Kiniki Gigolo

Let's talk about thongs
DownUnder

Kiniki Gigolo

Post by DownUnder »

There have been various comments about the Kiniki Gigolo G-string and the disappointment at its demise.

I have never tried this one, but, from photos of it, it seems like it might have been a good style. I asked Kiniki admin about it and this is the response:

"Thank you for your message. No sorry we have no plans to bring back the Gigolo".

That was pretty much it. I'd like to know why it was discontinued, but don't want to probe company decisions or policy.

DownUnder
TANGA TANGA

Re: Kiniki Gigolo

Post by TANGA TANGA »

Hi DownUnder. I always get quite nostalgic whenever Kiniki's Gigolo g-strings gets mentioned and I wonder if and how I can convey in a few words just how great they were to someone like yourself who never had the opportunity to wear one? They were made of nylon and were available in many colours including red,black,blue,claret and yellow. The pouches were quite narrow but not restrictive and fitted comfortably over your manhood giving a nice outline.The under elastic and waist were narrow but made of good quality elastic so you never felt pinched in any way. I even wore mine on the beach and in the water because they dried very quickly after a swim and gave minimal tan lines. I was very disappointed when they were discontinued,and even though they made a comeback a number of years later,they were never the same.I did buy several but discovered the pouches had been made bigger and the under elastic was thicker and not so comfortable to wear. I still have a few of the "originals" which are in very good condition,and a few that I can't bring myself to part with even though I'm never likely to wear them again. Hope this has given you an idea of what the fuss was all about?
tbdrawer
Site Admin

Post by tbdrawer »

I think the nylon fabric is what made the Gigolo. Their newer versions at least with similar construction are mostly made of their poly lycra print fabrics. I haven't tried them to be able to compare though. On the plus side they at least brought back g-strings, since for a while they weren't offering any or at least not many. I'm still partial to the ones like the sling they still offer.
DownUnder

Post by DownUnder »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm Hi DownUnder. I always get quite nostalgic whenever Kiniki's Gigolo g-strings gets mentioned and I wonder if and how I can convey in a few words just how great they were to someone like yourself who never had the opportunity to wear one? They were made of nylon and were available in many colours including red,black,blue,claret and yellow. The pouches were quite narrow but not restrictive and fitted comfortably over your manhood giving a nice outline.The under elastic and waist were narrow but made of good quality elastic so you never felt pinched in any way. I even wore mine on the beach and in the water because they dried very quickly after a swim and gave minimal tan lines. I was very disappointed when they were discontinued,and even though they made a comeback a number of years later,they were never the same.I did buy several but discovered the pouches had been made bigger and the under elastic was thicker and not so comfortable to wear. I still have a few of the "originals" which are in very good condition,and a few that I can't bring myself to part with even though I'm never likely to wear them again. Hope this has given you an idea of what the fuss was all about?
They seem to have largely moved away from solid nylon now for some reason. There are still some nylon and nylon/lycra mesh styles available. It truly does seem a shame that this style has been discontinued.