Thong negativity on Instagram and other social media platforms

Let's talk about thongs
TANGA TANGA

Thong negativity on Instagram and other social media platforms

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Whenever I see a guy on Instagram wearing a thong, I make a point of commenting favourably and encourage others to follow suit. One time I saw a huge bodybuilder/fitness trainer wearing a thong, which was something I'd never seen him in before, so I posted a positive comment praising him for his choice. Needless to say, one anonymous person commented that by wearing a thong he had lost all masculinity and sarcastically called him "a pretty little flower." Thankfully I wasn't the only one to point out that masculinity is not defined by wearing a thong. I also saw a similar comment being made about Steve Grand who was modelling one of his own brand's posing suits. The complainer stated that wearing bikini swimwear was not masculine and Steve should cover up. I think it's important to praise any guy who has the courage to sport a thong or string bikini, and respond respectfully but firmly to any negative digs. Do any of you guys make a point of defending fellow thong/bikini wearers on social media when they receive derogatory comments about their skimpy attire?
oldermuscledude

Re: Thong negativity on Instagram and other social media platforms

Post by oldermuscledude »

I'm always positive and supportive of guys who wear thongs! I agree completely that masculinity isn't defined by what kind of underwear/swimwear a man wears. It seems crazy to me to think that a man can wear a posing brief/strap in a bodybuilding magazine and be considered "masculine" yet that same man wearing a thong--which isn't that much smaller than a posing brief/strap--can be seen as losing his masculinity. I wonder if a man posing in a jockstrap would be considered "less masculine," too. Is a woman posing in a thong considered "less feminine"? What about a woman posing in a one-piece swimsuit--is that also considered "less feminine"? It seems like a double standard--men can't wear thongs but women can....crazy...
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

I try to be mindful by liking posts or sending a positive comment to those I follow on IG; especially to the ones that aren't body builders. If they are willing to put themselves out there I'm willing to praise you for having the confidence to do so. I follow a couple of straight thongers on IG and they often get hit with the "men shouldn't wear that" or cover up. As a member of the skimpy undies community I'll gladly like a post if it promotes body positivity (in good taste).
officermd80

Post by officermd80 »

I actually just encountered that accidentally the other day. In a posting of a guy clearly wearing a thong, someone replied "No guys wear thongs period." I and a few others were forced to reply.

I tend to avoid social media due to the negativity though. I deleted Facebook long ago due to the fact I would just end up irritated by people and their hatefulness, stupidity, and negativity. I just don't get why one would waste their energy on tearing others down, when we should be building each other up.

I do have Instagram and Twitch, and I always make sure to send Likes and respond to those I follow with support.

I do chuckle at Steve Grand's masculinity being called into question. The guy is gymspiration and a beast.
Thonglover8k

Post by Thonglover8k »

Not so much on social media, but I definitely go out of my way to compliment a guy on the beach if he’s wearing a bikini or a thong.
kiyoothong

Post by kiyoothong »

I have my own thong IG account, and I have about 1000 followers. I have never encountered any thong negativity on Instagram. All of my followers are nice, and I have never received any negative comments.

However on Twitter, I was made fun of because of my weight and small bulge. I joined a Spaces chat once and all the people there made fun of me because I was fat. They didn't give me any negative comments about my thongs.

So, there is fat shaming on social media.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

kiyoothong I think I follow you on IG - you have a great collection of thongs. And don't let the ones that fat shamed you bother you, they were just jealous of your confidence.
Lazysaturdays88

Post by Lazysaturdays88 »

My experience with IG has been a positive one. Aside from having some of my photos taken down (I believe that a bot detects this) I've never experienced anyone shaming me for showing off my underwear.
Bikenswim

Post by Bikenswim »

I used to have an account on IG, and posted photos in a RMWS group. I wear low-cut suits at the Beach, and the small flat-front suits with no bulge got the most Likes! The guys who commented were from all over the world. Then the algorithm would suggest other similar groups and guys. But some guys would post the same suits every few days, so I got tired of that and closed the account.
Facebook has only three similar groups, and I got dozens of Likes for my flat-front suits. Since there is no bulge, I could slip in some nice gaff thong photos that got past the FB censors. Some guys wanted to know how I fit into the suits, (very comfortably) only one said I shouldn't advertise if that's all I had. At least there is no nudity on the site. But since it is the same company as IG and the same algorithm, I had the same stream of repeats. Facebook Live led to a live video of a guy in Australia who pleasured himself, which was nothing I needed to see. After a week I dropped two groups, and dropped the third group a week later.
kiyoothong

Post by kiyoothong »

Lazysaturdays88 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:05 am My experience with IG has been a positive one. Aside from having some of my photos taken down (I believe that a bot detects this) I've never experienced anyone shaming me for showing off my underwear.
Thanks, Lazysaturday88. Btw, what is your IG handle?