Kiniki women's bikinis

Swim briefs, bikinis, thongs, and square-cuts. A place to discuss swimwear against the norm.
DownUnder

Kiniki women's bikinis

Post by DownUnder »

I need some advice regarding Kiniki's bikinis for women (not the tan-through varieties).

We have a young (24) female relative due here from Britain in March. She wants to get an Australian bikini whilst here, but we cannot find a brand with traditional triangle tops and strings. We suggested a Kiniki bikini, but their strings seem to be rather wide (based on the website photos), and she is worried about the comfort.

Does anyone's partner or daughter have experience of a Kiniki bikini and are the strings as wide as the website photos suggest.

DownUnder
ManlyUndies

Re: Kiniki women's bikinis

Post by ManlyUndies »

I'm not familiar at all with Kiniki.

However, I am a little familiar with Wicked Weasel. They are an Australian company and they offer a great quality product.

Best of all, they offer a wide selection of products that go all the way form modest, yet sexy to the skimpiest and most daring available.

So, depending on what you are looking for, it can probably be found there.

Here is a link to their tri-top page, lots of bottoms options available and you can get the triangles in all kinds of sizes.
https://www.wickedweasel.com/en-us/biki ... top-bikini
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

As your young female relative is from Britain, and Kiniki is an English company,it would make sense if she researched their bikinis before making the trip, either by checking reviews on their website,or if she lives quite near their workshop she could even pay them a personal visit. Failing that I would suggest you follow ManlyUndies advice and try the website he mentioned. Good luck!
DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

Thanks to both of you. I have passed the Wicked Weasel website (something new learnt here, never heard of them before) to her and advice about Kiniki. As she lives in Scotland a personal visit might be out of the question, but she can take it from here.

DownUnder
DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

I'll keep this updated for others who might follow this for advice. Louise (the relative) has advised us that a Wicked Weasel Sailor Stripe bikini arrived on Friday and has been tested for fit. It will be returning here in a few weeks while she uses it during the holiday.

The original question regarding the Kiniki straps remains unanswered, but does not matter now.
DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

I'll follow up with this, as it might provide some useful information for others considering this Wicked Weasel style. I'll keep it to relevant comments about this topic or other subjects that have been discussed before.

Overall during Louise's stay here there were eight pool swims (with all three of us) and a reef snorkelling day, which involved getting in and out of a small speedboat. No issues with the bikini, it seemed comfortable, a good fit and was worn with confidence. There wasn't the (what seems like) almost continual adjustment of or fidgeting with the suit as some other women do with their bikinis. I'd say that with Louise we had a young woman who knew she was attractive, looked good in a bikini, and that helped with the confidence to wear it.

I never saw her wear the bikini just for lounging around the house, just for swimming. That may have been out of respect for us, but I don't think so. She never used it for underwear either, which I know she found cheap and tacky with the top strap visible from under the outer clothing, and the knot of the back strap bunched and obvious. She also did not wear low-cut tops or really short skirts here, so I think this may have been part of realising that she had the looks and did not have to flaunt them.

One comment from Louise was that the cups of this top are small. If you can wear a tri-top with fuller cups then this style should be OK, but if fuller cups are preferred then ignore this style. She did comment that this is swimwear, so should be OK for swimming or walking, but expect problems with it for more vigorous activities.

She had hard nipples twice that I know of while wearing this bikini. Once when jumping from a low brick wall onto a concrete path causing slight breast bounce. The other time was while returning in the boat from the reef snorkelling. She was not bothered on either occasion, the first being private with just the three of us, and the second with the boat driver (a former colleague of mine) and his ten-year daughter, plus ourselves. However, as discussed in another topic, covering the breasts when this happens might just be an Australian thing.

Overall, she recognised that:
not all women can wear a bikini, and should not be forced to;
some shapely ones like her could quite successfully wear one, and should be allowed to do so;
some other shapely ones just do not care for bikinis for whatever reason, and should not be looked down upon for wearing a one-piece or whatever style.

As for the thought that bikini wearing women also wear bikini briefs or string bikinis, add Lou to the list of those who do. String bikinis (and solely that style) were pegged to the washing line in one wash I saw.
DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

A recent message from Louise to my partner shows an embarrassing incident has occurred. I'm reluctant to show this here as it does not really highlight a problem with the bikini or that Louise has done anything silly while wearing it, but demonstrates what can occur. I'm going by what was read out to me, so details may be lacking.

On a recent (it must have been in July else it would have been mentioned by now) trip to a beach (not mentioned) Louise (by herself) was getting ready to leave and was bending over to brush sand off legs. A mother (maybe 10 years older than Louise) and two young daughters (say 4 and 6) had sat down nearby and the girls played in the sand for a while. Something must have happened as the younger one yelled and started chasing the older one. The older one ran near Louise and ducked in front of her just as she was bending over. The girl's forehead hit Louise's left breast and she knew that it would be out of it's cup before it actually happened, so got a hand to it. As she straightened, for some reason the right cup slipped up and off that breast. So within a minute of getting ready to leave there is Louise with both arms folded over her breasts (one now aching) and with a triangle top little more than draped around her neck, the older girl crying (embarrassment surely, not from pain) nearby and the younger girl yelling to her mother what had happened and unwittingly letting other people in the vicinity know what had happened. The only others very close were two teenage boys who were looking, but that's all. The mother came over and comforted the daughter, then helped Louise to get things sorted out. Louise could have done this by herself, but her quandary was that she did not want to give the boys an eyeful, and if she faced away from the boys she'd be facing the girls and did not feel comfortable about that.

Louise went home as originally planned after that. No problems later that day. However, the next day she had to do some shopping. She had found a bra was too uncomfortable on the sore breast the previous day, but did not want to go braless in public, so on went the bikini top. Now I have said before she does not like this and thinks it looks cheap, but when needs must it's a case of joining in. She's still of that opinion though.

So this was a genuine, unfortunate accident that was just one of those thing that occur. Hence my reluctance to share it as it this could have happened with other bikini brands and really is not a problem with the Wicked Weasel brand or Sailor Stripe style.

There is an edit to this which shows I should have run this past the boss first! One correction and one addition. The correction is that the right cup did not slip off the breast, just slipped up a bit, the folded arms helping to hold the top in place just in case, plus of course covering the exposed left breast. The addition, which was not read to me the first time, is that this is the first incident that has occurred after ten or so years of wearing bikinis of various brands. This one now is the skimpiest one yet worn though. She knows the limitations of bikinis and of course has a suitable build for them, which helps.