Manscaping: to do or not to do?

Let's talk about bikinis
londondan

Re: Manscaping: to do or not to do?

Post by londondan »

I'm probably the odd one out here as I do next to zero manscaping. I'm pretty hairy all over so if I was to trim say my bikini area or chest it would look out of place with the rest of my body.

Shaving/waxing is not an option - it grows back too fast and too prickly. Trimming it the same length all over looks odd and takes time and effort to do it properly.

So I've come to embrace it and loose my self-consciousness about it. If I'm in a skimpy bikini then I'll make sure I tuck my pubic hair inside so it looks as neat and tidy as possible. If I'm wearing a thong on the beach then it means my very hairy ass cheeks will be exposed. I appreciate that may not be a pretty site to some people but it's my natural body and hopefully I'm not harming anyone too much by exposing them!
TANGA TANGA

Post by TANGA TANGA »

londondan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:56 pm I'm probably the odd one out here as I do next to zero manscaping. I'm pretty hairy all over so if I was to trim say my bikini area or chest it would look out of place with the rest of my body.

Shaving/waxing is not an option - it grows back too fast and too prickly. Trimming it the same length all over looks odd and takes time and effort to do it properly.

So I've come to embrace it and loose my self-consciousness about it. If I'm in a skimpy bikini then I'll make sure I tuck my pubic hair inside so it looks as neat and tidy as possible. If I'm wearing a thong on the beach then it means my very hairy ass cheeks will be exposed. I appreciate that may not be a pretty site to some people but it's my natural body and hopefully I'm not harming anyone too much by exposing them!
Great post and a timely reminder to those of us without a surfeit of body hair, of the challenges our hirsute brothers face when it comes to manscaping, or not,as the case may well be. Sounds like you've learned to accept and embrace your body hair and that is all that matters. Glad to see you don't let what others might say about your "hairy ass cheeks" put you off wearing a thong on the beach. And finally,correct me if I'm wrong,but is body hair not seen as a sign of virility? Try denying that to a group of eastern Europeans in tiny bikinis with hair popping out of every follicle!
londondan

Post by londondan »

TANGA TANGA wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:20 am
londondan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:56 pm I'm probably the odd one out here as I do next to zero manscaping. I'm pretty hairy all over so if I was to trim say my bikini area or chest it would look out of place with the rest of my body.

Great post and a timely reminder to those of us without a surfeit of body hair, of the challenges our hirsute brothers face when it comes to manscaping, or not,as the case may well be. Sounds like you've learned to accept and embrace your body hair and that is all that matters. Glad to see you don't let what others might say about your "hairy ass cheeks" put you off wearing a thong on the beach. And finally,correct me if I'm wrong,but is body hair not seen as a sign of virility? Try denying that to a group of eastern Europeans in tiny bikinis with hair popping out of every follicle!
Thank you and appreciate it! And for the record, I have nothing against men who want to shave their body hair off too.
DrMarkinMD

Post by DrMarkinMD »

DanPar wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:23 am I’ve been manscaping for over 30 years. I love the look and feel of it as well. I do leave my arms alone but every where else is shaved smooth. I shave every day to keep the look consistent. I use body lotion daily for smooth skin.
I thought that when my doctor saw that I shaved it might have seemed awkward, it wasn’t. My doctor is a modern man and aware of how things are today. He simply said “so you’re shaved”, and I said “yes”, and that was that. Never mentioned again.
What is occasionally awkward is when new people see me in my bikini at our Florida condo pool. Awkward for them, not for me. Usually they get over it, or simply look away.

Being a doctor myself, I can honestly say nothing surprises me! A good friend gave me my last physical and he told me how much better he felt since HE started shaving (it’s surprising how honest you can be when you’re naked! LOL!)
DrMarkinMD

Post by DrMarkinMD »

Nothing wrong with that! I only shave my back and pubic region. My wife loves the hairy chest, butt and legs!
Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I get my back waxed at a salon during the summer (May-September) for beach and pool season. I trim my own pubes year round. I trim them short with scissors and use a cartridge razor to shave near the base of my shaft. This is the perfect combo for me. I couldn’t shave my gentiles completely bald mostly due to the fact that I’m hairy all over.
Microbikiniman

Post by Microbikiniman »

I have been enjoying manscaping for some time now. I use a Philips Norelco Bodygroom razor and it does a great job. I've never been very hairy, and it takes just a few minutes every few days. Each morning, after I shower and towel off, I check face and body to see if a shave is needed. I then do whichever is needed. I am single, so there is no way to do my back, but it seems to be naturally smooth. I shave chest, abs, pubic area, shaft, balls, arms and legs. Being smooth is perfect for my microbikini and improves the look of my tan. And, yes, I think my erection looks bigger!:):) I have a bottle of cocoa-butter lotion and smooth it on all over just after I finish, and have had no problems with irritation or discomfort. Two thumbs up!
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

I've been manscaping for just over 25 years now. In fact, thinking about it, I've spent most of my life without pubic hair, and even when I did have it I trimmed it so that it didn't show when sun-tanning in a bikini or thong.

I tend to use 'Veet For Men' from my pecs down (I like having a hairy chest, but nothing else) - although every so often I'll shave my chest as well, just for fun or to get some sun on it. I generally shave my back with a special long-handled razor - which I thoroughly recommend.

Knowing that no matter how skimpy my beach/sunning/under-wear is, no hair will be showing is important to me, and means that I can go skimpier than would otherwise be possible.

In contrast, I have a full beard, and have had since before they were fashionable (and will do long after they stop being fashionable too) despite having almost no hair anywhere else!
outside_time

Post by outside_time »

I started 'scaping below about 5 years ago, but just a touch up to keep things under control. Then I had surgery and was required to be fully shaved, but instead I had my wife do a home waxing. I liked the result, so we did it again, but had lots of in-grown issues, so I started shaving with a Body Groom every day, and that's worked out ok. So yeah, hairless below, and it works for me, skimpy suits and all.
JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB »

outside_time wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:15 am I started 'scaping below about 5 years ago, but just a touch up to keep things under control. Then I had surgery and was required to be fully shaved, but instead I had my wife do a home waxing. I liked the result, so we did it again, but had lots of in-grown issues, so I started shaving with a Body Groom every day, and that's worked out ok. So yeah, hairless below, and it works for me, skimpy suits and all.
Hello outside_time - welcome! I'm glad I'm not the 'new boy' here any more - I've been here at least a week longer than you! :lol:

You're braver than me - I've never tried the waxing option. I understand it ends up being very smooth for weeks, and I have thought about it... but I've never plucked up the courage.