TV shows that show men in bikinis/ leggings

Let's talk about bikinis
Pennbikini

Re: TV shows that show men in bikinis/ leggings

Post by Pennbikini »

Okay, so here's one from the way-back machine. My subconscious had been working on this for a long time, but this is from a network TV show called Hardball, circa 1989. The relevant part is around 8:13, although there is an earlier glimpse of the same actor during a scene in a police locker room in Los Angeles. Stars John Ashton (he's not the one in the bikini briefs) where he makes a remark to another couple of police about "swing-easies -- underpants for men." The other actor, whom I don't recognize, is wearing a pair of what appears to be blue Jockey bikinis, or something similar from that era like Hang Ten or something. Coincidentally, this is around the time I'd have been wearing bikinis regularly/exclusively, early in high school here in the USA. I remember watching the show when it first came out, and I think I watched it with my dad, but I don't remember the miraculous detail where he didn't make a remark about it! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOtGwn ... 6skdkbd6Iv
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

I've discovered two accounts on youtube which have loads of clips of actors in skimpy underwear and swimwear. Most of them seem to be from foreign language TV programmes and many of the scenes are filmed on beaches or at pools. DONESTILOVIP AND MENBODYFAN are the two channels. I've no idea how old the clips are, but it is refreshing to see so many string bikinis, thongs etc being worn without being commented on or being the butt(no pun intended) of the joke. Would love to hear your thoughts on both.
Cachondo

Post by Cachondo »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:52 pm I've discovered two accounts on youtube which have loads of clips of actors in skimpy underwear and swimwear. Most of them seem to be from foreign language TV programmes and many of the scenes are filmed on beaches or at pools. DONESTILOVIP AND MENBODYFAN are the two channels. I've no idea how old the clips are, but it is refreshing to see so many string bikinis, thongs etc being worn without being commented on or being the butt(no pun intended) of the joke. Would love to hear your thoughts on both.
Yes, both of those are great Youtube accounts. If I had to guess I would say that the majority of the clips are from sometime in the 90s, although there are some from the early 2000s and some even from the 80s or earlier. I'm always impressed by the amount of archiving they're able to do. In the past, there were a handful of other similar Youtube pages over the years but some of them either got deleted, had to take clips down due to rights issues, or some simply stopped posting.

Around this time, Spanish gossip magazines were very popular in Latin American countries and they would regularly have either photoshoots of male telenovela stars in skimpy swimsuits or they would have paparazzi-style photos of them out at the beach. The most popular one is the TV y Novelas magazine and a lot of people have posted scans of said issues online.

This type of content became so popular that in the late 90s, a group of male actors put together their own striptease stage show called "Solo Para Mujeres" (Just for Women) after being inspired by the British movie The Full Monty about male strippers. It ran until 2009 and would perform in lots of different venues, mostly in Mexico but they did some performances in the US and Central America.
ManlyUndies

Post by ManlyUndies »

The new Road House movie features the ”villain" in a nice little black swim brief on his massive catamaran boat at the beginning of the movie. It is not commented on nor mentioned at all.

It is nice to see that in a relatively major film.