Thong Dilemma

Let's talk about thongs
JustSomeDude71

Re: Thong Dilemma

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Just a hunch, but you wife is American, correct? And probably born and raised in the Bible Belt region of the USA?

Americans are very uptight, squeamish and conservative when it comes to men's underwear, particularly: thongs, bikinis and g-strings. This puritanical belief seems to be only localized within the United States. Ironically American women have no reservations when it comes to their own underwear! They wear whatever they want, no matter how skimpy, brazen or daring the style and cut... it's all part of that women's lib stuff. American men, however, are raised to believe that they should be ashamed of themselves especially when it comes to sexuality and expressing themselves in their choice of underwear. If an American man wants to break from the traditional choice of boring, mundane men's underwear (boxers, boxer briefs and full-cut Y-front briefs) he is teased, shamed and mocked and labeled as gay, sissy, weird, perverted, etc..

Chances are, you're wife has been indoctrinated by conservative American society since birth to believe that men are to conform to certain guidelines, one of which is that they DO NOT wear anything other than boxers or big, giant granny panty men's briefs. It's not her fault, it's that she was raised that way.

The challenge for you is a matter of getting her to un-learn what she's learned.
Last edited by JustSomeDude71 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Thinglover wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:33 pm
Thank you for responding! I have been wearing bikini style and brief underwear since we met. I have showed her pictures of thongs that I want and all she told me was that she doesn’t like them for men and that she thinks it’s weird. I had kept some thongs I owned secret for some time and I don’t think she’s actually ever seen me in a thong. She herself has always been a thong wearer and they look phenomenal on her. I experimented with thongs in high school, barely wore any in college, and within the passed few years I’ve been occasionally wearing them. I would like to wear them more often. When I recently talked with her I described it as an underwear fetish because that’s how strongly I feel about them
Maybe she sees it as more of a sexual fetish for you and not just a simple preference in underwear style. If your passion for thongs borders on obsessive-compulsive behavior, than maybe she has a point and a legitimate gripe. May I ask, how often do you buy new thongs?

JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

Tanga Tanga makes some great points! The type of thongs you wear may give your wife concern, especially if they're feminine-looking (silky, satiny, lacy, frilly and feminine-looking with scalloped edges and looking like women's panties). Also you may need to reign-in your thong buying. If you're buying at least one each week, I would say that, that could be perceived by your wife as obsessive and wasteful, especially if she thinks that the money could be more smartly allocated to other family or household needs. I'll be the first to admit that I myself am a pushover for a sexy bikini brief or thong, but I know my limits and I know when I should be prudent my financial resources and put it to use more wisely elsewhere.