What I wish people understood about men who wear bikinis & thongs

A place to talk about underwear in general that doesn't fit in thongs or bikinis.
JustSomeDude71

What I wish people understood about men who wear bikinis & thongs

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

What I wish that people knew and understood about men who choose to wear bikini and thong underwear/swimwear:

It's part of my generation. Growing up in the 1970s, 1980s, men and teenage boys alike wore bikini underwear and swimwear. It was a popular style well into the 1990s.
It doesn't mean that I am a sexual deviant or a pervert. Some men wear boxer shorts, some prefer boxer briefs, some prefer to wear traditional, white, full-cut Y-front briefs. Heck, some guys even like to wear diapers (nappies)! Bikini and thong underwear is just another style of men's underwear. It's the style of underwear that I have worn since I was 15. It's just what I like and prefer to wear and there's nothing perverse or sexual about it; no more than women who prefer to wear bikinis, string bikinis, thongs and g-strings, instead of full-cut briefs (granny panties) are sexually immoral, sluts and whores.
In my opinion, tighty whities are for little boys who have graduated out of diapers. I am no longer a child, I am a man and I have put away childish things.
In my opinion, boxers are for old men, and that's not my generation. I grew up in the 70s and 80s where men wore bikinis.
The style of underwear that a man chooses to wear does not define or determine his sexual orientation. Wearing a bikini or thong doesn't make you gay anymore than wearing a camo T-shirt and green, BDU trousers makes you a soldier.
Women actually do prefer men who wear bikinis and thongs. They may not openly admit it to their female peers because it's not socially acceptable, but they secretly want their man to wear sexy underwear for their delight and pleasure!
I like to be comfortable, and to me, comfort is not loads of extra and unnecessary fabric bunched-up and jammed between my thighs underneath my trousers. Why should my underwear go up over my belly button & half way up my torso, or down past my knees? That is neither appealing, attractive or comfortable to me!
I like the minimalist feel of bikini briefs and thongs. Y-front briefs look like huge, baggy diapers to me and cannot understand why adult men still wear the same style of underwear that their mommy bought for them after they quit wearing baby's diapers?! They are the male equivalent of granny panties.
Boxer shorts and boxer briefs offer no support! In the summer months, when it's humid and the weather is hot and sticky, why would I want my manhood stuck to my inner thigh, getting pulled, stretched, squished, sat-on and twisted every time I move, walk or sit? Boxers and boxer briefs are the same as going commando!
In my lifetime, I have been with 7 different women and none of them had issue or problems with me wearing bikini & thong underwear. It was not a "deal-breaker" to them! On the contrary, some remarked that it showed great confidence in myself and that I was secure in my sexuality. Women admire and are attracted to confident, secure men.
Last edited by JustSomeDude71 on Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:47 am, edited 16 times in total.
stringbikinidude

Re: What I wish people understood about men who wear bikinis & thongs

Post by stringbikinidude »

JustSomeDude71, I conquer. I grew up in the 80s/90s so I get what you're saying. Sad times we've been living though with what feels like societal pressure against bikini underwear for men. Gotta keep the faith though....here's hoping there can be a bikini underwear revolution for men.
Pennbikini

Post by Pennbikini »

I definitely agree. Basically from the same Gen-X generation here, I think! I tried boxers one time and I knew instantly that they weren't for me so they basically went from the retail shelf to the trash can (this would have been around 2001 or so.) I never bothered to try them again; I've been in bikinis for decades (with the occasional thong) and will likely stick with them at this point!

I think it's likely that more men wear them than admit to it, much less display or talk about it. There seems to be some type of demand for them!

I also agree; I've had girls see in me in my undies since I was 15 or 16. They always enjoyed or even loved the fact that I wear bikini underwear. Sometimes they would stick to the party line at the beginning (OMG, you said you wear WHAT?) but when the chips (and the pants) are down, there wasn't anything other than what I would call "significant" interest! :D
JustSomeDude71

Post by JustSomeDude71 »

I wore boxer briefs over my skimpies for a while to prevent chafing. During summer months when it's hot and humid, I would chafe really bad and tried boxer briefs to help remedy the chafing and soreness. It helped a lot.
Pennbikini

Post by Pennbikini »

Well, fortunately for me that never happened...sounds very uncomfortable. The one 27-second time period when I put on a pair of boxers, that was sort of what I thought was going to happen. I've always found the string bikini to work the best for me, even the half-back types from Kiniki and others. Just seemed to work out that way!