Your First Thong: When? What? Where?

Let's talk about thongs
Mark103

Re: Your First Thong: When? What? Where?

Post by Mark103 »

I have always worn no more than briefs and being one of four bothers, mom found this the best way to handle laundry. As my brothers left home and I was still there (going to college in the 70's) I finally start to buy my own underwear and started with some colored undies at least. By the time I graduated and started out on my own, I bought some of the first nylon bikinis offered (by Jockey no less!) and later my first Speedo from a closed out rack at a department store. Liking it, I nest went to a Speedo company store and while going through the suits I found THONGS. It was hard to bring it up to the register to pay for them (in particular if a girl was working there,) but after a quick glace from the clerk the sale was done and I had my prize. Since then, I have bought many, many more thongs, different cuts, colors and prints from many countries with glee. This IS the only way to go.
stringbikinidude

Post by stringbikinidude »

Hey Mark103,

I can relate in that I'm one of four brothers also. I'm curious if your brothers knew about what you like to wear for undies or if you kept it to yourself? I was a little on my own in wearing bikinis and thongs, so that's why I ask. I also didn't like to reveal that to my brothers as they mostly wore boxers or regular briefs.
MuscularinThong

Post by MuscularinThong »

I was 18, it was 1991 and I bought my first pair men’s thong at Frederick’s of Hollywood in a mall, when they still sold them at Frederick’s. It was cotton, but I do not remember if it was there brand or another. From the I was hooked and bought dozens over the years to come.
tom_22

Post by tom_22 »

First thong I ever purchased was actually a joke... I went on holiday to BC, Canada and bought a Covermale Canada Flag thong... I changed in the hotel bathroom to keep the secret.... I wore it out in hopes to surprise her when we stripped down for some “birthday exercise”. While we were out I found myself triple checking to ensure my undershirt stayed tucked in so no one would see my “undershorts”.... When we got back to the hotel, she was quite surprised, as I only wore boxer briefs prior to this holiday... <fast forward a few months> I purchased a couple Cocksox thongs. Haven’t looked back. Now, I swear by cocksox... Change my mind
SM_Thongguy

Post by SM_Thongguy »

tom_22 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:24 am First thong I ever purchased was actually a joke... I went on holiday to BC, Canada and bought a Covermale Canada Flag thong... I changed in the hotel bathroom to keep the secret.... I wore it out in hopes to surprise her when we stripped down for some “birthday exercise”. While we were out I found myself triple checking to ensure my undershirt stayed tucked in so no one would see my “undershorts”.... When we got back to the hotel, she was quite surprised, as I only wore boxer briefs prior to this holiday... <fast forward a few months> I purchased a couple Cocksox thongs. Haven’t looked back. Now, I swear by cocksox... Change my mind
Love this story - the thrill, the checking, the no turning back :lol: Once we break our own barriers and have a gf/wife support us- life has been made.
virgospeedo

Post by virgospeedo »

My first thong was from a brand no longer made, called Gazelle by JustMen. Perfect red color and the stretchy fabric was perfect...wish I could find the brand again! I wore the thong to a gay beach on Long Island, not far from New York City....it was an amazing feeling and great to be at a place where other thongers were. During the day you could meet others ....the best
Hotbunz1969

Post by Hotbunz1969 »

The first true thong I ever wore was a white ‘Speedo’ suit, bought for me by my then GF. I was just about to turn 18.
She had bought it (along with two others, one red, one yellow) for me as a surprise and wanted me to wear them while on the holiday she had taken me on to her parents villa in Spain.

I was a County swimmer at the time so was no stranger to the tight, skimpy swimteam trunks we were made to wear, I was however somewhat hesitant to try this new, very revealing style out by the complex’s pool as my GF was requesting!

After much encouragement, and seeing what my GF was planning on wearing (a matching white thong bikini) I finally went for it!

OMG!!! I’m SOOOOOO glad I did!!!!!

For the whole week I didn’t get one negative comment nor one funny look. I loved the freedom and exposure of the style but most of all........ the super sexy tan lines I got!! I’ve never looked back.

32 years on and the only thing that has changed is that my suits are now WAY smaller!!!! Nowerdays I much prefer to tan in only the right side of a one-sided micro thong when ever I can.
beachlion

Post by beachlion »

When I was 15 somewhere around 1960, I saw a movie and the main character wore a g-string in the jungle when he took a shower (a bucket with holes). From left-over fabric I made one myself and wore it at the beach in Holland at a secluded spot.
https://i.postimg.cc/c4B17jym/Eerste-stringqqq.jpg

This one did not last long and the interest faded. Around 1980 thongs became slightly popular in Europe and I bought a few. With a partner that hated skimpy suits on men it faded away again. We split up and in 2000 I started buying thongs and g-strings and never looked back. In a way I started three times and my underwear now is thongs and g-strings only and the same goes for swimwear.
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

My first thong was back in the early 1990s, back when Frederick's of Hollywood still sold men's underwear. I went to a FOH at one of the local malls and bought 3 or 4 white cotton thongs. They were very comfortable and I wore them secretly because I still lived with my parents at the time and was afraid of my mom's reaction if she discovered that I started wearing thong underwear. Besides, she had a big mouth and I knew she would call her sisters and tell them and the last thing I wanted was for the whole family to know I was wearing thongs.
JM_Runs

Post by JM_Runs »

I made my first thongs is 1978, wanting a barely there swimsuit. Not very good. Wrong fabric.

I could buy skimpy swimsuits, HOM and YSL made some with string sides, but did not see thongs for sale.
So a little later, probably 1980, I made some g-string type swimsuits from one half of the bra of women's string bikinis.

It helped that the tops of many early string bikinis were symmetrical.
The ones with the halter top look with fabric straps that tied behind the neck, but a string around the chest were the simplest conversions.
These worked much better, and I still have some of my early creations today.

In about 1982 I got hold of a sewing machine and made a few suits I wanted from scratch. Again the wrong fabric, but a couple were successful. One with a removable rear that provided minimal rear coverage, or squished in to make a thong, or removed entirely to make a micro g-string was a good suit that got a lot of use. By then thongs and g-strings were becoming available in a number of local South Florida stores, so I switched to just buying them. Now I just use a sewing machine to do minor alterations like shortening the rear strap where necessary.