kind of suit. My reply is it's not my problem they don't have any balls! I have wore bikini a few times years ago (wish now that I never stopped). A few years back I started wearing "Speedos" then I quickly changed to string bikini's. Now on to Thongs is 2020!

I also shave or remove all the hair on my body. Have been shave my private parts for 25 years then the rest of my body about 4 years ago.
It's obviously a personal decision,but I think guys who are considering wearing skimpy styles like g-strings and thongs should think about manscaping their privates. You're more likely to draw attention to your crotch if there is an untamed bush hanging out of every corner of your posing pouch,rather than a smooth runway.
DanPar

Post by DanPar »

I’m totally hairless and fit for my age. I go to the beach and in Florida to the nude beach alone. I like maximum exposure to the sun to get a good all over tan. I even have a tan-through bikini. Thus, my wife doesn’t accompany me and we are both happy.
CrossfiThong

Post by CrossfiThong »

Well I think taking care of your body is important, don’t have to be completely shaved off but definitely trimming is sign of care about yourself. It’s like a hair cut.

My personal preference is complete shave, (my armpits and pubic) I wear thong almost everyday day and if I get ready at the gym.
Another reason to keep it shaved is because there are thongs (underwear in general) don’t have a double cover, only one piece of fabric and when you are hairy down there your hair goes through the fabric and looks not good for me.
Also when I wear thong at the beach I fill confident that my penis and balls are Cover well, because there are bulge thong only cover your penis and balls and leaves everything else out including your pubis area.
Mark103

Post by Mark103 »

I shave myself using a Phillips Norelco OneBlade which has a small cutting head that is almost impossible to nick yourself to shave my scrotum and surrounding area then use Fresh Balls to keep 'everyone' smooth and comfortable. The rest of me, I'm not particularly hairy, I leave as is. If 'they' doing like it? Screw 'em!
Jeffthong

Post by Jeffthong »

My preference now is to shave completely smooth from the neck down, although I do leave some hair on my arms. I tend to have a lot of hair on my chest and legs and about 15-20 years ago I tried trimming with clippers. I always enjoyed time at the beach and the hairy legs, etc were really unsightly in a bikini or thong. It didn't quite look acceptable so I just gave up trimming and shaved everything nice and smooth. I definitely don't regret going completely smooth and have no plans to let it grow. Maintenance is easy; just a quick touch up in the shower every day with mild soap and a good razor. I've had a couple of instances where a doctor's appointment was a bit awkward but I've stayed smooth for so long it feels normal now. My wife is even used to it now. Occasionally we'll share a shower and we shave together.
DanPar

Post by DanPar »

I’ve been manscaping for over 30 years. I love the look and feel of it as well. I do leave my arms alone but every where else is shaved smooth. I shave every day to keep the look consistent. I use body lotion daily for smooth skin.
I thought that when my doctor saw that I shaved it might have seemed awkward, it wasn’t. My doctor is a modern man and aware of how things are today. He simply said “so you’re shaved”, and I said “yes”, and that was that. Never mentioned again.
What is occasionally awkward is when new people see me in my bikini at our Florida condo pool. Awkward for them, not for me. Usually they get over it, or simply look away.