Warmer weather

Let's talk about thongs
OR-Tacoma

Re: Warmer weather

Post by OR-Tacoma »

My wife and I may try to hit some of the nudist beaches in the Pacific Northwest this summer along with some of the higher alpine lakes (once the mosquitos die off). We prefer g-strings in more remote and less crowded rivers and beaches in the national forest. We will also try Rooster Rock state park along the Columbia River in Oregon, which is nude friendly, and it sounds more our speed than Suavie Island, which is supposed to be super busy in summer.

Some of the reservoirs we used to go to for sunning are way down, and are no longer available. We plan on doing some scouting for cool and quiet places by some of the rivers and the national forests this summer for sunning.

We have a nice but small deck for sunning. We have access to a pool in our HOA, though it's definitely not thong/g-string friendly.

We have wanted to visit Palm Springs sometime in the shoulder season, and I've been trying to find a g-string friendly hotel with pool for us. Let me know if you have any recommendations.
Jonathong

Post by Jonathong »

My goal for the summer is to sunbathe more in my thongs in my backyard. Also, I'd like to wear one on the beach again. I have not done that since the late 90s. A beach in NC where I vacation is now thong friendly. Thongs will be packed in my luggage for sure this year.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

Jonathong wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:02 pm My goal for the summer is to sunbathe more in my thongs in my backyard. Also, I'd like to wear one on the beach again. I have not done that since the late 90s. A beach in NC where I vacation is now thong friendly. Thongs will be packed in my luggage for sure this year.
Jonathong, Im curious if NC stands for North Carolina? I’m from NC and while I may never have the courage to wear a swim thong in public would love to know which beach in NC is thong friendly. Thanks
oldermuscledude

Post by oldermuscledude »

Jonathong wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:02 pm My goal for the summer is to sunbathe more in my thongs in my backyard. Also, I'd like to wear one on the beach again. I have not done that since the late 90s. A beach in NC where I vacation is now thong friendly. Thongs will be packed in my luggage for sure this year.
Same here, Jonathon! I'm also from NC, and while I know of beaches in NC that have made thongs legal it would be good to know which ones are thong-friendly. Glad that you're going to take that leap thus summer! I've been wearing thongs at the lake i go to to lay out but definitely want to wear one on a ''real' beach, too!
Microbikiniman

Post by Microbikiniman »

Enquiring minds want to know! I've had three "String-bikini Sojurns" on Ocracoke Island on the Outer Banks, but it's been awhile. I called the National Park Service Hatteras Island Visitor Center (252-473-2111) this morning for an update on "Accepted Beach Attire" (!) I spoke to a friendly lady and told her about my desire to wear as little as possible on the beach on my next visit to Ocracoke, and was told that microwear for both men and women is allowed! :D ("Just the facts, Ma'am! ") Since my experience has been with Ocracoke itself (rather than the more heavily-populated areas north of there), Ocracoke is my recommendation to enjoy your microwear. The beach was never crowded, because you have to "work a little" to get there. (You and your car take a ferry from either the southern tip of Hatteras Island, or the NC mainland. But, that's part of the fun, as well as anticipation of really getting away FROM the crowds!) Nice B&B's, great seafood, very relaxing...can't wait to go back!
oldermuscledude

Post by oldermuscledude »

Microbikiniman wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:54 am Enquiring minds want to know! I've had three "String-bikini Sojurns" on Ocracoke Island on the Outer Banks, but it's been awhile. I called the National Park Service Hatteras Island Visitor Center (252-473-2111) this morning for an update on "Accepted Beach Attire" (!) I spoke to a friendly lady and told her about my desire to wear as little as possible on the beach on my next visit to Ocracoke, and was told that microwear for both men and women is allowed! :D ("Just the facts, Ma'am! ") Since my experience has been with Ocracoke itself (rather than the more heavily-populated areas north of there), Ocracoke is my recommendation to enjoy your microwear. The beach was never crowded, because you have to "work a little" to get there. (You and your car take a ferry from either the southern tip of Hatteras Island, or the NC mainland. But, that's part of the fun, as well as anticipation of really getting away FROM the crowds!) Nice B&B's, great seafood, very relaxing...can't wait to go back!
That's great! Thanks for the positive info!
Jonathong

Post by Jonathong »

Thongs are legal on all North Carolina beaches as of last year. I stumbled upon the info last Spring while looking up development activities on the barrier island where I vacation. Sure enough, I saw many women on the beach that week wearing thongs. I did not see any men though. I’m sure there were men wearing them elsewhere. I plan on going to less crowded areas of the island this summer.
David_NC

Post by David_NC »

In the 40+ years I’ve been going to the Atlantic Beach / Emerald Isle beaches I have only one time seen an older man wearing a red speedo, in my younger days he looked like Santa. I promise I am not body shaming, the man really had a long white beard, big belly and a red speedo - I mean come on it really did look like Santa. I think the Outer Banks ( like Microbikiniman mentioned) and a few beaches in the Wilmington area are more welcoming to men in skimpier styles.
Microbikiniman

Post by Microbikiniman »

(Psst...come closer...the NPS rangers patrol the Ocracoke beach, but I suppose it is just a basic scan to make sure things are going smoothly...well...they can't be everywhere at once... 8-) ...so it seems at the north end...on occasion... well, remember that song about champagne making the clothes come off?!?... :shock: ...now, nudity is officially not allowed...perhaps there can be the "lookout" version of the "designated driver"... ) OR...just enjoying wearing as little as possible while giving a "Happy Howdy!" to those hard-working rangers in those snappy uniforms who (seriously) maintain a beautiful beach for us "Near Nudists" to enjoy! :D. (Of course, fellow microwear enthusiasts who we encounter and converse with just MAY have those snappy uniforms hanging in the closet at home...hmmm... :lol: )
jason_greets

Post by jason_greets »

I definitely want to hit the pool or the beach this summer, preferably in my bikini speedos. I tried it earlier in January for the first time in public and now I don't really want to go back to shorts. I do want to lose a few pounds though.